Algae

soggy

• SRC Member

an outbreak of these have occured within my tank. correct me if i am wrong, but i believe these to be ditoms. what can i do to rid my tank of this ugly sight?

post-7-1066118586.jpg

• SRC Member

at least ur diatoms don't look like copper and brass pieces on the sandbed like mine :unsure::cry:

post-7-1066119262.jpg

The world is such a wicked place,war btween the human race. People work to earn their bread,while across the sea they're counting dead

• SRC Member
at least ur diatoms don't look like copper and brass pieces on the sandbed like mine :unsure::cry:

Shiraz, Are you using a DSB? I seen bubble form at the side of your tank in the sand.

Is that an effect of No3 breakdown into nitrogen or is that oxygen due to photosyntesis of algae?

Tank 4x2x2.5

• SRC Member

it's nitrogen.. definately not oxygen..

The world is such a wicked place,war btween the human race. People work to earn their bread,while across the sea they're counting dead

• SRC Member

cyano? hmmm they have not started waving yet though... don't think it's cyano lah 'cause the diatoms are really THICK! need to get a donkey dung! but scared it'll choke on the thick diatoms :upsidedown: