Jervis' Full Time Job

jervismun

warao :huh:

too late liao already in my tank :(

i FW dip my us zoas but not yours :cry::cry2:

Don't worry lah... just for precaution only :rolleyes:

Must thank you for your insider info this morning... that 50km travel is definitely worth it :eyebrow:

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member

Don't worry lah... just for precaution only :rolleyes:

Must thank you for your insider info this morning... that 50km travel is definitely worth it :eyebrow:

glad u like ur purchases ;)

y u din get the red 1? thot its nice. still saw it there dis noon, right at the back of the 4ft tank facing the sunlight, quite a big pc tho <_<

50km??? :blink:

m. sultan to pasir ris distance is so great? :huh:

y u din get the red 1? thot its nice. still saw it there dis noon, right at the back of the 4ft tank facing the sunlight, quite a big pc tho <_<

Wah you spy on me :fear::fear::fear:

That piece can't really see clearly as the water is too cloudy :lol: And a little too big for my tank unless I FRAG it (haha... sorry SPS fever)

Bought this amazing piece since I need to add YELLOW to my tank... not a large piece... but it opens up real nicely :eyebrow:

2 ways... should be around there lah :cry:

post-34-1175081891.jpg

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

Never seen this yellow Sea Fan before... the branch is dark red in colour :heh:

Can still see the dark red branch if the polyps are not fully open :huh:

post-34-1175082018.jpg

As planned... placed it under a piece of overhang rock... coz can't possibly place any SPS there... and the flow is quite high :D (this is a side tank view)

post-34-1175082176.jpg

Here's the FTS with the yellow Sea Fan in view... here's another red Sea Fan with white polyps :lol: Totally shaded by the overhang rock... the flow inside is quite high too... perfect for Sea Fan :lol:

post-34-1175082417.jpg

sea fan needs high current flow?

just like sps?

Quite... at least high enough to bring food to them :)

Here's my third Sea Fan... bright orange in colour... but the polyps have yet to open :huh: Will post some close-up shots tomorrow :heh:

In the meantime... enjoy my Black Tang :eyebrow:

post-34-1175093747.jpg

black tang? since when was the black tang introduce?

Aiyo... I introduced it last year... 8th November :lol:

• SRC Member

Wah I'm so touched... got pineapple shape frag or not? :lol::lol::lol:

no need to feel touched la.. hehe.. u wan corn shape? have.. i use sanding machines sand it to the previous shape lo..? ;)

haha.. :lol:

Reefing is like a Relationship, Once you fall in Love with it, You will Love it for Life... :wub:

5a8bbdf6e2308_YUMA16.png.f2e17836611683574a142ad6fbd86466.png

• SRC Member

haha :lol:

yo jervis ive collected the zoas liao ;)

will pass u some us zoas dat i got yesterday too :lol::lol:

sis.. post pic of ur zoas! and wher is my frag? :lol::lol:

u kapo alot of nice thing lo.. including those i saw lo. <_<

haha.. but nvm.. i will kapo it back from u.. :D

Reefing is like a Relationship, Once you fall in Love with it, You will Love it for Life... :wub:

• SRC Member

sis.. wad good thing nvr share with me.. :huh:

btw, who got the nice and big red yuma?

jervis. did u get it? :P

u kapo alot of nice thing lo.. including those i saw lo.  <_<

True... sis Waner been very active lately... I wonder where she got the space to hide all her GEMs :lol::lol::lol:

btw, who got the nice and big red yuma?

jervis. did u get it?  :P

BIG RED YUMA :shock::shock::shock: I didn't see it leh... and my tank is too "prestine" for Yumas :eyebrow::eyebrow::eyebrow:

Just a joke: Probably the Yuma will do better in my skimmer collection cup :lol:

Found something very very strange lately...

Study the pix below, can you see a snail stucked in between the Staghorn branches? (lower portion)

That relative large shell is actually a Blue-legged Hermit... I noticed it in this position 3 days ago, moved it down to the sand bed twice already... and yet it this is the 3rd time it attach itself to the Staghorn in the same position, same orientation <_<

I didn't know Hermit consumes SPS... what do you guys think?

Btw the shot was taken with only the left MH switched on... that's why you see shadows on the right side... simulating poor lighting design for SPS :lol:

post-34-1175131441.jpg

• SRC Member

the hermit is just hankering down to sleep la...nothing to be too alarmed as he might eventually (of never) find another place to rest...

i don't think Hermit feeds on dying sps....its just that pretty often, alages and stuff will start growing on the sps, causing the misunderstanding that they will cause the utimate dismay of the SPS....

think hermits do feed on dying SPS... I have found my dwarf hermit feeding on a receeding SPS that I had. Your sps should not be a problem if its doing well.

Quite possible as I broke the Staghorn from its base the other day and attached it to the rock using epoxy... possibly some dying polyps there <_<

the hermit is just hankering down to sleep la...nothing to be too alarmed as he might eventually (of never) find another place to rest...

i don't think Hermit feeds on dying sps....its just that pretty often, alages and stuff will start growing on the sps, causing the misunderstanding that they will cause the utimate dismay of the SPS....

Whatever it is... already moved the Hermit to the 2ft tank (aka dumping ground) :lol:

Thanks for the explanation though :bow: