Quiet chiller

accurist

i've been running my tank now for about 7 months without a chiller, as you can imagine its very hard and expensive to keep the water temp stable. My monthly electric bills are $500.

The reason i've put off getting a chiller is because of noise, the tank is in the living room and there is no way to 'plum' the chiller outside of the room.

What is the quietest (read: silent) chiller on the market for a 600 litre tank?

:thanks:

• SRC Member
i've been running my tank now for about 7 months without a chiller, as you can imagine its very hard and expensive to keep the water temp stable. My monthly electric bills are $500.

The reason i've put off getting a chiller is because of noise, the tank is in the living room and there is no way to 'plum' the chiller outside of the room.

What is the quietest (read: silent) chiller on the market for a 600 litre tank?

:thanks:

Wow... u stay in private property, $500 electrical bill!!! .....

Artica shd be the queitest chiller in the mkt!

Artica

i second artica. quiet chiller.

300 Gallon Reef Paradise

6X2.5X2.5 FT Tank : 4x2x2 ft sump : 2x1x2 ft refugim

Skimmer: Deltec AP851

Calcium Reactor:

Lightings: Aqualight T5 Retrofit, 150 watt MH X2

Chiller: Hailea HC-500A model w/ Aquabee 2000

Ozonizer: Hailea HLO-300 Digital ozonizer

Wavemaker: Tunze 6080, Tunze 6060

Return Pumps: Aquabee 5000 x2

Other equipments: Aquabee 2000, Quietone 1200, 5L Co2 Cylinder w/ Dupla regulator

American Marine Wireless Thermometer

Reefing is a dedication, not a competition.

As I live in Thailand, avaliablity is my main concern, with 12,000 THB electric bills i think it will pay for itself quickly. www.junglereef.com don't stock them and I haven't seen in my LFS in BKK. What about Hailea? how do you rate them?

I'll get some prices from the Singapore LFS including P & P, do you think I could carry a Artica back on the plane? What size would you recommend for a 500L tank with 100 litre sump?

• 2 weeks later...
  • SRC Member
As I live in Thailand, avaliablity is my main concern, with 12,000 THB electric bills i think it will pay for itself quickly. www.junglereef.com don't stock them and I haven't seen in my LFS in BKK. What about Hailea? how do you rate them?

I'll get some prices from the Singapore LFS including P & P, do you think I could carry a Artica back on the plane? What size would you recommend for a 500L tank with 100 litre sump?

I believe some sponsor here is willing to ship the product to you. :lol:

Yes Arctica... my next upgrade! Seems that Thailand's energy bill is much higher than here... oh dear... you must choose wisely bro... do look for an energy efficient unit.

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• SRC Member

hihi i just bgt the artica after reading n researching hi n low for a longtime... and i must say very gd n silent... i need the silence cos my tank is in living rm

Main Tank : 48 inch by 36 inch by 28 inch (2 sides starphire glass)
Sump Tank :
Return Pump :
Chiller : Starmax Compressor 1 HP Drop coil
Chiller Return Pump
Protein Skimmer :
Wave Maker :
Fluidised Reactor :

Hi accurist,

You wouldn't regret if you buy Arctica chiller :evil: !

Currently, I'm using DB200....mmmm very quiet :yeah: !

cheers. :lol:

post-1182-049500100201281969137_thumb.gi

Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do. - Goethe

I have just got back from a business trip, my friend has turned off the aircon, tank temp is currently 32 :cry2:

On top of that the aircon doesnt seem to be cooling properly, need a chiller fast. might have to go the Haliea route, just because I havent got time to get a chiller shipped from Singapore

Bought an Arctica yesterday!!! LOVE IT!!! You wil never regret owning one :lol::lol::lol:

You can go visit my Product Review of this product.

And 32ºC is bad... especially for corals :(

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica