Thinking of selling off my tank...

alanseah

• SRC Member

DSC_4637-1.jpg

Dear All,

Thinking of selling off my whole tank as a set. No interest in selling part by part.

What can be found in my tank:

5ft(L), 2ft(H), 2.5ft(W) - Clear glass (similiar glass type like starphire glass) the glass tank itself already coming to 1.5k

Centre Overflow with 3 x 40mm and 1 x 25mm

Custom design sump done by ian. The sump itself cost around 800.

Tank Stand.

Custom design Hood

Type of pumps:

Red Dragon - 12000L/H

Tunze 3 x 6100

Tunze 1 x wavebox

Tunze 1 x 6060

Tunze Universal pump Mini (5024.04)

Tunze Multicontroller 7095

Ocean Runner 3000L/H

Bubble King 300 internal Skimmer

Zeovit reactor 500L from Ian + ehiem 1250 pump

Lighting:

3 x LA3 reflector + 3 x HQI ballast

1 x 5ft T5 that hold 2 T5 bulb

Deltec - PF 601S Calcium Reactor with full media and some extra media in the bag

2 x C02 (5L and 7L)

1 x Artica 1/2HP Chiller

Hana P04 meter

Live Stock:

Over 30~40 plus of colorful SPS

coming to 100kg of LR

2 anthais, 1 powerblue tang, purple tang, 2 x red sea regal angel, 1 x clown fish and lastly a big pink tail tigger

So asking for SGD15,000 no more no less and cash/cheque(for cheque collection will be only avail once confirmation of money) payment only.

Lastly people asking for selling off various equipment pls dont bother to post or PM me for I will not reply.

Kindly reply or PM me if you are interested. Thank you. :)

• SRC Member
Wah Piangz?!!!!. :sick: ....what happen brother??? :huh: after so much effort you have put in?!....jokin huh? :lol:

lolz.. nothing happen... also no real hurry to sell off... that's why i put up and ask for a complete sale.

If can sale good.. if not I just continue reefing....

well 15K is not an expensive amount if you go and calcuate the price of each equipments...

e.g. Bk will cost around 4k, RD 12m3 will cost 1K, CR will cost 1K, tank stand and sump will cost 3K, lighting will cost 1K, tunze pump will cost 2.5K, live stock 3K.

4k + 1k + 1K + 3K + 1K + 2.5k + 3K = 15.5K already...by just naming a few of the equipments only...

so you say cheap or not..

• SRC Member

I see.....I was contemplating to give up also but my wife pursuaded me to continue! :rolleyes:

Well...Alan....if you are really tearing the sales.....I will eye on your tank!....kekeke :evil:

Thinking of changing my fish tank.....nearly all 3 side of the tank is cover with coraline algae......impossible to clean it liao! :( ....and probably your "Ang Leng".....hahahaha :lol:

Continue reefing la....... :lol:

• SRC Member

Another reminder to my msg....

Lastly people asking for selling off various equipment pls dont bother to post or PM me for I will not reply.

Kindly reply or PM me if you are interested. Thank you. smile.gif

Lastly forget to add including kent RO/DI, In-Line Dual TDS Meter, booster pump and those ro/di replacement media.

bro, i was just thinking e new owner needs time to re-set up the tank and establish the system, therefore the sps might fade off and fishes might not last tt long in a holding area.

from previous threads, most reefers seem to want a bit of this and a bit of that, no one actually want everything in the system although i must say your system is truly high-tech.

Up for ur sales though. :)

300 Gallon Reef Paradise

6X2.5X2.5 FT Tank : 4x2x2 ft sump : 2x1x2 ft refugim

Skimmer: Deltec AP851

Calcium Reactor:

Lightings: Aqualight T5 Retrofit, 150 watt MH X2

Chiller: Hailea HC-500A model w/ Aquabee 2000

Ozonizer: Hailea HLO-300 Digital ozonizer

Wavemaker: Tunze 6080, Tunze 6060

Return Pumps: Aquabee 5000 x2

Other equipments: Aquabee 2000, Quietone 1200, 5L Co2 Cylinder w/ Dupla regulator

American Marine Wireless Thermometer

Reefing is a dedication, not a competition.

• SRC Member
bro, i was just thinking e new owner needs time to re-set up the tank and establish the system, therefore the sps might fade off and fishes might not last tt long in a holding area.

from previous threads, most reefers seem to want a bit of this and a bit of that, no one actually want everything in the system although i must say your system is truly high-tech.

Up for ur sales though.  :)

what about those that change tank..??? do u mean their sps all fade off and fish die also????

what about those that change tank..??? do u mean their sps all fade off and fish die also????

some people change the location when they change the tank as well. . others might sell off current ls before changing tank.

anyway good luck for ur sales.

300 Gallon Reef Paradise

6X2.5X2.5 FT Tank : 4x2x2 ft sump : 2x1x2 ft refugim

Skimmer: Deltec AP851

Calcium Reactor:

Lightings: Aqualight T5 Retrofit, 150 watt MH X2

Chiller: Hailea HC-500A model w/ Aquabee 2000

Ozonizer: Hailea HLO-300 Digital ozonizer

Wavemaker: Tunze 6080, Tunze 6060

Return Pumps: Aquabee 5000 x2

Other equipments: Aquabee 2000, Quietone 1200, 5L Co2 Cylinder w/ Dupla regulator

American Marine Wireless Thermometer

Reefing is a dedication, not a competition.

• SRC Member

That's not the same...if you're changing tanks...you can plan to have the existing tank running and cycle the new tank before transfering existing livestock. In non-sps cases, ppl can also setup tubs to contain livestock, with skimmers and lights while waiting for the new tank to be setup.

It is completely a different ball game when selling an entire setup. There is a lot the potential buyer would have to do before he can buy your setup if he intends to keep all ur sps and livestock alive for the transition.

Setting up temporary holding areas in his house, a lighting and skimmer setup etc. If he doesn't own one right now, then he will have to decom your tank and quickly setup the temp holding area and move the livestock before moving the tank etc....the list goes on.....

Bottom line...it's a logistical nightmare and franky near impossible task. That's why it is generally not feasible for ppl to buy over an entire setup with livestock and corals. It's not like ur tank can magically teleport from your house to the new owners house...even if you do get it done in half a day, you're bound to lose some sps in the process. Plus the tank will go through another mini cycle from the die off from the liverock etc...and potential cause more deaths in the coming days/weeks.

Frankly, i'd rethink your strategy...either keep the entire setup or break up the sale and get rid of livestock first...with corals to go first, then fishes, liverock etc.....

But hey....it's a free world and ur free to do what you please....that's my two cents... ;)

Upz for ya!

Tank 66"x27"x28" - Return Pump Red Dragon 12m3 - Skimmer Deltec AP701 - Chiller Starmex - Wavemakers Wavysea - Lighting DE 6 x T5-HO

southpaw23's reef

• SRC Member

That's not the same...if you're changing tanks...you can plan to have the existing tank running and cycle the new tank before transfering existing livestock. In non-sps cases, ppl can also setup tubs to contain livestock, with skimmers and lights while waiting for the new tank to be setup.

It is completely a different ball game when selling an entire setup. There is a lot the potential buyer would have to do before he can buy your setup if he intends to keep all ur sps and livestock alive for the transition.

Setting up temporary holding areas in his house, a lighting and skimmer setup etc. If he doesn't own one right now, then he will have to decom your tank and quickly setup the temp holding area and move the livestock before moving the tank etc....the list goes on.....

Bottom line...it's a logistical nightmare and franky near impossible task. That's why it is generally not feasible for ppl to buy over an entire setup with livestock and corals. It's not like ur tank can magically teleport from your house to the new owners house...even if you do get it done in half a day, you're bound to lose some sps in the process. Plus the tank will go through another mini cycle from the die off from the liverock etc...and potential cause more deaths in the coming days/weeks.

Frankly, i'd rethink your strategy...either keep the entire setup or break up the sale and get rid of livestock first...with corals to go first, then fishes, liverock etc.....

But hey....it's a free world and ur free to do what you please....that's my two cents... ;)

Upz for ya!

thanks for the input...

so I'm wondering if your very input is trying to do damage to my sale or helping me...???

So are you trying to tell me breaking my sale to each various part will help in cycling and dont need to go through all these process you just mention.

I'm doing a sale of my things and I never mention the process of how you think you are going to carry out for that is not my part of responisble.

Same like you go buy a fish, did the shop owner come tell you. You must train the fish to eat the food that you feed, quarantine it, cycle your tank before adding fish etcs??? Then he will sell it to you.

Or you go buy coral and the shop owner demand you show him your tank water param and spec before he sell the coral to you.

Guys I'm just selling my staff only and I never say I will take care of the process how you going to tear down my tank and transport.

Anyway FYI you can do a tear down of the tank and transport and then put it back at your place with not much damage to the live stock. It all depend on how strong of your knowledge and project management.

• SRC Member

You're right....it's not your obligation nor responsibility...but if you are asking for 15 grand from someone...common courtesy would dictate that you assist the fella in some of these task seeing that there will be significant disruptions in your household anyways...and by the way, you're not an LFS so it's not relevant. I would've expected more responsibility from reefers...not from LFS owners as they are after all in the business of making money...

As to the purpose of my posting...i apologize if it appears as if it is disrupting your thread but this forum is still about educating ppl. And from the look of it these days...there's a lot of less informed individuals in this hobby. I was merely pointing out certain points for consideration. 15 grand is a lot of money...if someone were to consider buying, they should be entitled to all the information that's available.

At the end of the day...i will apologize again if i have disrupted your thread and should the mods feel that i have done so, please feel free to remove my postings and i will refrain from posting any further comments.

cheers.

