ATI PowerModul

jervismun

Here's how the entire set of wires/cables/adaptors look like.

The black box on top (quite sleek actually) is the "splitter" (I can't figure out the right term to describe it)... from a single thick wire connecting to the fixture to 3 individual wires (this is a very smart feature as my old Solite has 3 separate cables running straight into the fixture).

The German plug on the right... although very inconvenient... it's somehow reassuring whenever I receive equipments with German plugs :lol::lol::lol:

post-14-1149946086.jpg

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Are you exaggerating or not? unbelievable lor.

Not that I intended to... perhaps I sound too excited... too bad I can't conduct an open house as I am not staying alone... you can drop by a certain LFS to see their 2ft show tank... installed with 2ft 6 tubes Powermodul :lol: Let your eyes judge for themselves :)

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

Updatz for the day... everything seems fine and normal except for my RBTA... moving downwards <_< Seems like it is trying to get less light :unsure:

post-14-1150029367.jpg

Glad someone did a review. I'm sold on the ATI tubes! Gonna use the ATI tubes for my tank.

Hehe... what fixture are you using coz not all ballast can bring out the true potential of the tubes :) If you let me know the model/brand/country of origin, I can check for you if the fixture is compatible to ATI :P

The fans are not as quiet as I've expected them to be... but again... how quiet can 3 CPU fans running full force be? So now, I've adjusted the speed to the second highest instead ;)

A bro PM me to ask if the fans are automatically controlled by heat... well... I sure hope they introduce such feature but that will only bring up the cost I believe... another 10% to 15%? Emm... maybe more :(

On the higher end, they do have a model with built-in computer :heh: but no price indication yet lor... or else I might... :pinch:

post-14-1150039273.jpg

• SRC Member
The fans are not as quiet as I've expected them to be... but again... how quiet can 3 CPU fans running full force be? So now, I've adjusted the speed to the second highest instead ;)

A bro PM me to ask if the fans are automatically controlled by heat... well... I sure hope they introduce such feature but that will only bring up the cost I believe... another 10% to 15%? Emm... maybe more :(

On the higher end, they do have a model with built-in computer :heh: but no price indication yet lor... or else I might... :pinch:

Or else u might put this new set up for cheap sale rite hahahaha maybe 90% discount..... guarantee alot of buayas 'll snap hahhaa

Main Tank : 48 inch by 36 inch by 28 inch (2 sides starphire glass)
Sump Tank :
Return Pump :
Chiller : Starmax Compressor 1 HP Drop coil
Chiller Return Pump
Protein Skimmer :
Wave Maker :
Fluidised Reactor :

Or else u might put this new set up for cheap sale rite hahahaha maybe 90% discount..... guarantee alot of buayas 'll snap hahhaa

90% off? I rather keep it to illuminate my kitchen!!! :yeah::yeah::yeah: Or scrap it for spare parts... I'm sure the Silver coated reflectors can sell well :lol:

That was meant to be a joke ok... I love this fixture and I think I will keep it for my next project even... so now I can only play with a few configurations lor...

1) 3 ft cube x 2ft depth - surely not go deeper than that, dun think the T5 is good for clams on sand bed and I have short hands (use back the old ATI)

2) 6 ft (can get another fixture running side by side)

3) 9ft?!? Crazy horse ah?!?

• SRC Member

go for it my frd a 9 footer will be gorgous

Sump Tank :
Return Pump :
Chiller Return Pump
Protein Skimmer :
Wave Maker :
Fluidised Reactor :

• SRC Member
Hehe... what fixture are you using coz not all ballast can bring out the true potential of the tubes :) If you let me know the model/brand/country of origin, I can check for you if the fixture is compatible to ATI :P

Don't think thats a fair statement to make .. it may not last or quality may not be as good .. but a 200w ballast is a 200w ballast .. if you get my meaning ;)

Anyway .. the lights and the color is definitely good .. now I know why eagle eye zoos are soooo sought after !! :yeah: (my tank that is) :o

Should not have any worries about 2ft deep tank .. as mine is a 2ft and it shines into places where the sun doesn't want to go :lol:

Definitely a $150 3 T5 HO light unit versus this $5xx 4 T5 HO light .. no comparison .. then again I have no comparison .. since I jumped directly to this unit ..

Jervis, here's how my timers setup (maybe can compare notes) until the aquatronica arrives :eyebrow: (yep .. saw your name next to the list!! :lol:)

blue light 7-9am (78w) (abit bright but simulate dawn)

white light 9-8pm (78w) (morning sun)

blue + white from 10 to 6pm (156w) (noon to afternoon)

from 6-8pm white only (78w) (simulate late afternoon)

and from 8-9:30pm blue only (evening to dusk timing)

only problem ?? blue light is too bright .. maybe I change to actinic so it's abit darker ..

unlike you I can't sit by the tank and take picture :P when I can .. I'll snap some picts and show some before and after .. but note its a cheap $150 unit versus a 3x price unit..

right now still working .. eat abit of snake to type this .. :lol:

aquatronica7na.gif

go for it my frd a 9 footer will be gorgous

My tiny study room from wall to wall maybe around 9ft... how to fit the tank?!? Still have cabinet door and so on... :lol::lol::lol: Maybe it will remain a dream to me lor... a 9ft tank!!!

So what kind brand of ballast would u recommend to bring out the potential of the ATI tubes? U think the retrofit unit sold by AM can use the ATI tube to it's full potential?

Hi there... according to certain LFS... the retrofit unit they sell is good enough to bring out the potential of the ATI tubes. However, the e-ballast they use (depending on the price you pay) are still from China (a German brand made in China... just like Teco nowadays). The ATI Powermodul according to sources can easily enhance the ATI tubes intensity to 20% than normal fixture due to the well-tested/highly compatible German e-ballasts and the silver coated reflectors and the design and angle of the reflectors...

I think it is a modest claim coz who can make better fixtures for ATI tubes than ATI? Emm... :lol: (quite controversial a statement! Good example: Apple and its OS... bad example: quite many I think).

Best is to check with the LFS that sold you your retrofit fixture :)

Don't think thats a fair statement to make .. it may not last or quality may not be as good .. but a 200w ballast is a 200w ballast .. if you get my meaning ;)

Jervis, here's how my timers setup (maybe can compare notes) until the aquatronica arrives :eyebrow: (yep .. saw your name next to the list!! :lol:)

blue light 7-9am (78w) (abit bright but simulate dawn)

white light 9-8pm (78w) (morning sun)

blue + white from 10 to 6pm (156w) (noon to afternoon)

from 6-8pm white only (78w) (simulate late afternoon)

and from 8-9:30pm blue only (evening to dusk timing)

only problem ?? blue light is too bright .. maybe I change to actinic so it's abit darker ..

unlike you I can't sit by the tank and take picture :P when I can .. I'll snap some picts and show some before and after .. but note its a cheap $150 unit versus a 3x price unit..

right now still working .. eat abit of snake to type this .. :lol:

Bro I think my previous statement was quite fair lor... you have to agree that the quality of ballasts used will affect tube performance... that's why I said "bring out the TRUE potential of the (ATI) tubes"... I don't suppose a $150 fixture can bring out the true/full potential of the tubes. No hard feelings... in life I suppose not everything must be of true potential...

But since I'm doing a review, I must also make it clear to potential ATI users that the effects you see in my pix (or in my claims) are using ATI tubes on ATI fixtures... according to sources, some guy tried ATI tubes on a China fixture and the performance of the tubes is less than satisfactory... of course the reflectors play a part too :D and not to mention the phsycological part too... how many of us can really tell the level of light brightness with our bare eyes? Some of us can't even see colours correctly :unsure:

Yeah... another Aquatronica user... perhaps we can do a joint review as I am so so new in this kinda high-tech gadget :lol: Emm... how come you see my name ah... how come the certain LFS allow that... that's the problem of using your real name as a nick... I should've call myself ReefBuddy2946 or MarineManiac8247 :lol::lol::lol:

I agree with you... the Blue is too bright. So bright until my corals starting to expand during the BLUE hours... nothing wrong with it I guess... just that we need to adjust a bit. Perhaps you can do a review on Actinic too as I will not be getting it when the next shipment comes in... too lazy to change tubes :lol::lol::lol: and I'm getting used to the brightness.

Any pix that shows before (not nice) after (nice and bright... coral all happy) is relevant to this thread I guess :) But don't post other brands lah... that you will have to start a new thread :P

• SRC Member
Bro I think my previous statement was quite fair lor... you have to agree that the quality of ballasts used will affect tube performance... that's why I said "bring out the TRUE potential of the (ATI) tubes"... I don't suppose a $150 fixture can bring out the true/full potential of the tubes. No hard feelings... in life I suppose not everything must be of true potential...

nah .. not a fair statement .. because it is a sweeping statement that generalises :P .. but shall we leave it as that and agree to disagree ??? (just like I hate german made cars and generalises that these cars are the only ones that you'll see broken at the roadside on the N-S highway and on the roads to Genting :lol::P)

Here's the zoo I'm talking about .. in blue

Oh yah .. you can check my order under "IsawJervisNameinthelist" :lol: :lol:

I was going through the catalog when I happened across those who ordered .. not intentionally mind you :P

post-14-1150117869.jpg

aquatronica7na.gif

• SRC Member

This is a before shot .. the $150 3 tube T5 HO 2x 20k white and 1x Actinic lighting ..

Please don't think this is a miracle wonder thing .. here's a couple of flaws in this lighting

no cooling

combined reflector vs individual reflectors

separate switches but only single plug (like a eunuch .. a man but cannot xxxx :P)

thin acryllic that has already begun to warp

FOR

cheap :P:lol:

it does its job

post-14-1150118392.jpg

aquatronica7na.gif

nah .. not a fair statement .. because it is a sweeping statement that generalises :P .. but shall we leave it as that and agree to disagree ??? (just like I hate german made cars and generalises that these cars are the only ones that you'll see broken at the roadside on the N-S highway and on the roads to Genting :lol::P)

Here's the zoo I'm talking about .. in blue

Oh yah .. you can check my order under "IsawJervisNameinthelist" :lol: :lol:

I was going through the catalog when I happened across those who ordered .. not intentionally mind you :P

Haha... let's put our differences aside... at least we have a common product review to do and welcome abroad :lol::lol::lol: This is so much more fun :)

Wow!!! Extremely beautiful Eagle EYE!!! Perhaps you wanna show us a pix of the same colony using your old Blue tube.

Then show us a FTS with the T5 tubes... don't you just love the Aquablue Spezial colouration?!? It's awesome!!!

So you gonna get the Aquatronica the same time as me? Or earlier?!? :lol::lol::lol:

• SRC Member

this is now in blue .. will snap a pict with all 4 tubes .. but weekends only :D since by the time I reach home .. only the blue will be on..

FOR

WOW factor

Bright individual reflectors

cooling fan (warm to the touch after 10-12 hours) (previous one burning hot after 20mins)

separate plugs allow easy timer controls

AGAINST

Price vs functionality (a light is a light :lol:)

Ceiling mount (mine not mounted correct .. either I move tank or I drill more holes)

Cables (you mentioned it before) but having 1 BIG grey cable into a junction box and then 3 different plugs !! you gotta be kidding me !!! (idea is there but just not efficient or complete in thinking out the packaging)

Redundant polarity switch (let me ephrase .. useless polarity switch) and too big a fan plug

termination of the ceiling wire very unsightly .. again not very well thought out in terms of packaging

so for me it was a upgrade .. and it was worth it (think if I went MH I would have said the same too bad you sold yours !! :lol:)

but compare to equal quality lighting ?? sorry I don't have any other experience with any other good quality T5 HO lightings

Lastly .. for me MNF also .. but I do count beans .. a worth it factor versus functional factor.. for the price it's too expensive for a fishtank light ..but for a NICE fishtank light :yeah: its definitely good !! Hope my frank review doesn't hurt your feelings :angel::peace:

oh yea .. my 500 years ago relative :lol: .. if you're reading this .. sorry .. I'm a practical person .. hope you understand I'm NOT SAYING its not good .. its very good (must highlight !!).. but it just may not be for everyone ..

aquatronica7na.gif

• SRC Member
Haha... let's put our differences aside... at least we have a common product review to do and welcome abroad  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  This is so much more fun  :)

Wow!!! Extremely beautiful Eagle EYE!!! Perhaps you wanna show us a pix of the same colony using your old Blue tube.

Then show us a FTS with the T5 tubes... don't you just love the Aquablue Spezial colouration?!? It's awesome!!!

So you gonna get the Aquatronica the same time as me? Or earlier?!?  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

sorry .. didn't have a before shot of the eagle eye ..

I'll go actinic and let you know the outcome :D

I think most likely you'll get it first as I only verbally confirmed since I nearly got floored by the price when I asked :lol:

I'll be getting the basic like you .. with SG and TEMP but no dosing pumps .. and waiting on the dimmer control.. and whatever future upgrades :D

Editted to add

Paiseh .. found a before under 1actinic and 2 white T5

post-14-1150120451.jpg

aquatronica7na.gif

... hope you understand I'm NOT SAYING its not good .. its very good (must highlight !!).. but it just may not be for everyone ..

Of course it's not for everyone... this is not a mass market product... can never be... will never be... that's what makes owning one kinda special... and worth doing a 50 pages review... don't get me wrong... I am not against mass market product... just that every product cater to a different market segment :)

Ok back to our review... here's a latest FTS from the left side (after a 2 1/2 hours rescaping)... why? Go to my thread and see... 2 words... BIG and MAMA :cry:

post-14-1150121118.jpg

• SRC Member

hahaha i oso hv a big mama in my tank n its a very old tomato clown but i hvnt been able to catch it out yet... just waiting for my new tank to arrive and geuss who won't be invited over hahaha.... big mama up for adoption or fried with eggs haha

Sump Tank :
Return Pump :
Chiller Return Pump
Protein Skimmer :
Wave Maker :
Fluidised Reactor :

hahaha i oso hv a big mama in my tank n its a very old tomato clown but i hvnt been able to catch it out yet... just waiting for my new tank to arrive and geuss who won't be invited over hahaha.... big mama up for adoption or fried with eggs haha

Big Mama been adopted by a kind bro... eww... with eggs? You wanna eat meh?

Ok back to my review... my Croceas on the sand bed (26.5" away from the tubes, yes I measured) are looking healthy... no sign of distress or whatsoever... but will continue to monitor them and once I spotted any abnormal sign... I will update you guys... but personally I don't think there will be any... (being over confident here :pinch: )

post-14-1150128459.jpg