Jervis' Percula 90

jervismun

What U got there is a cleaner shrimp shell and a majano get rid of the majano bro.

I got 4 of Majanos in my tank actually... emm... I will try to kill it using hot mix of Kalkwasser this weekend. Such a waste... they are quite pretty ;)

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member

Sorry bro jevis, borrow your thread for a while.. need to ask bro happy something :paiseh:

Bro happy, I find that the lid is quite tight to twist and turn. Not sure if it is due to pressure build-up in the CR, or the o-ring which prevent leakage that increase the friction. I'm not very strong leh, any tricks to open it easily? :P

:rolleyes: Just quoting an advise from another full deltec user:

Apply lubricating silicon gel on the o-ring before twisting to close the lid during the first use.

The silicon gel is the type used for diving and is available from diving accessory shop.

You may want to check with those SRC diver on where to get the gel. :thanks:

• SRC Member
:rolleyes: Just quoting an advise from another full deltec user:

Apply lubricating silicon gel on the o-ring before twisting to close the lid during the first use.

The silicon gel is the type used for diving and is available from diving accessory shop.

You may want to check with those SRC diver on where to get the gel. :thanks:

I use those grease that I use for my fishing reels. Doesn't cost you much, abt $5/- and it's salt water resistance.

dogdogsrd20060608_18_Elric%20is%20.png

bunbunsdb20071225_-8_Elroi%20is.png

webster1973%20player%20555.png

Something interesting to read from Deltec's website:

Phosphate removal on a grand scale

Until recently a lake in Berlin had been suffering an unwanted algae bloom due to an increasing phosphate concentration. The 700m x 100m Lake Plötzensee is popular with bathers and also for fishing and other forms of recreation and it was important that any method used to solve the problem didn’t interfere with the natural ecosystem of the lake.

A filter plant has now been added to the lake which includes sand filters and a filter containing 9m3 of Rowaphos. The water flow to the filter is 100m3 per hour, so the total volume of the lake is filtered 3-4 times a year.

Tests have found that this method has greatly reduced the phosphate levels while the depth of visibility in the lake is increasing. The bather are happier too...

As published in Practical Fishkeeping Issue 9/September 2001

post-34-1151976474.jpg

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

Time to chg to the Arctica Chiller! :lol:

Yeah right... an Arctica to complete my list... :nc:

I use those grease that I use for my fishing reels. Doesn't cost you much, abt $5/- and it's salt water resistance.

Thanks bro... I will check with RD what's the best lubricant to apply to the ring... em... could it be something I already owned inside one of my bedroom drawers? :lol::lol::lol:

• SRC Member

Bro, yr tank getting better and better :lol:

Can check with u, yr husbandry... like how often u change yr water and how much water u change each time? U are using Tropic Marin Pro Reef Salt right??

Thanks for yr info in advance... i thought of cutting down frequent water change for my small 2 feet system... but guess very difficult as i think my bioload too high liao.. :(

Bro, yr tank getting better and better :lol:

Can check with u, yr husbandry... like how often u change yr water and how much water u change each time? U are using Tropic Marin Pro Reef Salt right??

Thanks for yr info in advance... i thought of cutting down frequent water change for my small 2 feet system... but guess very difficult as i think my bioload too high liao.. :(

Hehe... thanks!

Well... my tank is way too "young" to be able to give you a clear indication... due to my Anemone incident, I've changed water much more frequent lately... what I'm planning to do now is to change 10% water every 2 weeks. I'm using Marine Environment and Aqua Medic Reefsalt.

How often do you change now? I think once a month is not very advisable for small tanks like us... unless we have top-notch equipments :erm:

• SRC Member

Hehe... thanks!

Well... my tank is way too "young" to be able to give you a clear indication... due to my Anemone incident, I've changed water much more frequent lately... what I'm planning to do now is to change 10% water every 2 weeks. I'm using Marine Environment and Aqua Medic Reefsalt.