Tank 66"x27"x28" - Return Pump Red Dragon 12m3 - Skimmer Deltec AP701 - Chiller Starmex - Wavemakers Wavysea - Lighting DE 6 x T5-HO

southpaw23's reef

• SRC Member
I disagree

One of the most problematic thing about transporting a mature tank is the sand bed, in this case, non existant. If the water can be transported to the new location, i don't see why the new owner cannot setup the tank immediately.

You're right...the sand bed is one of the biggest issues...for some reason, i can't see the picture so was unaware that his tank was barebottom.... :P

southpaw23's reef

• SRC Member

OK I have an idea...

Let me set the rule here..

I will break up the price of my equipments and live stock.

1st The whole entire system will not be sold unless every items is been reserve.

2nd For those that reserve, a non refundable 50% deposit is require (whereby I will write a formal contract for the deposit, which you can bring to court to sue if there is a beach in contract)

3nd The sale will end at 30th Sept 2006. If failure to sell off all my equipments and 80% of my live stock. All the deposit of reserve items will be refund back.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

5ft(L), 2ft(H), 2.5ft(W) - 3 side Clear glass (similiar glass type like starphire glass, Centre Overflow with 3 x 40mm and 1 x 25mm) - SGD$1,000

Stand and hood - SGD$700

Custom design sump done by ian that will fit in 2.5" wide stand - SGD$300

Type of pumps:

Red Dragon 12000L/H - SGD$1,000

Tunze 3 x 6100 - SGD$ 330 each

Tunze 1 x wavebox - SGD$500

Tunze 1 x 6060 - SGD$100

Tunze Universal pump Mini (5024.04)- SGD$10

Tunze Multicontroller 7095 - SGD$300

Ocean Runner 3000L/H - SGD$150

Bubble King 300 internal Skimmer - SGD$3,000

Zeovit reactor 500L from Ian - SGD$300

Ehiem 1250 pump - SGD$80

Lighting:

3 x LA3 reflector - SGD$200 each

3 x HQI ballast - SGD$100 each

1 x 5ft T5 that hold 2 T5 bulb - SGD$200

Deltec - PF 601S Calcium Reactor with full media and some extra media in the bag -SGD$1,000

C02 5L empty - SGD$80

C02 7L 80% full - SGD100

Deltec CO2 Pin Wheel Regulator -SGD$100

Artica 1/2HP Chiller - SGD$1,800

Hanna Phosphate, LR Photometers: HI 93713 + Reagent - SGD$400

Kent Hi-S 4 stage ro/di + 4 replacement media - SGD$500

Booster pump - SGD$150

Live Stock:

Over 30~40 plus of colorful SPS - range from SGD$250 - $60

coming to 100kg of LR - SGD$7 per kg (p04 free)

All fish pellet train

2 blue eye anthais - SGD$30 each

1 powerblue tang - SGD$50

Purple tang - SGD$50

2 x red sea regal angel - SGD$120 each

1 x clown fish - free

4~5" big pink tail tigger - SGD$40

• SRC Member

Alan....relax la.....Southpaw23 got his point!

I can still remember the bad taste I had when I bought my tank from another reefer.....even though it is just the tank including the sand bed! <_<

• SRC Member
You're right....it's not your obligation nor responsibility...but if you are asking for 15 grand from someone...common courtesy would dictate that you assist the fella in some of these task seeing that there will be significant disruptions in your household anyways...and by the way, you're not an LFS so it's not relevant. I would've expected more responsibility from reefers...not from LFS owners as they are after all in the business of making money...

As to the purpose of my posting...i apologize if it appears as if it is disrupting your thread but this forum is still about educating ppl. And from the look of it these days...there's a lot of less informed individuals in this hobby. I was merely pointing out certain points for consideration. 15 grand is a lot of money...if someone were to consider buying, they should be entitled to all the information that's available.

At the end of the day...i will apologize again if i have disrupted your thread and should the mods feel that i have done so, please feel free to remove my postings and i will refrain from posting any further comments.

cheers.

no worry.... for after all this is the buy and sell thread thus the educating part does not apply here.

Help and plan on how to transport the tank and staff will be out of goodwill and thus no cost is ever factor in.

cheers.

I disagree

Isn't this a "buyer beware" forum? If you want to buy something here, be prepared to be responsible for the sale.

• SRC Member

aiyo.. enough of all this suggestion liao le lahz.. since its a buy and sell stuff.. leave it to the seller and buyer ba.. no point giving comments over at ppl thread. Anything can just PM the seller mahz.. *Peace*

Cheers, Reefing is all about having fun.

• SRC Member

I disagree

Isn't this a "buyer beware" forum? If you want to buy something here, be prepared to be responsible for the sale.

Sorry base on Singapore business law:

A buyer is the one who make the term of offer before accept by the seller.

Thus what I'm doing here is putting up a notice asking for offer.

Thus the responsible lie on the buyer and not the seller.