Jervis' Full Time Job

jervismun

what does this do in real life?

Colin, here's how it works... tank water directly dispose of... gotto remove some water today due to the addition of LR :lol: Me seeing this feature working for the first time :whistle

post-34-1161961914.jpg

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Look a very desirable hitchiker :lol:

post-34-1161962152.jpg

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

wah.. power rocks!!!!!  put in more ammonia and then see your skimmer in action leh.  :evil:

The ATI BM is already skimming like crazy... will update video later :eyebrow:

Without further delay... here's the partially done up scaping :heh: Using a temporary MH + PL fixture provided by Steve... using 2 x 150W BLV 20000ºK bulbs B)

The reason i mention "partial" is Steve can't find a suitable piece of rock for the left front corner, so he will come back on Monday :nc:

post-34-1161962355.jpg

Looking at this piece of rock... all the wait is well worth it... yes... definitely worth it :wub:

post-34-1161962744.jpg

More hitchikers... some Zoas at the top right corner too :)

post-34-1161963743.jpg

ok DPM! i finished page 1 to 56.

now for the percula 90 demon!

Wow!!! All in a day? Amazing... you should start Percula 90 from day 1 :lol:

Side View :heh:

post-34-1161964023.jpg

The rocks are getting some support from the flushing system... concealing them well... only visible on side view :P

post-34-1161964222.jpg

• SRC Member
The rocks are getting some support from the flushing system... concealing them well... only visible on side view  :P

heys bro.....some things u gotta take note.....

the front left portion of the rockscape will lead to some dead spots......even with the flushing system...dirt will still manage to rest somewhere there.....

just my thoughts... :lol:

view my 2ft tank thread update here!!

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=36399

Tank Dimension: 24'x15'x19' with black silicon. All round 8mm.

Equipments:

Return Pump : Hailea HX6540

Skimmer/Chiller : Sicce 2500lph

Skimmer : Weipro 2011

Lightings: 4xT5s HO..2 20,000k & 2 Blue Pro(Aquaz) Retrofits

Chiller : Resun CL280

Auto Water Top Up

Life Stock:

More then 35kg of figi rocks

Blue Tang, Powder Blue Tang, Bristletooth tang, Clown Tang, Yellow Tang, Purple Tang, Flame Angel, Six Line Wrasse, Sunrise Dottyback. 2 Cleaner Shrimp

Green Bubble, Orange Yuma, Hammer, True Octopus, Acans,

Frogspawn, Green/Orange Cyannaria, Red Prata, Red Open Brain, Star Polyp, Acan Enchinata

heys bro.....some things u gotta take note.....

the front left portion of the rockscape will lead to some dead spots......even with the flushing system...dirt will still manage to rest somewhere there.....

just my thoughts... :lol:

Thanks for your concern bro, I will study it further with Steve on Monday... well I will also add at least 4 controllable Tunzes into the tank... looking at Tunze Nanos at certain areas :)

i dunno, but i will leave the front left of the tank as it is.. plenty of space for pratas, cynas, rics!!!

Bro... I'm going SPS :rolleyes: FTS everyone :heh:

post-34-1161965570.jpg

• SRC Member

Thanks for your concern bro, I will study it further with Steve on Monday... well I will also add at least 4 controllable Tunzes into the tank... looking at Tunze Nanos at certain areas :)

haha....tts a gd idea using the tunzes to futher minimize the dead spots....cos i hav been using the flushing system for a long time...so i realise that the flushing system itself cannot take care of the whole area....

a nice n high tech tank u got dere... :rolleyes:

view my 2ft tank thread update here!!

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=36399

Tank Dimension: 24'x15'x19' with black silicon. All round 8mm.

Equipments:

Return Pump : Hailea HX6540

Skimmer/Chiller : Sicce 2500lph

Skimmer : Weipro 2011

Lightings: 4xT5s HO..2 20,000k & 2 Blue Pro(Aquaz) Retrofits

Chiller : Resun CL280

Auto Water Top Up

Life Stock:

More then 35kg of figi rocks

Blue Tang, Powder Blue Tang, Bristletooth tang, Clown Tang, Yellow Tang, Purple Tang, Flame Angel, Six Line Wrasse, Sunrise Dottyback. 2 Cleaner Shrimp

Green Bubble, Orange Yuma, Hammer, True Octopus, Acans,

Frogspawn, Green/Orange Cyannaria, Red Prata, Red Open Brain, Star Polyp, Acan Enchinata

Here's a FULL SETUP SHOT... with the temporary 5ft MH mounted right on top of my tank (can't fit into my hood) ;) Will show pix of my sump and new equipments soon :)

post-34-1161965992.jpg

wah.. power rocks!!!!!  put in more ammonia and then see your skimmer in action leh.  :evil:

Your wish is my command :bow:

th_MOV08354.jpg

Starts to foam violently right after the addition of the rocks :lol:

• SRC Member
Bro... I'm going SPS :rolleyes: FTS everyone :heh:

Finally, bro... u are in already...

Main Tank: 5 x 1 x 1

Return from overflow: Eheim compact+ 5000

Lighting: 2x 54W T5

Skimmer: Deltec SC 1350

Chiller: Arctica 1/10

Wave Maker: Tunze Nano Wavebox & Tunze 6055 with Photocell
Monitor 1: American Marine Pinpoint pH monitor
Monitor 2: American Marine Pinpoint Temperature monitor

Finally, bro... u are in already...

I know... it took me a lot of courage to say that actually... but I know I will be getting a lot of support from you guys :bow:

• SRC Member
I know... it took me a lot of courage to say that actually... but I know I will be getting a lot of support from you guys :bow:

Aiyo, dun worry la... with the type of setup and equipments you have and if that cannot support SPS tank, my setup can support star polyps only... :blink::D:upsidedown:

Aiyo, dun worry la... with the type of setup and equipments you have and if that cannot support SPS tank, my setup can support star polyps only... :blink::D:upsidedown:

Wah... pressure leh... u got secret weapon... i dun have :(

Here's my TWIN TURBO Skimz FR... up and running :yeah:

post-34-1161967152.jpg

Aquapharm Blackgold (activated carbon) on the left... Aquapharm Sorb-4 (phosphate removal media) on the right... Aquatronica Control Unit temporarily placed next to my sump :lol:

The TWIN TURBO (a name created by me btw) works like a charm B)

post-34-1161967319.jpg

Filter floss turning brown very quickly... :erm:

th_MOV08356.jpg

• SRC Member
Here's my TWIN TURBO Skimz FR... up and running :yeah:

Love the way you connect the FR.. very neat & looks solid...

AM use a different PVC head for your FR... :bow::bow:

• SRC Member

The rock scaping is great, not to mention the coraline encrusted rocks :bow: Did some of the big pieces of rocks came from the big display tank at A.M? Lotsa of rooms for the sandbed to place gems :yeah:

A person, himself can be his own Lawyer, but he can never be his own Judge ........