AZOO Denitrator

Limpc

• SRC Member

Hi all,

I saw recently at a LFS the above product from AZOO. Could not find further information on the web, though.

Basically, there are 2 adjoining cylinders which will be utilised to cultivate anaerobic bateria. There is a bottle of solution bundled to enhance and speed up the growth.

The retail price is reasonable.

I'm sure pro-DSB reefers will advocate about DSB but unfortunately, I'm one of few who do not have the luxury of in-tank space, sump and refugium.

Anyone has any experience using this device for effective nitrate reduction ?

Limpc

• SRC Member

Hi Limpc,

i am in the same situation as u. I have tried using the H&S denitrator using sulphur and sand. Unfortunately, the nitrate level coming out of the denitrator is still sky high. Have decided to get a sump and use either DSB or ecosystem in the sump. I have not tried denitrators that comes with bacteria.

• SRC Member

Hi, I'm using the Aquamedic Denitrator 400 with deniballs as food source for the bacteria. My nitrate has dropped from 100+++ to zero in a months time. I think it definitely works! :D

Comments are welcome!

• 3 weeks later...
  • SRC Member

Hi guys, went to Marine Life at Hong Leong Garden yesterday and found out that they do bring in Aquamedic Denitrator upon request. Saw a unit rated for 1000 litre there ordered by a customer.

I've trying to get the Denitrator 400 from Aquamart since July but till now stock still haven come in ;)

Sealife's selling tat H&S Sulphur Denitrator for S$650, sulphur for S$50 per kg and u need to change it once a year. Tot of getting it but sad to know from TTBoy tat tis expensive toy doesn't work :(

FYI, it's actually the same unit as the Korallin Kalkreactor...

The literature says after your nitrate drops to zero, you can convert it to a kalkreactor immediately.

IMO... it's extremely strange.

Guys, You would be better off building a sump.... with a 6 inch DSB... and just pump water in and overflow out... it's much much much cheaper and it works the same way. DSBs reduces nitrates, why waste money getting a denitrator??

LFS would kill me! :P

YUp, AT's right instead of spending for a denitrator use a DSB. I never had nitrate problems using a DSB. For my SPS tank adding calcium fast enough is my main problem.

Instead of spending for a denitrator which requires maintenance use your savings for other essential equipment.