ATI PowerModul

jervismun

• SRC Member

Hehe... what fixture are you using coz not all ballast can bring out the true potential of the tubes :) If you let me know the model/brand/country of origin, I can check for you if the fixture is compatible to ATI :P

I've bought the Solite T5 fixture, a 4x54w T5 light setup. You think it can be used still with ATI bulbs?

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I've bought the Solite T5 fixture, a 4x54w T5 light setup. You think it can be used still with ATI bulbs?

From what I heard... for sure can use (as in the tubes will work on the Solite fixture)... may not give you 100% performance though... due to many reasons and the ballast is one major factor... reflectors another... still ATI is the best tubes money can buy (IMHO) be it China fixture or German fixture :lol:

Example: Both a Mercedes and a Hyundai will benefit from higher octane petrol compared to lower (cheaper) pertrol... same concept in my opinion.

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

Do you know what eballast is inside ATI PowerModule? Is it OSRAM? ATI shows the internal of another new fixture SunPower which has OSRAM eballast inside. I guess PowerModule may be the same.

Emm... I can check with "someone"... but if I remember correctly... the name doesn't start with an "O" :nc:

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

Thanks for the pix... but as mentioned earlier, if I'm not wrong, the e ballasts used for the PowerModul doesn't start with "O"... too bad I can't rip the thing apart to find out for myself... perhaps any bros out there can try open their PowerModul to share with us a pix or something.

:thanks:

I know I should do it for the sake of the review... but I do not want to risk voiding the warranty or something... you know... "oh you're not suppose to open the unit... blah blah blah" all too familiar... no point arguing later with the distributor :)

• SRC Member

why dont u just phone the lfs taht u bgt frm n ask .. dont think they'll mind sharing the info rite

Main Tank : 48 inch by 36 inch by 28 inch (2 sides starphire glass)
Sump Tank :
Return Pump :
Chiller : Starmax Compressor 1 HP Drop coil
Chiller Return Pump
Protein Skimmer :
Wave Maker :
Fluidised Reactor :

• SRC Member
Hi, are there any power switches on the side of the unit ?

No power switches :nc:

My Hammers/Frogspawns/Octos are blooming as nicely as before :lol:

post-14-1150301644.jpg

• SRC Member
Hi, are you using a combination of Special + Blue tubes ?

Yes 4 Spezial and 2 Blue Plus... thinking of replacing 1 Blue Plus with Actinic when the next shipment arrives... the blue effect is a bit too bright right now :lol:

post-14-1150482049.jpg

None of my corals show sign of "underlighting" or whatsoever... in fact they look healthier than before... thanks to the longer photosynthesis period... previously to control heat (to reduce the burden of my underpowered chiller)... I only on the MH for 6 hours. Now 8 hours.

As mentioned... fishes do display better colouration under this combination of tubes... brilliant colouration found across all fishes... even for my platoon of very plain-looking Dispar Anthias.

Note: My beautiful RBTA commited suicide last 2 days... went into my Stream 6060. The damage to the tank was however, very minimal.

post-14-1150482320.jpg

• SRC Member

Yes 4 Spezial and 2 Blue Plus... thinking of replacing 1 Blue Plus with Actinic when the next shipment arrives... the blue effect is a bit too bright right now :lol:

blue with actinic is definitely much better :lol:

post-14-1150491164.jpg

aquatronica7na.gif

Thanks for sharing bro... :bow: You got the Powermodul (4 tubes)? If not, mind sharing what fixture r u using coz the effect is quite stunning and I can tell that your corals are all looking healthy :)

I like how u make good use of the Tunze Mini too... it is a very versatile little fellow there and I love the extra long cable :lol:

• SRC Member

Oops .. thought I had a view of the tank with 2 blue tubes ..

note with 2 blues .. the blue is 'bluer' :lol: but the entire tank is just too bright ..

with the actinic .. the color is more subdued but the brightness is more manageable ..

Jervis .. I'm using the powermodule 4 tubes .. and I will be converting the ballast later :rolleyes: (ssshhhh .. secret project :yeah:) .. yea .. everything better fall into place by Sept .. :evil::evil:

Yes .. I like the tunze mini .. that area happens to be my deadflow area .. so the mini snugs in nicely .. :lol: I'm going to get another to blow behind the rocks later ..

post-14-1150526930.jpg

aquatronica7na.gif

Jervis .. I'm using the powermodule 4 tubes .. and I will be converting the ballast later :rolleyes: (ssshhhh .. secret project :yeah:) .. yea .. everything better fall into place by Sept .. :evil::evil:

But a ATI Powermodul for upgrading??? Emm... since you are gonna rip it apart... perhaps you can take some photographs of the internal parts... especially the eballast... I'm curious what's inside too... but don't dare to open up the lightset ;)

Been a while since the last time I updated you guys on my corals... basically all my corals seems as happy as ever... as HK Cantonese saying (during 1997) "Dance still Dance, Horse still Race"... the transition been perfect and no casualty... not even a single polyp got affected in any way :lol:

post-14-1150613717.jpg

And the inverts that concerned me most during the downgrading were my Croceas on the sand bed... after more than 1 week under my ATI T5... I am confident they will stay healthy and happy for many months to come :lol:

Placement: Approx. 26.5" from the ATI tubes

post-14-1150613833.jpg

heard that Janet (aquamarin) sold off his last set of the 3ft ATI POWERMOdul

Oh dear... I saw a lot on their shelves the other day leh... probably a lot of people downgrading from MH B)