Jervis' Percula 90

jervismun

Wow... things are really growing in my tank... you see the new Xenia branch? And also some new polyps forming at the base of the colony... a few other polyps also spotted on my LR... one on my Croceas shell ;)

post-34-1154181461.jpg

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

your tank is super natural. very strange things growing in your tank and your shrimp decided to commit suicide.

a pick of the pink looking thing growing under xenia leh.

Pink thing growing under my Xenia? Emm... you referring to those Pink Sponge looking thing I posted last time? The WHITE tubes are off now... let me try to capture them under the Actinic/Blue :lol:

Yalor... supernatural... can you guys still remember that translucent white spongy looking snail? It is still inside my tank... only can be seen very early morning when lights are off ;)

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

Here's the first pix of my Supernatural Series inspired by bro Godzillaliu88 :lol:

The Pink Sponge is not as visible as before as most of my rocks are covered with coralline... thanks to AragaMilk (I suppose) :)

post-34-1154186266.jpg

Macroalgae... growing so rapidly... they were not there 3 weeks ago... supernatural growth speed :shock::shock::shock:

Can any kind bro help ID it?

post-34-1154186498.jpg

Another supernatural shot... except for the Tonga Pink Zoas... everything else are hitchikers... (including the SixLine... well ok I bought it for $4 ;) )

The Tonga Pink Zoas colony is quite supernatural in itself... this is actually a frag of a larger colony... this frag (at mid level) opens 50% larger than the larger colony (placed on the sand bed)... I am still trying to figure out the reason... could it be something to do with the lighting?

post-34-1154186906.jpg

• SRC Member
Haha... tempt you? If you want a glass of that... surely... just drop by my place lor :lol::lol::lol:

mix with some nice coffe liquer ... who noes ... u might just create a award winning drink...! :lol:

mix with some nice coffe liquer ... who noes ... u might just create a award winning drink...! :lol:

Hahaha... ice blended? Yeah an award winning drink fit for an UNDEAD :lol::lol::lol: (oops... I've revealed my second hobby... World of Warcraft) :lol::lol::lol:

wow whole thing coraline liao ah.

I know... it all happens so rapidly within these 2 - 3 weeks... must be the Caribsea AragaMilk, Caribsea PurpleUp and ATI Actinic Blue T5 tube :lol:

• SRC Member

:o Really admire your phototaking skill. All the pics are so nice and sharp.

I can never take this kind of pics. :(

The algae is a pest, try to pull off as much as possible, but don't let the parts and bits drift to other parts of the tank. Do it during water change and can siphon off when plucking them. Next if possible, cover the remaining with epoxy to kill them off completely.

This may sound drastic measure but it's always good to remove all pest algae in its early stage.

Just my suggestion. ;)

Dude, care to post a pic of the product (duno wad purple up----- Argamilk) :erm: haha, And where u got it.

Thanks..

Bro as requested... you can find it at RD... you can also try the more economical version in powder form :lol:

post-34-1154440590.jpg

Beautiful :paiseh::paiseh::paiseh:

I moved my Red Rubies to mid level (previously on sad bed, constantly disturbed by my giant Algae Blenny) and the polyps open so huge!!! The largest polyp is just slightly smaller than a 50cents coin!!! Amazing :shock:

post-34-1154440713.jpg

Adjusted the air valve to "2-clock" but still skimming quite wet... almost half a cup in 24 hours... will show you guys the quality of the skimmate later...

post-34-1154442080.jpg

bro your rubies are :yeah::yeah::yeah: haha.. i never had success in zoos ... dunno why ..

I also heard some bros having the same difficulties with Zoos... could it be the lighting? Coz I heard Zoos are pretty sensitive to UV and MH does emit UVs more than T5, for example... or perhaps your water too clean liao :P

• SRC Member

if water with cyanobloom is clean .... your tank must contain water that immortals drink!! haha ... guess i'll never know ... no corals for me anymore ... a few more sales to go and my tank is decommed. although i can but some zoos into my frogfish tank :ph34r::fear:

if water with cyanobloom is clean .... your tank must contain water that immortals drink!! haha ... guess i'll never know ... no corals for me anymore ... a few more sales to go and my tank is decommed. although i can but some zoos into my frogfish tank :ph34r::fear:

Huh you are decomming your main tank? So what will happen next? Frogfish tank doesn't sound very big to me... :erm:

Your water clean coz all your Cyano and algae consume all the nutrients mah... so your Zoos starve to death lor... hahaha... what kinda theory is that :lol: And yes, my tank water only immortals can drink... no (sane) mortals will drink saltwater :lol::lol::lol:

• SRC Member
Macroalgae... growing so rapidly... they were not there 3 weeks ago... supernatural growth speed :shock::shock::shock:

Can any kind bro help ID it?

this is a type of caulerpa ..

i experienced that in my tank, and caused me to throw away the all the LR :P

they are a real nuisance. dun try to plug them, or else they will be spreading all over ur tank .

anyway bring down ur no3 n po4.

>>

• SRC Member

my froggie tank only 5 US gallons.... im upgrading to a 5ft FOWLR rmbr ? its sitting in my living room now... with tons of work to do... and i keep procrastinating... haha ... having a rough patch lately ..