Jervis' Office Paradiz

jervismun

On a brighter side... I've decided on some fish that I will add to my new tank :lol:

1) Blue Altantic Tang - Juvenile

2) Sailfin Tang (Redsea)

3) A pair of unique pattern True Percula

Any other suggestions bro? My aim is to keep minimal amount of fish and focus more on corals (ultimately SPS)

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

achilles tang ! my new fav that i will never have ! so like tt i can go see yours ... hahaha

Do you think I have too many Tangs already? :lol:

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

can sell me ur tang LOL :evil::evil::evil:

I do not have Tangs to sell... my old tank now has a Chevron (turning black), a YT and a BT. Nothing exciting and I dun wan to catch them out... dun wanna stress the fishes.

How about a Royal Gramma? I find my BlackCap a bit boring...

Tank arriving this Saturday (hope there's no delay) :)

Here's a very nice pix I picked up from ReefCentral, a Japanese tank... drool :lol:

post-34-1156261959.jpg

woo n tis is wat we call reef tank :D

I know... everything seems so balance here... and you notice there's no large fish? The focus is on the corals instead of fishes... true Japanese style :lol:

how big is the tank?

I have no idea... looks like a square footprint to me... oh this tank is connected to the sea... about 100 yards away :o

I think the corals are real... just that the whole combination looks too clean and sterile... I got a feeling this is a show tank... sorta put up for a short period of time... but again, this might be the Japanese style with Zen approach to things... very different from our style I must say :)

yah i think the canal created in the middle is too clean despite me not seeing any wavemakers in the tank to help sweep debris in the middle.

I think there was a link to this tank thread in Japanese... if this is a matured tank... I think that particular Japanese did a very good job in balancing all the elements... but it is too clean for me... not my style... I like it a bit more natural looking :lol: With macroalgae and all :lol:

Again, the owner might do a major 6 hour clean-up before the photo shoot session... plus some photoshop after that :lol: You wanna see his sand bed real full of diatom? I can try recreate that (to make ourselves feel better) :lol::lol::lol:

Counting down... 3... 2... 1... :eyebrow:

SHOW ME THE FOTOS!@!!!

FOTOS will come bro Colinsoon :lol: Will start a new thread coz this one too long-winded already :lol:

Wah got invite celebrity to cut red ribbon bo?

Haha... red ribbon? No lah... mine is just a humble setup (although a very personal one)... there are many mega projects coming up in SRC... I am excited by theirs actually :lol:

• SRC Member

I have no idea... looks like a square footprint to me... oh this tank is connected to the sea... about 100 yards away :o

oh. it's connected to the sea. no wonder everything looks so nice and healthy. the water is free. and the parameters are perfect. save a lot of money on water and salt.

bro jerv, i think u should do that do. connect a pipe to the sea.

basket bro does ur skimmer skim off the agramilk when u dose it? Fed up man, off skimmer oso same after 5 mins water clear again. waste my money dosing the powder!

You know what? I never off my skimmer everytime I dose AragaMilk... is it required? ;) It is not suppose to cloud the water for too long (if I'm not wrong)... so clearing up after 30 minutes is quite normal IMO.

What does the bottle label says? I will read tonight :pinch:

bro jerv, i think u should do that do. connect a pipe to the sea.

Huh? I stay at Woodlands leh... so connect to the Johor Straits?!? Err... it will be the perfect tank to propagate Batam Zoas, Mushrooms and Anemones :lol::lol::lol: