Source of INSPIRATION

jervismun

Hi all

Dunno if this is the best place to post this thread... but I can't help myself locating amazing tank designs whenever I surf the net... they are everywhere and they are so so awe inspiring... take the tank below for example... the tank just blends in with the interior so well it looks like it belongs there comfortably... extraordinary :lol:

I will try to maintain and update this thread whenever I stumble upon a new source of inspiration... for most of us... these will remain eye-candy as it may not be possible/achievable in our context ;)

Courtesy of Aquarium Design Group

post-7-1152603262.jpg

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

This is MY kinda setup... and look at the B&O system :lol: Emm... not too sure about that wooden door though ;)

post-7-1152603607.jpg

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

The tank is too small for the overall context... but the interior/architecture is so so impressive :o

post-7-1152603766.jpg

How about this? Damn <_<

post-7-1152603855.jpg

Feel so much like home... love it! Now where's the TV?!? What do you mean there's no TV?!? :o

post-7-1152603930.jpg

So so artistic :rolleyes:

post-7-1152604190.jpg

What a cute little cube doing in this nice room... notice how beautiful the arch-like windows are B)

post-7-1152604292.jpg

Haha... definitely not my style... but very appropriately designed for an Amazonian Terrarium :)

post-7-1152604389.jpg

Damn...what can I say... <_< that living room is as large as my home :o

post-7-1152604447.jpg

A nice non-bracing tank setup... I think my future tank will look something like this :lol: with my ATI Powermodul hanging above... I will have a brushed stainless-steel cabinet to match the Powermodul... dream on... dream...

post-7-1152604623.jpg

How about some close up shots... totally stunning :o:o:o

post-7-1152605072.jpg

More more more!!!

post-7-1152605141.jpg

FTS

post-7-1152605201.jpg

Ok enough colours... can we have something less over-whelming?!? <_< Ok this is a more realistic shot... didn't know Sailfin can be so pretty :lol:

post-7-1152605331.jpg

Wow!!! Metallic cabinet :lol::lol::lol:

post-7-1152605408.jpg

Ok... last pix of the day... oh my... after seeing all these setups... ok will try harder :lol:

post-7-1152605579.jpg

• SRC Member

:peace: I'm a owner of a tank that is designed as a partition. The good point is that it look nicer as all equipment are neatly hidden and the overall partition make it "flush" with the house funiture etc.

However there are many disadvantage such as;

1) It's more costly to setup;

2) It's more tedious to do tank maintanance due to the restriction of the hood opening etc;

3) Need more planning before setting up to ensure all equipment can be housed(such as skimmer and chiller etc) as the aim is to have all item fully conceal.

4) It's more headache when you want to upgrade/remove the tank . It'll be very ugly to the whole house.

Point #4 is especially important as I'm facing this problem now. If it's a normal fish tank, I can simply discard and get a new bigger tank. However being part of a partition, I'll need to tear down the whole partition and re-wire the electricity etc. It'll be very messy/dusty and I need to engage a contractor to do this work. :fear:

• SRC Member
:peace: I'm a owner of a tank that is designed as a partition. The good point is that it look nicer as all equipment are neatly hidden and the overall partition make it "flush" with the house funiture etc.

However there are many disadvantage such as;

1) It's more costly to setup;

2) It's more tedious to do tank maintanance due to the restriction of the hood opening etc;

3) Need more planning before setting up to ensure all equipment can be housed(such as skimmer and chiller etc) as the aim is to have all item fully conceal.

4) It's more headache when you want to upgrade/remove the tank . It'll be very ugly to the whole house.

Point #4 is especially important as I'm facing this problem now. If it's a normal fish tank, I can simply discard and get a new bigger tank. However being part of a partition, I'll need to tear down the whole partition and re-wire the electricity etc. It'll be very messy/dusty and I need to engage a contractor to do this work. :fear:

:D Time to change ya house already...hee hee :lol:;)

I can only dream of owning such house & tank set-up :rolleyes: maybe my next life :D

You know what... I have the same feeling too... just hope that in my next life... I will enjoy reefing... not knitting ;)

• SRC Member

You know what... I have the same feeling too... just hope that in my next life... I will enjoy reefing... not knitting ;)

:lol::D:P that's a good one bro ;)