CAlcium still low

• SRC Member

the most economical and efficient way to boost low calcium and magnesium levels is to do a water change with salt containing the proper parameters.

it would help if you can test your mg levels, the mg will enable the calcium to stay in a higher concentration in the water, meaning to say if your mg is v low your calcium will also be proportionately as low.

yah for reef tank with calcifying corals not only do you need to watch your calcium levels you would need to watch your alkalinity (measured by carbonate hardness) also; reef builder by seachem is a good alkalinity buffer.

maybe you can share with us what is the size of your tank

what corals you are keeping

coraline algae growth ?

how old is your test kit, there should be an expiry date on the box, if not then it is probably very old already, and should be replaced.

i guess you should be aiming at around 380-450 ?

tropic marine calcium no doubt is good, but i would say that jireh reef max is more value for money and the dissolvability is very good, tropic marine at times will cloud the water, maybe you can consider.

^_^

yes tropic marine always cloud my tank when use

mabe should consider others..jirah's perhaps

My test kit just boughr 2 weeks ago but just to confirm to salifert user test kit

my calcium 3 solution is blue in colour , if I am not wrong it is clear right?

Perhaps the calcium 3 is contimanated...can anyone verified this :blink: