Jervis' Full Time Job

jervismun

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it would be nice for my lions. hehe

How about putting your Lion into my sump for a day or two? :lol:

Here's a shot of my Rainbow Monti... the blue base is very slowly coming back... the Blue Staghorn in the foreground (by bro Sapp) is growing well with good colour retention :)

post-34-1166371938.jpg

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

i dont understand why its called rainbow... the superman one looks more rainbow-ish to me ... can someone explain ?

A healthy/thriving Rainbow Monti will have a blue/red base with green polyps... that's RGB... hence the name Rainbow... but unfortunately... mine is now a Tree Monti (Brown and Green) :cry2:

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

Since I only have a 5 days left before I go for my holiday... I've decided not to hook-up the Calcium Reactor... I will be more comfortable if could monitor it for at least 2 weeks before letting it run by itself :unsure:

Meanwhile... I've decided to invest in a Grotech Dosing Pump (3 channels) to help me dose kH, Ca and essential elements while I'm away :)

Once the CR is up and running... I will use the Grotech Dosing Pump solely for dosing elements (Grotech Corall A, B & C) and coral food (liquid form) :heh:

post-34-1166443493.jpg

WAH...Bro.. u succumb to the temptation liao ah.. hahahaha :evil:

Yes... the temptation of not dosing anything (manually) for the next 6 months :lol::lol::lol: Will have to explore a bit... I got a feeling it may take a bit of experimenting :heh:

Connected the Grotech Dosing Pump TEC III NG this afternoon... surprisingly it is quite straight-forward (and idiot proof) :lol:

I enlarged the hole on the bottle cap to allow for the insertion of rubber tube... as easy as 1-2-3 actually :)

Here are my initial settings:

Pump 1: Grotech kH+Ca 1 (KH)

50ml = 0.285ºkH (for 700L)

ml/day: 50ml

Cycle/day: 4 (12.5ml / 6 hours apart)

Starting hour: 12:00

1000ml bottle can lasts: 20 days

Pump 2: Grotech kH+Ca 2 (Ca)

ml/day: 50ml

Cycle/day: 4 (12.5ml / 6 hours apart)

Starting hour: 15:05

1000ml bottle can lasts: 20 days

Pump 3: Grotech Corall A (Strontium, Magnesium, Potassium, Barium, Lithium...)

ml/day: 10ml

Cycle/day: 2 (5ml / 12 hours apart)

Starting hour: 17:10

500ml bottle can lasts: 50 days

Temporary location till I return from my holiday :)

post-34-1166529188.jpg

Adjusted the water level higher within the skimmer chamber... producing "wetter" skimmate... the cup shows 1 day worth :)

post-34-1166529319.jpg

Decided to do a simple experiment last 3 days... moved 1 of my Red/Yellow Monti to my Sump No.1... under my new clip-on MH 150W 10000K :)

3 days later... can you guys spot which is the improved version?

post-34-1166541160.jpg

ur tank's always an inspiration to me. the gagets's like a lab to me :P Sps seems to be thriving and coloration seems to be getting better ... way to go :D

Thanks bro Fishtalk... actually I just concluded that my main lighting "cannot-make-it"... as I the Red/Yellow Monti (on the left) shows improved colouration after 3 days under my refugium's MH... the good news is... by early next year... my new lightset will be ready for installation :)

Here's a closer look at my Flamingo Shrimp... introduced 2 pregnant specimens into my refugium :)

post-34-1166547064.jpg

looks good. seems like U have some anthias in yr tank. Do U like fix different species together?

Hi bro Pierre... currently I am just keeping a school of BE Anthias (aka Lyretail) as they are one of the easier species and less demanding when it comes constant food supply... I might wanna introduce a couple of Bartlett in the future... but not at the moment :)

Am lucky as always... went to CF 2 days ago... was told a super rare wrasse in QT (no ID)... after 2 more trips... finally this SANTA-looking wrasse adds to my collection :)

It's a Hawaiian Flame Wrasse... believe it or not... CF first time bringing in... only 1 piece available this shipment :shock:

Santa been good to me this year... :lol:

Pix taken during acclimatizing... feeding frozen mysis and brine shrimp already :eyebrow:

post-34-1166589010.jpg

Lovely coloration. A truely rare fish that is endemic to Hawaii!

More Pixs, pls.

Cheers

JC

Oops... sorry guys... I log-on using my other nick (Jervis) :lol::lol::lol:

Ok I'm back... with more pix of course :)

Here are some links to Hawaiian Flame Wrasse (MarineCentre) and Hawaiian Flame Wrasse (Liveaquaria)

This pix was taken 5 mins upon introduction... looking bold and strong... my Black Cap immediately showing off its POWER :lol: Luckily my Flame Wrasse is big enough to not bother the show of force :eyebrow:

The Flame Wrasse is still changing colour all the time... will observe it closer... more pix (and hopefully video) to come shortly :)

post-34-1166589894.jpg

Oops... sorry guys... I log-on using my other nick (Jervis) :lol::lol::lol:

Ok I'm back... with more pix of course :)

Here are some links to Hawaiian Flame Wrasse (MarineCentre) and Hawaiian Flame Wrasse (Liveaquaria)

This pix was taken 5 mins upon introduction... looking bold and strong... my Black Cap immediately showing off its POWER :lol: Luckily my Flame Wrasse is big enough to not bother the show of force :eyebrow:

The Flame Wrasse is still changing colour all the time... will observe it closer... more pix (and hopefully video) to come shortly :)

Wow! Thats something I have been looking out for for a long time! Beautiful wrasse!

Specs

Return pump: 2 x Eheim 1260 (with 1 pumped to chiller before returning to main)
Chiller: Hailea HC-500A (1/2 hp)
Skimmer: Deltec SC2060
Lightings: 8 x 24W ATI Sunpower T5 fixture
Wavemakers: Vortech MP40, MP10, Tunze nanostream 6045
Additives: TLF C-balance (2 parts Ca and Alk) via Kamoer 3 channel dosing pump; Polyp-lab Reef Resh; FM color elements

Wow! Thats something I have been looking out for for a long time! Beautiful wrasse!

Thanks bro... my great challenge remains in keeping this beautiful specimen happy and gay :lol::lol::lol:

Merry Xmas :yeah::yeah::yeah:

Acacia-Designer-Christmas.gif

Merry Xmas to u bro :lol::lol::lol:

how about a FTS... long time never post lar ;)

Ok lah... will do a FTS tonight :):):) Just for you... cute little kitty :eyebrow: