ATI PowerModul

jervismun

Hi guys... finally manage to find a lighting fixture that suits my needs :lol:

In the coming days, I will do a 360ºC review on this product starting with the exterior look of it, then features and of course how my corals/fishes (and chiller) react to it.

Here's a spec of my old lighting fixture:

SOLITE Type 3 (3ft) - sold

2 x 150W MH (BLV Nepturion 14000ºK) - available for sale*

2 x DD Blue+ T5 (39W) - available for sale*

* used for 2 months

Do expect a lot of pictures showing corals' reactions... before (Solite) and after (ATI).

Here's a pix to start this review... featuring the 3 built-in fan... fully controllable :lol: Note: This is the only place the ATI brand appears on the fixture... damn cool B)

post-14-1149851550.jpg

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It comes with highly reflective reflectors coated with silver... you see the very clear reflection of the writings on the tube? Amazing :lol:

post-14-1149853409.jpg

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• SRC Member

gd man ... waiting for yr review...

Main Tank : 48 inch by 36 inch by 28 inch (2 sides starphire glass)
Sump Tank :
Return Pump :
Chiller : Starmax Compressor 1 HP Drop coil
Chiller Return Pump
Protein Skimmer :
Wave Maker :
Fluidised Reactor :

does resemble a MAC G5... :D

You mean this? Yeah they are both made out of the same material... aluminium casing :)

post-14-1149856812.jpg

why do u have all the coolest stuff in the world?!?!?! :eyeblur:

:D:D:D

Err... becoz I have a job and I have $0.00 in my bank? ;)

• SRC Member

sorry for asking, but what do u work as?

seems like ur life only revolves ard reefing and SRC :lol:

Project R.E.

Main Tank: 48" x 18" x 24" 12mm with external overflow piping

Sump Tank: 28" x 14.5" x 12" (3 compartments)

Lightings: T5 HO - Hopar 3* 39w + ATI 2* 54w

Skimmer: Skimz Bullet Beckett

Chiller: Resun CL-650 (28 - 29 °C)

Wavemakers: 2* Seio M620 + 1* Hydor K2 (7100 litre / hr)

Fluidized Reactor: Skimz FR (currently empty)

Pumps: 1x Rio 32HF (Skimmer), 1x Rio 20HF (Return & Chiller)

Filtration: more than 80kg LRs, chaeto

Water Circulation: ~ 4000 litre / hr

Future Plans: additional wavemaker, DIY algae scrubber, DIY overflow box

Previously:

Project R : 36" x 12" x 24" 10mm reef

sorry for asking, but what do u work as?

seems like ur life only revolves ard reefing and SRC  :lol:

I'm a designer and my life is all about making myself happy and right now, reefing and SRC really help me destress and stay passionate about life :lol: I'm considered lucky coz a lot of people out there live life without passion <_<

• SRC Member

yes jervis tahts very impt in life... marine aquaria hv always help me to de-stress and keep cool even during very trying times... hope tis hobby will also help all the bros n sis de-stress as well. I m now trying to get my sec 1 son interested as well as taht was the age when i first got started in the hobby and it has been a very very enjoyable & enriching hobby... bon sante

Sump Tank :
Return Pump :
Chiller Return Pump
Protein Skimmer :
Wave Maker :
Fluidised Reactor :

I m now trying to get my sec 1 son interested as well as taht was the age when i first got started in the hobby and it has been a very very enjoyable & enriching hobby...

Wow! Bro Dazza you been in the hobby for ages... "old kaki" :bow::bow::bow:

Here's how my tank looks like now :lol: The PowerModule is very neatly hung from the ceiling... using 2 very ###### looking stainless steel wire... very elegant and the drilling of my concrete ceiling is definitely worth the efforts... err the installers' efforts :lol::lol::lol:

Oh look at the size of that Bubble!!! Previously I only have 1 giant Hammer... now another giant!!! Emm... I didn't know LPS enjoys T5 as much as MH... if not better :lol:

You may find my next few postings very disturbing... coz after running the ATI tubes for less than 4 hours... the difference is so so obvious... I will start posting before and after effects :) Definitely not for the faint hearted :shock::shock::shock:

post-14-1149861632.jpg

Awesome color contrast this unit can bring...

May I know does it cost u a arm & leg...lol

Not only the corals... my fishes are so much more colourful now!!!

Considering the whole fixture is made in Germany... it's considered cheap compared to a German made MH fixture (which I can't afford for the time being)

Do I sound like I'm advertising for someone... emm... perhaps... but guys do rest assured I will do this review as I am experiencing it... so if there's anything that "sucks" with this product I will definitely reveal :P

Ok here's my first featured coral... my stressed Red Gonio... was stressed by my moving RBTA last weekend... not opening well for the past few days (see pix below)

0906078pd.jpg

Here's how it looks like after 4 hours of ATI :)

0906064um.jpg

I've not done any dosing/feeding/water change whatsoever today... so I am quite confident that the sudden improvement is light driven.

My Pink Gonio (one of my favourites) was not opening for the last 4 days... I did a rescaping and it dropped that night to the sand bed facing down... the pix below was taken yesterday 7.54 (3 hours of MH)... I thought it was not gonna make it :(

0906087hb.jpg

This pix was taken 10.34pm just now (4 hours of ATI)... it's just too amazing lor... but I've not done any water change/dosing/coral feeding today... so the improvements must be light driven.

0906093qq.jpg

Note: All timing is accurate coz my iPhoto will record/display time taken by my Sony digicam.

Ok time to reveal something really UNCOOL about this fixture... one that sorta turn me off (a little)... it's a nice idea to have a single thick wire out instead of 3... but a thick cheap-looking grey wire is quite a bad choice. The location of the outlet is also quite unstrategic so now I have a wire hanging out from the left side of my tank :pinch:

post-14-1149865377.jpg

I dunno how to best describe the sudden expansion of my Bubble... from a Healthy specimen to a Giant specimen... It is way too unbelievable actually... here's a pix (taken 8.52pm just now - 3 hours of ATI)... the Bubble grow so huge (at least 20% larger than normal) evading into my Ferrari Red Mushrooms space... at the time of posting... my Mushrooms are already under stress... I need to act now <_<

It's wonderful but at the same time annoying!!! Coz Giant corals = less room for new corals :pinch::pinch::pinch:

post-14-1149866344.jpg

Is the ballast in-built? Wat is the ballest used for this fixture?

The ballast is in-built. Electonics but I have not open the fixture to check the brand... I got a confirmation that the ballast is definitely German made :) But too bad I can't see inside, they construct the fixture in a way the reflectors (in a single sheet) is actually covering all the internal parts.

• SRC Member

so results better than using the 2 X 150 watts mH?

Sump Tank :
Return Pump :
Chiller Return Pump
Protein Skimmer :
Wave Maker :
Fluidised Reactor :

Found this pix from ATI website (German version :lol: ) Now I know why the main wire is positioned in that manner... actually it looks so good hanging together with the wire lor... emm... maybe I see how I can make mine work :)

post-14-1149868723.jpg

so results better than using the 2 X 150 watts mH?

Wah bro... setting a trap for me ah... if I say yes, I will "kena" shoot upside-down... inside-out... there are a lot of very successful MH users out there leh... nevertheless what we can see with our eyes can be very deceiving... I shall let my corals speak for itself...

For comparison sake:

Old:

Solite Type 03 (3ft) - sit on top of my tank approx. 8cm from water surface

2 x 150W MH BLV Nepturion 14000ºK + 2 x DD Aquablue Plus HO T5 39W

New:

ATI Powermodul (3ft) - hang on top of my tank approx. 10cm from water surface

4 x ATI Aquablue Spezial 39W + 2 x ATI Blue Plus 39W

I think my fishes can also tell the difference... how often do you see an entire fleet of Anthias hide inside a cave? ;)

post-14-1149869154.jpg