AQUATRONICA Aquarium Controller

jervismun

well .. mine is pretty way off for the density and the PH .. and Temp .. sigh ..

I am doing another round of calibration now since the software update also affects the Controller... so no harm lah I guess... will update you guys if it's necessary :)

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ok last pix of the night... now I don't even have to remember things anymore... :lol::lol::lol:

post-14-1151509811.jpg

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

Bros and Sis... after doing software upgrade... it's worthwhile to recalibrate your probes... here are the results of my recalibration:

pH

Read Value: 10.2

Calibration Value: 10

Read Value: 7.2

Calibration Value: 7

Hahaha... must post another pix... new discovery... as expected the Conductivity (Sg) is slightly off too... but this software update is more than that... it enables Temperature adjusted Calibration.

Yesterday (before the update) I calibrated based on 52mS (as stated in the calibration fluid bottle label)... but today the Calibration Value shows 52.62mS instead!!! The difference of 0.62mS is a reflection of the difference in temperature coz the bottle stated 52mS @ 25ºC... my room temp around 29ºC.

So this software update is a major update :)

Conductivity (Sg)

Read Value: 52.89mS

Calibration Value: 52.62mS

Actually the difference reflected in my tank is not obvious at all... just a tiny adjustment :lol:

post-14-1151514555.jpg

This is my first Aquarium Controller System and it is thrilling... really... although I have no past experience to compare this product with... so far so good :) The only complain is... I CAN'T USE MY MAC TO CONTROL/MONITOR THE AQUATRONICA!!!

Oh... although I am not suppose to promote this product commercially... just for those bros and sis who thought I burnt my entire life savings on this TOY... the LFS (you go and find out yourself) is giving a launch promo right now and the starting price for a basic package (which includes almost all of my items) is slightly above 20 pieces of Blue Notes (or 10 Orange Notes, whichever way makes you feel better) :lol::lol::lol:

Actually not too unreachable lah... considering a Louis Vuitton female purse (Made in Spain) could easily costs that much :lol::lol::lol: (and they are using pig skin) :pinch:

Hmmm ... certainly a cool product based on your past few days experience for this product. :)

It is cool... the thing is this product requires careful calibrating (which I find bearable)... not direct plug-and-play as I come to expect at the beginning... but calibration can be fun too :lol: Now I just need to wait for the Redox Calibration Fluid to come in September <_< Any idea where I can lay my hands on a bottle... somewhere? :P

For those of you with extremely complex/technical questions... can try email Aquatronica directly. The last time, bro Lyz77 received quite prompt reply from the Italians (which is important for after sales support).

marketing@aquatronica.com

Extracted from Aquatronica.com

-------------------------------------------------------

New Firmware version for the Control Unit...

The new Firmware version for the Aquatronica Aquarium controller contains many interesting innovations compared to the previous version:

1) The new PASSWORD protection

This new function makes it possible to set a password which protects the controller from any "unwanted" modifications

2) New FUNCTION KEY option

Extremely useful for aquarium maintenance, this function allows you to assign one or more plugs to the directional keys, and use these keys to activate/deactivate the plugs on the Power Units. This function can also be used as a "Fish food" program, this program will turn off the return pump during feeding.

3) Power cut modification

Compared to the original function, this update allows you to set the time a plug remains off after a power outage (useful for HQI lighting), the plugs no longer need to be activated manually as this is now done automatically

4) Correction of several minor bugs

-------------------------------------------------------

Haha... a single firmware update can offer so many enhancements...

I can't wait for the next round of updating :lol::lol::lol: The best thing... it's FREE!!! (I hope ;))

• SRC Member

Tonight I'll go do my recalibration again ..

- Removed my timers for the light and now completely run by the controller B)

- Set the Chiller ON/OFF temperature via tank (difference of 2 degrees versus the thermometer and chiller <_< ) Reset my curve so there's no drastic changes for now and slowly raise the temp .. set temp in day to 26 and night to 28 degrees

- Reprogrammed the arrow keys to turn on/off pump, skimmer and blue light :P:blink:

- Set the low level warning (at least now have aural warning)

- Going to set the weekly reminders list for feeding and dosing .. now trying to decide if need to change water monthly :ph34r::lol::lol: (note have not changed water for a long time.. :rolleyes: and everthing is still normal)

- Find a place to put the LCD :angel:

A very expensive electrical plug IMO :whistle

Difference between a boy and a man is the cost of the toy increases as they grow older :paiseh::paiseh:

aquatronica7na.gif

Difference between a boy and a man is the cost of the toy increases as they grow older :paiseh::paiseh:

So damn true... and it gets older and older :lol::lol::lol:

Do update us more bro... with pix "lagi best"!!! I am particularly weak in technical stuff lah... so need your backup (and also bro Lyz77).

I'm gonna explore more tonight... wow this TOY is gonna keep me busy for a week at least... and I got a feeling this will be the longest running Product Review of all time :evil::evil::evil:

• SRC Member

• SRC Member
This is my first Aquarium Controller System and it is thrilling... really... although I have no past experience to compare this product with... so far so good  :)  The only complain is... I CAN'T USE MY MAC TO CONTROL/MONITOR THE AQUATRONICA!!!

