help! glass tank breaking soon

• SRC Member

My top part, center support the tank crack into 2 piece.

my tank is 5ft long.

hope understand what i said.

normally 3ft above got center glass on top that support the tank.

now the glass break into 2. i heard the whole tank will not hold and break.

i had drain out 3/4 of water.

Question:

Can it be repair?

example: replace the top part and glue back.

if yes, any place can ask them to come down repair?

• SRC Member

do u mean the euro bracing?

Main Tank : 48 inch by 36 inch by 28 inch (2 sides starphire glass)
Sump Tank :
Return Pump :
Chiller : Starmax Compressor 1 HP Drop coil
Chiller Return Pump
Protein Skimmer :
Wave Maker :
Fluidised Reactor :

• SRC Member

u can't just replace new one and silicon it. unless u totally drain out all the water.. and get someone to help u force the 4 side of ur tank back and u silicon it. but getting a new tank will be a more better choice.. thats because if u nv silicon it back properly end up the whole tank will just break open

I wouldn't risk it bro... get a new tank :) 175 US Gal of salt water on the floor is no laughting matter :(

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• SRC Member

Totally agree. Dun save on this kind of thing. It too risky. Get a new tank.

Trust me, you would not want to wake up in a middle of the night to find that you have a flood in your house. ( Cos I experienced this before, its one of the worst nightmare you can ever have). :eyeblur:

• SRC Member

Why dun you ask a tank maker to see if it is possible to repair. Anyway they are the pros. If done by them, the will clean the old silicon, prime it with acetone or alcohol or something.

All the brace are last to silicon to the tank, so I abit confused with pressure to 4 side of tank?

Good thing u remove part of the water.

Equipment:

30G Corner Tank with 10G Sump, 2 x 24W artinic T5, 1 x 24W 10K, 1x 24W 20K, 3" Grade 0 sand & Live rocks, Activated Carbon, Bio-home, 2 x Seio M620, Hailea 1/2HP Chiller, Redsea Pro Skimmer

Live Stock:

Turbo Snail x 1, Green Mandarin Dragonet X 2, Blue Tang X 2, True percular x 2, 1 x Algae Bleenie, Clarke clown x 2

Reef:

1 x 2" Blue maxima, Red/Brown/Purple Mushroom (Discosoma), Pink Ricordea yuma, A little colony Brown/Green common Zoanthus, Red/Pink/Green US Zoanthus, Eagle-eye Zoathus, 14 Branch Goniopora Pandoraensis, 1 Starburst Polyps, 3 + 2 Branch Frogspawn, 4 Blasto, palythoa, Cheato

RIPs (Since June 2005):

1. Sabae clown (KO by Clarke clown) 2. 1 branch melted frogspawn 4 branch 3. Golden maxima (Ripe the base off rock by me) 4. Algae Bleenie x 2 (Starvation) 5. Blue Maxima x 1, 2 x Maxima, 1 x frogspawn, rics (Overtemp...)

Old 30G Corner Tank.

Restarted 30G Corner Tank.

It's gonna be a very major fix... I got a feeling your tank has already swelled, "bloated" or skewed. That's why the bracing gave way and broke into 2 pieces.

I really don't think you should even consider fixing it. Go get yourself a new tank please. At least you get to sleep peacefully at night.

All the best bro!

Note: Don't go back to the same tank maker. Actually, they should somehow be responsible for the problem. Especially if your tank is less than 1-year old. It's a very major defect. Make known to them!

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

i would like to suggest to look for Steve from AM for this

Humble tank :

Size: 4x2.5x2 ft - Display 

Equipment :

Return 1 : Ecotech marine L1

Return 2 : Ecotech marine M1

CR : Skimz CM122 - Caribsea extra course media with Grotech magnesium

Light : ATI 8x54W