Might Sell my coraline encrusted LR separately

Seng

• SRC Member

Hi everyone,

since selling off my LR in one go is difficult, in anycase, willing to let go all at $200.

Else, will be selling separately,

Do note that will be selling at a premium for coraline encrusted rocks, cos base rocks are mainly white anyway.

For coraline encrusted tonga branch = $15 - 25

For coraline 'coral' rock = $10-15

For pieces of previously broken off coraline algae/ on the overflow pipe = $2 / 2 in. length.

For every purchase of coraline encrusted rock as stated above, will top up with non encrusted ones to 1 kg to the best of my ability. This is to ensure that i sell off as much rocks as possible.

Would be 1st come 1st serve, pricing is negotiable with 'bulk' purchase, though do note that choosing of non-encrusted rocks is done by me.

My decision for the pricing is final. =)

For fellow reefers who are interested, pls list your names below:

If response is good, there will be a open house on this coming Sat. Time will be confirmed later if there is sufficient response

Thank you.

For those who had reserved the live stock and equipment, collection would be possible on Sun. Thank you for your understanding. =)

• SRC Member

The right side of the tank .... the rocks with coraline are some tonga and flat pieces for the cave, also have skeletons of SPS now coraline encrusted.

The SEIO 1100 is also there, also coraline encrusted.

post-10-1152432426.jpg

• SRC Member

Hi, I'm quite interested in LR also no problems purchase in bulk.

But still need to view if possible.

Hopefully, can request for further discount as I'm a very budgeted and new reefer. Pls. do consider my proposal.

• SRC Member
Hi everyone,

since selling off my LR in one go is difficult, in anycase, willing to let go all at $200.

Else, will be selling separately,

Do note that will be selling at a premium for coraline encrusted rocks, cos base rocks are mainly white anyway.

For coraline encrusted tonga branch = $15 - 25

For coraline 'coral' rock = $10-15

For pieces of previously broken off coraline algae/ on the overflow pipe = $2 / 2 in. length.

For every purchase of coraline encrusted rock as stated above, will top up with non encrusted ones to 1 kg to the best of my ability. This is to ensure that i sell off as much rocks as possible.

Would be 1st come 1st serve, pricing is negotiable with 'bulk' purchase, though do note that choosing of non-encrusted rocks is done by me.

My decision for the pricing is final. =)

For fellow reefers who are interested, pls list your names below:

If response is good, there will be a open house on this coming Sat. Time will be confirmed later if there is sufficient response

Thank you.

For those who had reserved the live stock and equipment, collection would be possible on Sun. Thank you for your understanding. =)

Hi

Interested with Tonga. Can get 2 pieces for you?

Thanks

• SRC Member

Hi everyone,

Had a few PMs and questions....

To answer some, i find that there are enough replies for an open house this sat, but will be on a first come first serve basis.

For the tonga branches, will be $15 - 25 per branch, will top up till 1 kg with other rocks if need be, and if i have enough rocks. (The largest is more than 1 kg if i remember correctly.)

For the coraline encrusted rocks, $10 - 15 per rock, topping up till 1 kg with other rocks when available rocks are present.

My main aim is not to profit from the sales, but to at least break even the cost of the LR, as of now, i still dunno if can break even. =P

For those who need to 'seed' your tank with the coraline algae, selling at least 2in. of coraline algae (without rocks, they broke off from the rocks but continued to grow on the sand bed) @ $2.

If you just need break away pieces of coraline algae, can PM me liao, they are available.

Pls bring your own containers for the rocks and if possible, some seawater too if u intend to buy quite a few pieces of coraline encrusted rocks.

DO note that if the coraline algae is exposed for too long, it will turn white. So will try to give packet the rock with seawater, but i have limited amount in my tank.

• SRC Member

For those who wondered why my coraline algae growth is so nice...

Firstly, i bought the rocks from a fellow reefer who had them for like...4 years. with some coraline growth.

After 8 months of cycling in my present tank, I used 4*PL b4 moving on to 4*T5(3 @ 10k, 1 antinic blue).

If there is a secret, it MAY be the salt i using as i only dosed Reef builder more often to up my kH. The calcium in my tank is quite high due to the salt i using.

The other thing is circulation. Presently have 2 powerheads, 1 SEIO 110 and 1 SEIO 820. Previously have using SEIO 820 = some growth. With both = accelerated growth.

At places with high flowrate = pinkish coraline 'coral'. At places of lower flowrate = wide 'lingzhi' growth, usually deeper purple colour.

These are my observations... so i dunno if they are a fact, so .... hmm hope i dont mislead u guys.

If there is a secret, it MAY be the salt i using as i only dosed Reef builder more often to up my kH. The calcium in my tank is quite high due to the salt i using.

hi Seng , can tell us what salt u r using ?

and whats the initial color when coralline starts to grow ? I mean when it starts as a small speck till full bloom , is it the same color ?

• SRC Member

hi Seng , can tell us what salt u r using ?

and whats the initial color when coralline starts to grow ? I mean when it starts as a small speck till full bloom , is it the same color ?

Hmm ...

Using one of the cheapest salt ard ba. Using coralife salt.

As for coraline algae, it is the same colour through out. If it starts as pinkish purple, it ends up pinkish purple. There are pieces where different colours of coraline algae exists together.

• SRC Member
For those who wondered why my coraline algae growth is so nice...

Firstly, i bought the rocks from a fellow reefer who had them for like...4 years. with some coraline growth.

After 8 months of cycling in my present tank, I used 4*PL b4 moving on to 4*T5(3 @ 10k, 1 antinic blue).

The other thing is circulation. Presently have 2 powerheads, 1 SEIO 110 and 1 SEIO 820. Previously have using SEIO 820 = some growth. With both = accelerated growth.

At places with high flowrate = pinkish coraline 'coral'. At places of lower flowrate = wide 'lingzhi' growth, usually deeper purple colour.

These are my observations... so i dunno if they are a fact, so .... hmm hope i dont mislead u guys.

Hi Seng

:bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow:

:ooh::ooh::ooh::ooh::ooh::ooh::ooh::ooh::ooh:

• SRC Member

Hi everybody.

The open house will be at Blk 187, Pasir Ris St 11, from 10 am to 2 pm.

Pls sms me at 91458872 for the unit number.

Pls bring your own containers and preferably some of your sea water too to keep the coraline algae submerged as i have limited sea water.

For those interested in just the coraline to see your tank, few pieces are still available.

Do note that it is on a first come first serve basis, but do reach at 10, not earlier.

Thank you!

For those who reserved the fishes, will prob sms u if i can catch it by tomolo afternoon.