Oh... although I am not suppose to promote this product commercially... just for those bros and sis who thought I burnt my entire life savings on this TOY... the LFS (you go and find out yourself) is giving a launch promo right now and the starting price for a basic package (which includes almost all of my items) is slightly above 20 pieces of Blue Notes (or 10 Orange Notes, whichever way makes you feel better)  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Actually not too unreachable lah... considering a Louis Vuitton female purse (Made in Spain) could easily costs that much  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  (and they are using pig skin)  :pinch:

WOW! That'll be 250+ pcs of purple notes leh or 166+ Ba Chor Mee. :P:P:P

But definitely a worth buy as it helps to monitor almost all the perimeter w/o you have to buy the thermometer, test kits, DIY water sensor, timer etc. Somemore send you sms.

dogdogsrd20060608_18_Elric%20is%20.png

bunbunsdb20071225_-8_Elroi%20is.png

webster1973%20player%20555.png

take a step back & beware of MURPHY LAW !!!

Thanks for the nice reminder bro... yeah high tech gadgets can still fail... coz just like everything in life... there's no such thing that can guarantees success/normality all the time... but I believe that this little guy can help minimize the chances of disaster happening... or at least when it does happen, we will be alerted (via the aural alert, sms and email) asap.

• SRC Member

Agree with Bro Jervis. Normally, we do not plan to fail, but failed to plan! ;)

We juz need to move one step ahead to plan for any possible disaster that may happen and try to minimize/ recover from it! That's wht I call DISASTER RECOVERY PLAN!!! :evil:

That's wht I call DISASTER RECOVERY PLAN!!! :evil:

But I am confident that if a disaster is to happen... there will be experienced bros and sis able to help... remember my RBTA incident? I received so much support from all the kind bros and sis... now that's something that money can't buy :lol::lol::lol:

However, there are steps that can be taken to avoid disasters lah... for example... a simple fact that Anemones and Streams cannot be best friends ;););)

• SRC Member

It is cool... the thing is this product requires careful calibrating (which I find bearable)... not direct plug-and-play as I come to expect at the beginning... but calibration can be fun too :lol: Now I just need to wait for the Redox Calibration Fluid to come in September <_< Any idea where I can lay my hands on a bottle... somewhere? :P

I have a bottle of ORP calibration solution preset at 475mV which you can have a tiny tweeny little bit since you're providing us a non-biased review of the Aquatronica Controller. ;)

aquatronica7na.gif

People Will Forget What You Said.

People Will Forget What You Did.

But People Will Never Forget,

How You Make Them Feel.

I have a bottle of ORP calibration solution preset at 475mV which you can have a tiny tweeny little bit since you're providing us a non-biased review of the Aquatronica Controller. ;)

Thanks for your offer bro... really appreciate it. But a tiny bit may not be sufficient as I expect at least half of the probe should be submerged into the calibration fluid... if you don't mind... what if I come to your place to calibrate... but then I will have to bring the entire set over (disconnecting all my other probes and plugs)... ;)

Can "someone" send a team of Mission Impossible DHL over to Italy to bring back a bottle of Redox Calibration Fluid? This device will self-destruct in 10 secs... :nuke::nuke::nuke:

Tomorrow OK? .... ;)

Bro Nim75sg you getting a set too? Wow... this is getting so very exciting :lol::lol::lol:

Let's show the Europeans Singapore is a market to reckon with :P:huh::o

• SRC Member

Thanks for your offer bro... really appreciate it. But a tiny bit may not be sufficient as I expect at least half of the probe should be submerged into the calibration fluid... if you don't mind... what if I come to your place to calibrate... but then I will have to bring the entire set over (disconnecting all my other probes and plugs)... ;)

Can "someone" send a team of Mission Impossible DHL over to Italy to bring back a bottle of Redox Calibration Fluid? This device will self-destruct in 10 secs... :nuke::nuke::nuke:

Bring a small bottle and you will have sufficient fluid for calibration courtesy of being a Aquatronica Senior User.

I think you're the person with a friend I met while you're reviewing the product at AM. ;)

aquatronica7na.gif

How You Make Them Feel.

Here's my latest FTV with Aquatronica Control Unit (temporarily) positioned for this photo shoot. I now position my Control Unit at my computer desk so that I can easily monitor it... and yes the Control Unit should stay far away from water :)

I am planning to send this pic together with some others to Aquatronica to be posted in their website:

www.Aquatronica.com --> Gallery section

Do you think this is good enough? :erm:

post-14-1151575423.jpg

• SRC Member

Bro Nim75sg you getting a set too? Wow... this is getting so very exciting :lol::lol::lol:

Let's show the Europeans Singapore is a market to reckon with :P:huh::o

:D:D:D ...you smell a rat here too? :)

aquatronica7na.gif

How You Make Them Feel.

:D:D:D ...you smell a rat here too? :)

Bro you must help us by updating us your progress too... well... perhaps you can test the Redox probe and let us know if we seriously require calibration :lol: For me the Redox reading is not too critical at the moment... guess I can wait until September ;)