REEF NUTRITION™

jervismun

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm, looks like the result are positive. Thanks for the review! :)

No prob... to stretch the review further... I am going to feed my corals one more round of Roti-Feast™ tonight... see if they will bloom more tomorrow :lol::lol::lol: My poor Turboflotor ;)

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

Thanks for the review, bro! I am actually thinking of trying out the Arti-pods ... perhaps my mandarins will take them.

Btw, not aware that there is any frozen phyto around ... thought usually, phyto just need to be refrigerated?

Specs

Return pump: 2 x Eheim 1260 (with 1 pumped to chiller before returning to main)
Chiller: Hailea HC-500A (1/2 hp)
Skimmer: Deltec SC2060
Lightings: 8 x 24W ATI Sunpower T5 fixture
Wavemakers: Vortech MP40, MP10, Tunze nanostream 6045
Additives: TLF C-balance (2 parts Ca and Alk) via Kamoer 3 channel dosing pump; Polyp-lab Reef Resh; FM color elements

Btw, not aware that there is any frozen phyto around ... thought usually, phyto just need to be refrigerated?

The one I bought when I first started came frozen (bought it at RB) They took it out from their freezer. It's so so inconvenient... so I stopped using it already. Perhaps I should throw it away ;)

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

The one I bought when I first started came frozen (bought it at RB) They took it out from their freezer. It's so so inconvenient... so I stopped using it already. Perhaps I should throw it away ;)

Oh I see. Prefer the live phytoplankton like DT or Aquatim, where they need to be refrigerated.

Specs

Return pump: 2 x Eheim 1260 (with 1 pumped to chiller before returning to main)
Chiller: Hailea HC-500A (1/2 hp)
Skimmer: Deltec SC2060
Lightings: 8 x 24W ATI Sunpower T5 fixture
Wavemakers: Vortech MP40, MP10, Tunze nanostream 6045
Additives: TLF C-balance (2 parts Ca and Alk) via Kamoer 3 channel dosing pump; Polyp-lab Reef Resh; FM color elements

• SRC Member

Oh I see. Prefer the live phytoplankton like DT or Aquatim, where they need to be refrigerated.

My new pair of SH bought from ah beng last week refuse to eat anything but react to artipod immediately I throw in today! Thanks Janet. Excellent product you are bringing in.

My Dispars caught in a feeding frenzy... you see how skinny they are? I've been feeding them with all sorts of food... they only eat occasionally... sometime spit out the pellets and brine shrimps... very worrying actually coz my goal is to keep all 10 of them alive... they've been with more for almost a month now :D Still 10 out of 10.

Now I only rely on Arcti-Pods™ to feed my Anthias... I will feed all my other giants with pellets first... :lol::lol::lol: Tonight, I added a few drops of Garlic Guard to further wet their appetite... let's hope that these little creatures from the Arctic Ocean can help keep my Anthias back in shape :)

I'm glad I tried it... or else... dun think my Anthias can last lor... look at their skinny bodies :cry::cry::cry:

post-14-1151068418.jpg

• SRC Member
My Dispars caught in a feeding frenzy... you see how skinny they are? I've been feeding them with all sorts of food... they only eat occasionally... sometime spit out the pellets and brine shrimps... very worrying actually coz my goal is to keep all 10 of them alive... they've been with more for almost a month now :D Still 10 out of 10.

Now I only rely on Arcti-Pods™ to feed my Anthias... I will feed all my other giants with pellets first... :lol::lol::lol: Tonight, I added a few drops of Garlic Guard to further wet their appetite... let's hope that these little creatures from the Arctic Ocean can help keep my Anthias back in shape :)

I'm glad I tried it... or else... dun think my Anthias can last lor... look at their skinny bodies :cry::cry::cry:

Maybe u wanna try bbs occasionaly too as I notice all my anthias including purple go crazy when I pour in the bbs! :lol:

What's bbs? Baby Brine Shrimps? ;) I do occasionally feed them live brine shrimps but getting them can be a problem for me coz everytime I walk into a LFS... I'll end up with more than a bag of LBS :erm:

• SRC Member
was there this afternoon but the last bottle was reserved for "stanley".

wau lau damn fast! Must be damn good... :rolleyes:

Wow..

dont mention name here pls... :P

But yesterday still saw afew bottles. Now all gone?

Amazing. :blink:

But heard they are coming next week. :)

• SRC Member

DT and Aquatim are phytoplankton.

Roti feast and acrtipod are zooplankton and most sps actually feed on zooplankton only.

Do sps take acrtipod too? I thought they only take Rotifeast. :o

Oh dear... so fast? I hope the next shipment is large enough to support all of us :o

Need to report this to you guys... 1 thing I dislike about the Arcti-Pods™ is the fact that they are too lightweight. So everytime I feed my fishies, about 20% of them will end up floating on the water surface. Not all my fishies surface feed and a portion of the floating pods will end up in the cotton wool ;)

• SRC Member
Need to report this to you guys... 1 thing I dislike about the Arcti-Pods™ is the fact that they are too lightweight. So everytime I feed my fishies, about 20% of them will end up floating on the water surface. Not all my fishies surface feed and a portion of the floating pods will end up in the cotton wool ;)

Use a bowl to scoop some water from your tank, drop arcti pod in the bowl then pour the whole bowl back to your tank. This solve your problem.

The only thing I dislike about it is its too delicious for my seahorse that they never stop eating it and means my pocket is going to burn hole <_<

:lol::lol::lol:

Use a bowl to scoop some water from your tank, drop arcti pod in the bowl then pour the whole bowl back to your tank. This solve your problem.

I did use a small cup to mix before pouring into the tank... they still floats ;) How long do you think a bottle can last us? I hope I don't have to buy this too often... as the stocks can be very limited also :nc:

• SRC Member
Need to report this to you guys... 1 thing I dislike about the Arcti-Pods™ is the fact that they are too lightweight. So everytime I feed my fishies, about 20% of them will end up floating on the water surface. Not all my fishies surface feed and a portion of the floating pods will end up in the cotton wool  ;)

Off all pumps when you feed then.

Can I buy 5ml from you to feed my pipefish?

dogdogsrd20060608_18_Elric%20is%20.png

bunbunsdb20071225_-8_Elroi%20is.png

webster1973%20player%20555.png