My minireef!

minireef

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member

Jerv,

Actually can also try without the wooden slab beneath it, purely using glass, but that will increase the thickness of your glass (say 18mm).

I need the base and the "Crown" of the tank to make a contrast of the lighter background. So as to accentuate the tank. Hope it will turn out well. What do you think. You are an ID guy, right?

Below the bottom of the cabinet I intend to have a row of square holes.

It is for

1. To aid the exhaust fan in cross ventalation-pull through.

2. When at night , it act as a night light (light from refugium)

3. For a better look rather than a big bare plank?

My Reefing Mission:-

To manage the waters and lights with efficient resources, disciplined husbandry and prograsive knowledge.

Jerv,

I need the base and the "Crown" of the tank to make a contrast of the lighter background. So as to accentuate the tank. Hope it will turn out well. What do you think. You are an ID guy, right?

Below the bottom of the cabinet I intend to have a row of square holes.

It is for

1. To aid the exhaust fan in cross ventalation-pull through.

2. When at night , it act as a night light (light from refugium)

3. For a better look rather than a big bare plank?

From your drawings, the contrast is definitely there. I just have 1 concern... if you wall depression is only 18", then you will end up with a very narrow sump, not very useful in the long run... remember... the APF600 is barely sufficient to support you development in the hobby.

1) Exhaust fan is an extra, may not need it. If you locate your chiller on top, there's no need to exhaust fan. It will only increase evaporation rate. Of course, it depends on the size of your refugium and the lighting for it. I will say some nice louvres (or holes) will allow natural ventilation especially if your hall is air-conditioned. There will be exchange of air.

2) Quite a nice idea... but you need the holes to be consistently applied in a row to achieve that effect.

3) There's so much to play with when it comes to finishing... have fun :)

I'm not into ID, just branding.

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

WITHOUT!!!

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• SRC Member

nice design.. yup without the border will look better :lol: . your fish tank will also look "bigger"... btw do see that the edges of the tank is "rounded". reasoning being IF u are happily working on your sump, u are done and u ligt your head and hit the corner ... man.... thats gonna hurt real bad :o haha juz a suggestion :lol:

cheers* btw u have a nice house :D

• SRC Member

Big, You make sense,will take note of safety.

This will be my tank layout plan, please input your valuable experince.

post-34-1156587641.jpg

To manage the waters and lights with efficient resources, disciplined husbandry and prograsive knowledge.

What's the rectangle shape with circle at the centre? Overflow? Also, you may want to mix them a bit between the LPS and SPS... I think a more realistic plan is top portion for SPS, lower portion for LPS. What you think?

This is my Modle!

Oh man... you have high vision :lol::lol::lol: Me too actually :P Let's progress together ok? I can see much we can learn from each other (and from other bros and sis of course) :)

Dom,No worry, my grand children will come only in 10-15 years time. :D:D

Haha... dun think your tank can last that long... I mean... by then you should already own a 10 footer :lol:

• SRC Member

Wow, reefing is no joke. it's so expensive.

First I was told skimmer is important, must get a good one. So I bought Deltec.

Next, I was told if chiller fail, the coral will wipe out. So got a Tecco.

Than, I was told wave maker is critical, and seio is no good. So must buy Tunze lor.

After that, I was Told is cheaper to buy the monitoring as a whole set. So bought the "cheap" Aquatronica

Later, they say pump don't play play. so Aqabee here I come.

Now I was told to go for ATI, Distil water, best salt, best sand, best LR, best exotic coral,best LS best tank and on and on and on. :angry::angry:

Oh this hobby is quiker than quicksand please help :yeah::yeah::yeah:

Welcome to the PIT bro... :fear::ph34r::evil:

Look at my list below...

Oh you left out Calcium Reactor, Kalkwasser Reactor, Fluidized Reactor, Denitrator and so on... :evil:

And not forgetting FIJI Live Rock from Coral Farm that costs $16.00 per kilogram :shock::shock::shock:

• SRC Member

I have actually bought most of the equipment to set up an experemental tank at my office. As I will only start my home tank in oct. Like to share my experimental tank with you all first......

I was told it is cheaper to buy the whole set, so I bought this "cheap" set :cry2::shock::cry2::shock:

post-34-1156775933.jpg

• SRC Member
Oh you left out Calcium Reactor, Kalkwasser Reactor, Fluidized Reactor, Denitrator and so on... :evil:

And not forgetting FIJI Live Rock from Coral Farm that costs $16.00 per kilogram :shock::shock::shock:

I think you are in the wrong line, you'll make more $$$$ selling marine equipment :evil::evil::evil:

Hahaha... bro welcome to the world of Aquatronica... if you want the Club logo, PM any of the member.

Yes, getting an entire set is a lot cheaper than buying individual monitor and controller. And Aquatronica is considered the "more competitive" product compared to other competitor product in the market right now.

If you need help with the system, let me know. Bro Lyz77 is an expert in this field too :lol:

Must install the PC Kit to your computer and do INTERNET UPDATE before calibration or else have to redo again :)

I think you are in the wrong line, you'll make more $$$$ selling marine equipment :evil::evil::evil:

Err... actually I am not sure about that... I rather earn my money elsewhere and spend it on the hobby... at least it gives me the thrill :lol: With all the parallel import nuisance right now... don't think I can earn much as a distributor in Singapore :P