How often do you change now? I think once a month is not very advisable for small tanks like us... unless we have top-notch equipments :erm:

bro jerv. u saying that u dont have any top notch equipment fer your tank?

tunze. coming artica chiller. aquatronic computer. wah... still not top notch enough?

u see my close down tank la. not even a notch.

• SRC Member

Thanks bro... I will check with RD what's the best lubricant to apply to the ring... em... could it be something I already owned inside one of my bedroom drawers? :lol::lol::lol:

In your drawer? Vaseline petroleum jelly?

Thanks bro happy, maybe I'll check out some dive shop, fishing shop and RD to see they have any. :lol: Lots of shopping for some lubricant..

Hehe... thanks!

hey, i am using the marine environment salt too.

i think it is one of the better salt around .

just that the storage a bit troublesome as it does not come with bucket or ziplock.

bought the 20kg version and put in my tub.

i dun change water as often as before now.

but my testkit still assure mi that my tank is okie.

:)

2x1.5x1.5 tank

Lighting: AI hydra 52HD

Skimmer: Deltec SC 1455

Reactor: Minimax; rowaphos

Skimz  ; NP biopellets

Wave Maker: MP 40 WQD

Return pump: Eheim 1262

Chiller: Arctica 1/10 hp

A righteous man cares for the needs of his animal, but the kindest acts of the wicked are cruel -- Proverbs 12:10

bro jerv. u saying that u dont have any top notch equipment fer your tank?

tunze. coming artica chiller. aquatronic computer. wah... still not top notch enough?

u see my close down tank la. not even a notch.

Haha... I was comparing to those huge huge SPS tanks around... they don't change water that often I believe... but for my setup... I don't think I can stretch my water change too long... can see the clarity of the water somehow lost ;) So for me... twice monthly is already very acceptable :lol:

In your drawer? Vaseline petroleum jelly?

Haha... Vaseline so old fashion... use K-W Jello lah :lol::lol::lol:

• SRC Member

Yes, twice monthly 10% water change is bare minimum for normal tank. Remember, with top notch equipment doesnt means you can slack behind your good reefing husbandry. For me i do a 3-5% water change weekly which is best i can accomodate. ;)

Yes, twice monthly 10% water change is bare minimum for normal tank. Remember, with top notch equipment doesnt means you can slack behind your good reefing husbandry. For me i do a 3-5% water change weekly which is best i can accomodate. ;)

Thanks bro for your advice... I think if we really wanna slack and relax... then have to be very conservative when it comes to stocking LS... but most of us tend to squeeze in as many as we could :lol::lol::lol: I am still trying to make more room ;)

Reminder to all winners... pls PM me your mailing address and full name... so far I only received one leh... my figurines too cheapo is it? ;)

Bad news... was at RD just now... may have to plan further before buying the Deltec CR coz without a sump... I have difficulty finding the right spot for the CR. Originally planned to put it inside the small cabinet beneath my tank... then realized that the flow may not be strong enough to create enough pressure the push the water back to the main tank... and the smallest model is not really a hang-on unit :( Might drop by IKEA this weekend and try to find a narrow and tall stool-like table to place the CR same level as my main tank... just like my NR :nc:

• SRC Member
Bad news... was at RD just now... may have to plan further before buying the Deltec CR coz without a sump... I have difficulty finding the right spot for the CR. Originally planned to put it inside the small cabinet beneath my tank... then realized that the flow may not be strong enough to create enough pressure the push the water back to the main tank... and the smallest model is not really a hang-on unit :( Might drop by IKEA this weekend and try to find a narrow and tall stool-like table to place the CR same level as my main tank... just like my NR :nc:

Bro, let me know how you do it, cos I oso do not have sump and having headache trying to implement FR and maybe CR as well!!! :P:)

Bro, let me know how you do it, cos I oso do not have sump and having headache trying to implement FR and maybe CR as well!!! :P:)

That's the price to pay to be "different" :erm::unsure:<_<

Check this out bros... :paiseh:

post-34-1152060646.jpg

Wah so cool :yeah: ....is there more photos or just the 5?

I only sent them 5 coz the rest also around 4 to 5 pix... so :paiseh: to send too many :lol: