adding lr & sand

• SRC Member

hi, there guys & girls.Me just wondering is it ok to add lr & sand after the cycling period?cause the lr & sand went thru the cycling period ,due to some inspiration i got on these forum want to restack my lr and add dsb into my tank.do i need the lr to be cured ones?what about the sand?

thanks

• SRC Member

Any livestock already in the tank?

post-36-1093875548.jpg

Warning: Heavy handed moderator in operation. Threads and post are liable to be deleted or moved without prior notification.

Moderator's prerogative will be enforced.

Any grievances or complains should be addressed to The Administrator.

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/uploads/post-36-1073276974.gif post-36-1073276974.gif

• SRC Member

Sand shouldn't be a problem except that i will cause some temporary cloudiness. Rocks must be added slowly and they should be cured outside the tank as the die-offs can cause a ammonia spike. Add one piece per week and monitor ammonia and nitrite closely.

post-36-1093875548.jpg

Warning: Heavy handed moderator in operation. Threads and post are liable to be deleted or moved without prior notification.

Moderator's prerogative will be enforced.

Any grievances or complains should be addressed to The Administrator.

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/uploads/post-36-1073276974.gif post-36-1073276974.gif

• SRC Member

even if buying cured LR its always better to cure it again for at least 2 weeks ... in a separate container and then transfer a rock per week to the main tank...

if u r really impatient, u can put it in one shot and pray for the best..

any way damsel are really devils!!!

i dont care even if they die!!!

but i hope ur soft coral wont!! :evil: