Jervis' Office Paradiz

jervismun

better dun go down lolx.. if not u will be getting more and more item

I know... it's a "black motel" over there... surely cannot walk out empty handed :lol:

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I know... it's a "black motel" over there... surely cannot walk out empty handed :lol:

so what did u buy today when u are therE?

300 Gallon Reef Paradise

6X2.5X2.5 FT Tank : 4x2x2 ft sump : 2x1x2 ft refugim

Skimmer: Deltec AP851

Calcium Reactor:

Lightings: Aqualight T5 Retrofit, 150 watt MH X2

Chiller: Hailea HC-500A model w/ Aquabee 2000

Ozonizer: Hailea HLO-300 Digital ozonizer

Wavemaker: Tunze 6080, Tunze 6060

Return Pumps: Aquabee 5000 x2

Other equipments: Aquabee 2000, Quietone 1200, 5L Co2 Cylinder w/ Dupla regulator

American Marine Wireless Thermometer

Reefing is a dedication, not a competition.

• SRC Member

about the solaris .. i agree with bro southpaw... but i cant help thinking tt it wouldnt that hard to replicate ... im not saying that we recreate the set .. just something tt works the same .. i dont really know how copyright laws work so forgive me if it doesnt make a difference.. maybe if bro jervis you bought it .. haha .. i'll go over to your place to "study" it ... and who knows... i might be able to figure out the programming .. haha kidding kidding ... ive been staring at programming and circuits for too long ready .. haha :lol:

so what did u buy today when u are therE?

For sure got something one lah... decided on salt lor... sand lor... LR lor... and Aquatronica Redox Calibration fluid :lol:

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

wanna use LEDs the most important thing is voltage stability, transformer must be good and reliable. A small surge in electricity (ie lightning strikes block) n if no voltage surge protector installed equals many blown LEDs n a torn wallet :D .

Emm... I will seriously consider that bro... anyway Solaris will not happen (most probably)... perhaps my next next upgrade... by then the price should fall by 50% :lol:

haha .. ok .. lets stop diluting jervis' thread with technical talk ... oh ya .. bro u still want the flat piece of LR ?

i keep forgetting to send u the pic

Nah... it's ok, I will start a new thread once the tank is delivered. So continue to discuss anything... under to moon and stars. Thanks for offering, I might not need the dead rock, decided to only used cured LR. Will use one of AM's tank to cure my LR for 2 weeks... with intense protein skimming and intense phosphate remover... haha I can be a very demanding customer hor ;)

I REALLY DID NOT KNOW THEY WILL OFFER SUCH SERVICE....

i never really got good service ... :ph34r::ph34r: mebbe its coz im a little boy

:lol:

Haha... it takes a bit of training to be able to say this lah...

"Money not a problem, just give me the best service in town" :lol::lol::lol: That's why not a lot of LFS can "tahan" me... end up buying from only 1 shop :pinch:

bro jerv. i think after u retire can open LFS.

I don't think I need to wait till I retire coz I will be in some exotic place by then... how about 3 years from now? :lol::lol::lol:

But got a feeling will close down within 1 year... hahaha :lol:

Just came back from the distributor of Solaris... most probably I will give it a try :lol: Will be able to confirm within this week :rolleyes:

Extracted from their website www.solarisled.com

See what you guys think... here are my views (in blue) on their product claims...

The current design produces PAR light output levels equal to a 250W MH 20K.

Well... let's see how a series of 250W MH will look like in a 4ft tank

It uses 40% less energy than the Metal Halide Fixtures it replaces.

That's good news to me and my company

The life of the LED's is 50,000 hours, so it almost eliminates metal halide and fluorescent bulb replacements.

Conservative calculation is 6 years of running... well that can save a lot in the long run coz it costs a lot every year to change bulbs... even T5s

All heat is radiated up and away from the tank. Therefore, it does not heat the water like Metal Halides or Fluorescents. This eliminates the need for Chillers.

This is definitely an overstatement especially for our humid weather... no need chillers?!? But it is true MH tends to transfer heat downwards to heat up tank water

The room air conditioner needs to work 1/2 as much since the light fixture produces only half the heat of Metal Halides which saves even more energy over traditional lighting methods.

50% heat reduction... well that's not too bad

More to come...

• SRC Member

bro, do take things with a pinch of salt....its says how that its on par with MH, but it never states the brand and type of ballast of the bulb use. there can be quite a huge different with using mag ballast as compare to e-ballast. Also most SPS users not use 14k or 10k tubes which is about double that of conventional 20k tubes in terms of PAR....;)

life of LED no doubt is 50,000hour.....but so say many of the manuafacure of MH bulb which goes something like 2-3 year....however, most people change their bulb in less then a year not because the bulb cannot light up anymore, but because of temperature shift....to date i still can't find any info about temp shift for LED.....:P

having said all this, its still an interesting technology, but at $3000 plus....you might seriously want to consisder.....

Guess what I found at their website... Blue Zoas :shock:

post-34-1155792904.jpg

got use ur trademark pickup line on them of not? "Money not a problem, just give me the best service in town" kekeke :lol:

Not yet lah... but they better make sure they got replacement parts for me if "touch wood" ever happens :lol:

bro, do take things with a pinch of salt....its says how that its on par with MH, but it never states the brand and type of ballast of the bulb use. there can be quite a huge different with using mag ballast as compare to e-ballast. Also most SPS users not use 14k or 10k tubes which is about double that of conventional 20k tubes in terms of PAR....;)

life of LED no doubt is 50,000hour.....but so say many of the manuafacure of MH bulb which goes something like 2-3 year....however, most people change their bulb in less then a year not because the bulb cannot light up anymore, but because of temperature shift....to date i still can't find any info about temp shift for LED.....:P

having said all this, its still an interesting technology, but at $3000 plus....you might seriously want to consisder.....

I think it is an overstatement for them to claim "replace MH"... it may but it will take a couple of years more of development and persuasive power in order to achieve that status. Being optimistic is one thing lar... but also have to be realistic in claims... well that's how the Americans run businesses anyway :lol:

There are credible information on their website, some technical info regarding temperature shift and LED lifespan. Perhaps you wanna help me out there since $3000+ is a lot of money... but I've decided to give it a try :lol:

Actually the deal is already "on", just a matter of them meeting my requirements in warranty, aftersales service and logistics. Price already been agreed upon anyway :)

• SRC Member

Frankly, not surprised that ur getting it....since u pride urself in always being the first in obtaining equipment and feed off the prestige of owning only the best... :eyebrow:

I'm surprised ur wife lets u get away with the kinda spending that you do tho....u must be good at concealing numbers in the books eh? ;)

Well...i guess thanks to you, we get to find out what the solaris can really do now eh? When can we expect ur lengthy review to start? :D

Tank 66"x27"x28" - Return Pump Red Dragon 12m3 - Skimmer Deltec AP701 - Chiller Starmex - Wavemakers Wavysea - Lighting DE 6 x T5-HO

southpaw23's reef

Frankly, not surprised that ur getting it....since u pride urself in always being the first in obtaining equipment and feed off the prestige of owning only the best...  :eyebrow:

I'm surprised ur wife lets u get away with the kinda spending that you do tho....u must be good at concealing numbers in the books eh? ;)

Well...i guess thanks to you, we get to find out what the solaris can really do now eh? When can we expect ur lengthy review to start? :D

Pride and Prestige... comes with a huge price tag... and in the end of the day... concealing the numbers... bro you sorta captured my spirit there all in 2 para :lol::lol::lol:

Now when did I mention I got a WIFE? :lol: And since when a WIFE must know everything? :erm:

Yes, you can thank me in advance as I will be introducing this product (be it amazing or flop) to you guys in 2 to 3 weeks time. I think a lengthy review is inevitable since this product has so much to discuss on (and so much controversy surrounding it).

I have a better idea actually, it's unrealistic to look at lighting effects on screen, you guys must come to my office (during after office hours and weekends) and stay to see the amazing sunset, sunrise, cloud covering effect, 28-days moon phase & etc. :lol: Probably I will mount a webcam for you guys to watch it throughout the day :heh:

What strikes me most about the SOLARIS is its ability to offer me different lighting almost everytime I look at it... allowing me to discover more about my LS, seeing them in different light... I think it will also motivate me to take more photos :lol::lol::lol:

• SRC Member

I also must admit that of all the crazily priced equipment you have blown ur money on....this one seems to be the most justifiable purchase thus far....not for the fact that it's necessarily better...but more so because the hype surrounding it has mainly been on paper and no real experience has been obtained from the use of this equipment thus far.

Like u said, pride and prestige comes with a price-tag....so u keep ur pride or prestige...while the rest of us benefit from some real life experience with this new controversial piece of equipment...

Everyone say hi to the new guinea pig! :) Hmmm...guinea pig doesn't sound too "prestigious".....have to think up a better word... :lol:

Tank 66"x27"x28" - Return Pump Red Dragon 12m3 - Skimmer Deltec AP701 - Chiller Starmex - Wavemakers Wavysea - Lighting DE 6 x T5-HO

southpaw23's reef

Nope... I think Guinea Pig is fine for the time being... coz if the product fails I'll be called a fool or remain as Guinea Pig (if lucky)... but if the product succeed then I'll probably be known as a pioneer (like Danano for his contributions to ATI)... hehe not that I am comparing with him... but I hope one day I can reach to that status :lol:

• SRC Member

For what it's worth....the product does look very promising...so i doubt it would fail....i foresee the introduction of this product to usher in a new era in reefing....

Multiple lighting simulation alone is an amazing advent in technology and who knows what benefits this could bring to coral growth etc. If anything else, we're simulating a much more realistic environment (lighting wise) for our corals ;)

southpaw23's reef