Where to get cheap Fans

The danger of using a AC fan is that it use a 240 voltage and if u

place over a saltwater tank...there will be salt sticking on the fan

include the outer wire and as time go ...the wire corrode and live wire is expose...and the worst if it drop into the water...

But IMO if wat to use a AC fan must clean once a while...Yah it true that

AC fan are powerful then DC....

Chanbi ..wat brand of AC fan u using..I bought mine from SLT Japan Brand at 20 bucks...and one Taiwan Brand at 16 bucks..but the japan one r better...quiet and powerful...

Rdgs

:P

• SRC Member

interms of conviniency, AC fan is more convinient because you don't need to get another AC to DC converter..... but as what the rest of the member here suggest, AC is a bit dangerous if the fan drop into your tank... your fish won't die immeadiately because the power will tripped... if you are not at home for more than 1 day.... then it could be a problem.... just imagine, no pump, no fan..... you must make sure your fan is firmly attached to a secure place....

I'm using TOYO fan. It is from japan and it is more powerful than some of the Taiwanese made. As for the 3 fans that i'm using, i did a DIY to hold them together in a row (i learnt this from a fish shop that i saw) using those "telephone casing" to form a frame. It is very well secure so should not have a chance to drop into the tank.

QiXian, Sim Lim is near Jalan Besar or maybe Bugis Square sound more familiar to u? Pls let me know if u need more direction.

• SRC Member
I'm using TOYO fan. It is from japan and it is more powerful than some of the Taiwanese made. As for the 3 fans that i'm using, i did a DIY to hold them together in a row (i learnt this from a fish shop that i saw) using those "telephone casing" to form a frame. It is very well secure so should not have a chance to drop into the tank.

QiXian, Sim Lim is near Jalan Besar or maybe Bugis Square sound more familiar to u? Pls let me know if u need more direction.

Okay, thanks. I think I should be able to find it.

• SRC Member

I bought mine from Sim Lim as well. AC Fan for S$3.50 and the AC Adaptor (1000Amp) for S$6.50. Smaller Amp will do but I thought getting a bigger capacity adaptor will last longer. I tie the fan to a acylic sheet and heat bend it to the desired angle. To be safe, I screwed the acrylic sheet to my tank hood.

post-6-1033397265.jpg

I want to buy a fan for my 2ft tank but I dunno where to get one, and I'm not willing to spend $40 on the one that is usually sold at pet stores. Anyone saw cheaper ones for sale, or know any good hardware shops that I can find a good one cheaply?

Most electrical shops would sell the computer fan types and I actually have an unused one with a plug attached. You can have it for just $10 becasue I am now using a chiller to cool my 3 footer marine reef tank. Interested? Send me a msg.