ATI PowerModul

jervismun

my tank is around 3ft ht and the lightset is around 7-8 inches above the water

Emm... so you are actually expecting quite a lot from the Powermodul... 3' 8" in total... well just don't place your clams on the sea bed... I placed my 2 Croceas 2' 2" away from the tubes and they look happy to me :D

I guess your chiller must be working like a breeze right now... :lol::lol::lol: At least my Teco RA240 is... this guy is resting 3 times more than it work now... yupe probably run less than 6 hours a day in total :lol:

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

:( Can't wait to collect my 2ft PM 2moro lei :pinch::yeah::lol: !

Hope my 2 clams love the change :angel: . of cos...my finance manageress 2 :whistle ! else :sick: ......chop,chop,chop :cry::(:cry2:

post-1182-049500100201281969137_thumb.gi

Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do. - Goethe

Hehe... your clams will love it... look at mine... shot 2 mins ago :lol:

post-14-1150986076.jpg

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

Hehe... your clams will love it... look at mine... shot 2 mins ago :lol:

:whistle:whistle:whistle si bei swee lei :yeah: , no horse run :upsidedown: !

post-1182-049500100201281969137_thumb.gi

Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do. - Goethe

Time for some update... my Hammer is still looking good... 2 weeks after the downgrade :lol:

post-14-1150988362.jpg

My GSP... growing very rapidly... around 24" away from the tubes :P

post-14-1150988448.jpg

My Green Gonio... finally (after 2 months) opening up more than before... placement wise, this guy is 24" away from the tubes... slightly shadowed by the Hammer/Frogspawn on top B)

post-14-1150988588.jpg

• SRC Member

hmm u guys making me think twice abt getting mh for my tank haha

Main Tank : 48 inch by 36 inch by 28 inch (2 sides starphire glass)
Sump Tank :
Return Pump :
Chiller : Starmax Compressor 1 HP Drop coil
Chiller Return Pump
Protein Skimmer :
Wave Maker :
Fluidised Reactor :

hmm u guys making me think twice abt getting mh for my tank haha

Haha... it's never too late :lol: The next shipment is coming in pretty soon I believe :)

Here's another fine specimen... placed around 12" away from the tubes... this light loving Finger Leather thrives well under the T5s... it's growing especially on the right side (nearer to the Stream 6100) and at the lower portion :rolleyes:

post-14-1150993019.jpg

nice clam! colour effect?

Thanks... you meant colour touch up using photoshop? Nope, no photoshop for pictures for this review thread. Or you meant the colour effect of the combined tubes?

the dimmable power modul only $100+ more :shock::shock::shock:

Really? Emm... let me check with them... perhaps they only have 1 of the ballasts dimmable instead of all 3. I'll get back to you guys ok? If like that I will also upgrade my ballasts lor :lol:

I know... I could've gotten a dimmable version for $200 more... I will drop by AM after work tomorrow to check it out... but got a feeling not all 3 ballasts (for 6 tubes) are dimmable. Probably 1 or the most 2.

Haiz... if only... :( but if their last order is 30 July, got a feeling it may take until end August (if not Sept) to get the thing delivered to our doorstep ;)

Guys for the 6 tubes version, only 1 out of the 3 ballasts is dimmable... I am checking with AM if they can just bring in the original dimmable ballasts for existing ATI users to upgrade :)

Look at it on the bright side... I can upgrade 2 ballasts instead of 1...

Bros and Sis interested, kindly PM me so that I can keep you in the loop. With me alone, I don't think I can get a good deal... but if we bulk order, stand a better chance lah... have to be quick though, we must catch the next shipment or else it will take forever ;)

Thanks bros and sis for your interests... will get back to you soon. Just want to make it clear that I am not ordering on behalf of you guys nor I get anything in return out of this... well... perhaps a stronger negotiating power to get AM to bring in the dimmable ballasts the next time round. Coz I got a feeling if I am the only one... they might not be interested to order 1 piece for me ;)

You guys are still expected to deal with them directly :lol:

I lowered the Powermodul to further close the gap between the tubes and the sand bed... the adjusting mechanism is really easy to use :)

post-14-1151843186.jpg

How many bulbs can you control the on/off independently?

As many as you can fit into a single plug I suppose... I checked the manual and there's no indication of the maximum load (in W) for the Power Unit... so I guess we will have to use it sensibly :lol:

Well if you have say 4 x 400W MH (Total 1000W)... then perhaps a little to much for a single plug to handle... then perhaps you can split it into 2 plugs... synchronizing the on/off together. Since they share the same digital clock, they will on and off in split second accuracy.

NOTE: My previous Aqua Medic Light Computer (1st Channel) supports a maximum of 1000W... so I guess we shouldn't exceed that to any power plug.

• SRC Member

90% off? I rather keep it to illuminate my kitchen!!! :yeah::yeah::yeah: Or scrap it for spare parts... I'm sure the Silver coated reflectors can sell well :lol:

That was meant to be a joke ok... I love this fixture and I think I will keep it for my next project even... so now I can only play with a few configurations lor...

1) 3 ft cube x 2ft depth - surely not go deeper than that, dun think the T5 is good for clams on sand bed and I have short hands (use back the old ATI)

2) 6 ft (can get another fixture running side by side)

3) 9ft?!? Crazy horse ah?!?

well. i am running 1 tube ATI white and 1 tube aqualight blue. and my clam is on the ground. and my lights are 2.3 ft off from the clam. lets hope nothing will happen to the clam. given the fact i wun be at home for the nxt 2 weeks to witness any change.

Only 2 tubes? Emm... with that kinda depth (2.3ft) it can be too much to ask for any 2 nos. of HO T5 to perform... I'm sure the clam will survive the 2 weeks... but beyong that? Do keep us update on the well-being of your clam ok? Perhaps 2 tubes is all it takes :lol:

• 3 weeks later...

Bro Colinsoon... how's your clams? Are they doing fine?

As for my tank... finally sold my Hammer as it has outgrown my tank (within 4 months)... introduced more light-loving corals to my tank... I'm sure this will put the ATI to the test!

Updatez soon :)