Thinking of selling off my tank...

alanseah

Sorry base on Singapore business law:

A buyer is the one who make the term of offer before accept by the seller.

Thus what I'm doing here is putting up a notice asking for offer.

Thus the responsible lie on the buyer and not the seller.

Yup, isn't this what i meant?

Sure, you can sell and the responsibility lies on the buyer....but....what about ethics? A little irresponsible if you were to do that, especially on a newbie. How many reefers would patronise if you were to run a LFS like this?

No offense dude, I think you are running a good sales here but the comments made by the reefers here are valid too.

Why all the venom? Reefing is just a hobby, dude.

Sure, you can sell and the responsibility lies on the buyer....but....what about ethics? A little irresponsible if you were to do that, especially on a newbie. How many reefers would patronise if you were to run a LFS like this?

No offense dude, I think you are running a good sales here but the comments made by the reefers here are valid too.

You lost me there. LFS?

Ethics? Not aware that it is required. All I know is that to buy things here, you have the responsibility to know what you are buying. The only perk as a buyer is that you can ask to reserve an item and ended up not getting it. Pilots pilots everywhere.

• SRC Member

You lost me there. LFS?

Ethics? Not aware that it is required. All I know is that to buy things here, you have the responsibility to know what you are buying. The only perk as a buyer is that you can ask to reserve an item and ended up not getting it. Pilots pilots everywhere.

I'm afraid divinesloth was clearer in his post than in ur last post ;)

But i believe responsibility lies in all of us, not just as a buyers or sellers. If i see someone getting stiffed out of a purchase (and i am by no means refering to this sale thread), i believe it's our responsibility as reefers in this community to speak up...

buying and selling aside, responsible reefkeeing shld be the overarching belief we all should subscribe too. 'nuff said....

Lets no retract from this sale thread, i believe Alan has made a great effort in clearly specifying his terms of sale. This discussion can then be taken offline.

Apologies again Alan, i believe i may have unnecessarily started this :off: debate. Can we all just play our parts and let the sale thread proceed?....

Tank 66"x27"x28" - Return Pump Red Dragon 12m3 - Skimmer Deltec AP701 - Chiller Starmex - Wavemakers Wavysea - Lighting DE 6 x T5-HO

southpaw23's reef

• SRC Member

I'm afraid divinesloth was clearer in his post than in ur last post ;)

But i believe responsibility lies in all of us, not just as a buyers or sellers. If i see someone getting stiffed out of a purchase (and i am by no means refering to this sale thread), i believe it's our responsibility as reefers in this community to speak up...

buying and selling aside, responsible reefkeeing shld be the overarching belief we all should subscribe too. 'nuff said....

Lets no retract from this sale thread, i believe Alan has made a great effort in clearly specifying his terms of sale. This discussion can then be taken offline.

Apologies again Alan, i believe i may have unnecessarily started this :off: debate. Can we all just play our parts and let the sale thread proceed?....

lolz.. it's ok let this be a lesson to teach other how the business law in singapore is.

Well I do not fully agree cause unless you say the seller is trying to cheat then that is something different.

For do not mix up with responsibility as a reefer and sales. For when come to sales it does not include responsibility as a reefer unless otherwise stated in the contract. or unless you are getting a service and not a sale.

For I can say that other then just sell you the thing, other service out of the sales provided is just out of goodwill and buyer will not be able to demand for it.

let say for e.g. you go to LFS or buy a fish from anyone, once out of the shop the fish dead. Well you can't sue him for beach in contract but you can try sue him under the law of negligence if let say during the process of packing the fish is not done properly thus result in the fish dead. But if everything is normal there nothing you can do to sue him.

For all you may black mouth that person and say he should responsible for it and say whatever you are right but in the law that person is as clean as you are thus end of the day both are not in the wrong.

• SRC Member

lolz.. it's ok let this be a lesson to teach other how the business law in singapore is.

Well I do not fully agree cause unless you say the seller is trying to cheat then that is something different.

For do not mix up with responsibility as a reefer and sales. For when come to sales it does not include responsibility as a reefer unless otherwise stated in the contract. or unless you are getting a service and not a sale.

For I can say that other then just sell you the thing, other service out of the sales provided is just out of goodwill and buyer will not be able to demand for it.

let say for e.g. you go to LFS or buy a fish from anyone, once out of the shop the fish dead. Well you can't sue him for beach in contract but you can try sue him under the law of negligence if let say during the process of packing the fish is not done properly thus result in the fish dead. But if everything is normal there nothing you can do to sue him.

For all you may black mouth that person and say he should responsible for it and say whatever you are right but in the law that person is as clean as you are thus end of the day both are not in the wrong.

U sounded as if u r a lawyer rather then a seller. Well it's an open forum and everyone is entitled to give their opinions and comments, be it good or bad.

I find bros here are giving constructive comments which are rather reasonable and I don't think they will hurt ur sale. Why get so worked up? Well "Real gold's not afraid of fire."

In fact breaking up d sale will only benefit u most. How many of us here can actually afford to pay 15k at one go? Think abt it and all d best!

Oh yes just in case if u r really a lawyer, please dun sue me if I've said something wrong cause I dun have a high education and i know nuts abt d law.

• SRC Member
Oh yes just in case if u r really a lawyer, please dun sue me if I've said something wrong cause I dun have a high education and i know nuts abt d law.

LOL!!! :lol::lol::lol:

Tank 66"x27"x28" - Return Pump Red Dragon 12m3 - Skimmer Deltec AP701 - Chiller Starmex - Wavemakers Wavysea - Lighting DE 6 x T5-HO

southpaw23's reef