Bullet Beckett Skimmer for Sale!

• SRC Member

hi there everyone,

my chiller's pump failed today whilst i was at work, so some of my favourite animals in my tank died when temp reached 34 degrees during the day. i took a cab back from work to change the pump, but by then two acro colonies had rtn-ed, and i found my black cap stuck to my seio upon reaching home in the evening. all in all, a great day...

so well... im downgrading somewhat, and id like to sell my beckett first, as the Rio26 contributes the most heat as i run everything in sump. i dont think ill sell the Rio though, as its been giving me problems by stopping/starting. to run a beckett, its really best you have a proper pressure rated pump. the beckett will really serve you well then.

in its time with me, almost 8 to 9 months now i think, the bullet beckett has been great, whenever my rio pumps were working, giving me alot of wet skimmate, but pls do note i dont recommend running another rio pump on it as the rios are just not reliable enough, and youll waste more money over time when it fails.

if anyone is interested, i will let go of my beckett at $200 without pump. everything i promise is in good condition. pls pm me if youre keen, and the basis of sale will be first come first serve.

thank you very much for reading though my whining. i really feel quite sad this has happened.

ian

• SRC Member
hi there everyone,

my chiller's pump failed today whilst i was at work, so some of my favourite animals in my tank died when temp reached 34 degrees during the day. i took a cab back from work to change the pump, but by then two acro colonies had rtn-ed, and i found my black cap stuck to my seio upon reaching home in the evening. all in all, a great day...

so well... im downgrading somewhat, and id like to sell my beckett first, as the Rio26 contributes the most heat as i run everything in sump. i dont think ill sell the Rio though, as its been giving me problems by stopping/starting. to run a beckett, its really best you have a proper pressure rated pump. the beckett will really serve you well then.

in its time with me, almost 8 to 9 months now i think, the bullet beckett has been great, whenever my rio pumps were working, giving me alot of wet skimmate, but pls do note i dont recommend running another rio pump on it as the rios are just not reliable enough, and youll waste more money over time when it fails.

if anyone is interested, i will let go of my beckett at $200 without pump. everything i promise is in good condition. pls pm me if youre keen, and the basis of sale will be first come first serve.

thank you very much for reading though my whining. i really feel quite sad this has happened.

ian

Oh god Sir what happened?? :blink:

Im so sorry about things man..

u know whos around when u setup ur tank again and need frags uh? :pinch:

Cheers and take care bro! :phone:

post-304-1148825424.gifmadboy.gifmadboy.gifmadboy.gif

That just because someone doesn’t love you the way you want them to,

doesn’t mean they don’t love you with all they have.

• SRC Member

hi there everyone,

thanks for your kind words. bro aquabeanz, thanks for the lovely gesture. i havent taken count of the casualties yet, but 34 degrees for six hours has really done its damage.

i dare not look in the tank as its really damn heart pain. just when i sorted out my algae woes and got the blue milli ive been dreaming of, this has to happen. sigh...

id prefer not to link the photggraph within this thread due to possible sensitivities, so please kindly pm me if youre keen to view the picture.

thank you very much guys for all the help and company youve lent me over the years.

ian

• SRC Member

dear bros dieran_green, tntr2, kennethk, fishtalk1517, aquabeanz, strat and barnacle,

thanks for the condolences and encouragements. its much appreciated.

i sold the beckett this evening, and its been collected already, along with the Rio 26hf. I hope it will serve its new owner as well as it did me when the pump was working. :P

even though i lost six coral colonies in this disaster, along with my black cap, my four favourite acro colonies are still hanging on, and for some reason or other, coralline is taking off in the tank, so i will leave the tank skimmerless for a while as i cant afford another skimmer now, and will see how things go before deciding what to do next.

thanks again all,

ian

• SRC Member

hi there bro dreamscapez,

thanks for the support. will see if i can find a smaller skimmer to fit into my sump without impeding flow, seeing as my blue, purple, and pink millis still seem to be doing well, so will try to hang on.

cheers,

ian

ps: must get back to me about the H&S ah