Jervis' Full Time Job

jervismun

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will update tomorrow... really like bro uyopong's avatar :lol:

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h172/lalat73/Snizz-1.gif

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

Disaster!!!

My Red Dragon 6,5m3 return pump DIED yesterday... again :o Luckily i have another Aquabee 2000 running as a backup return :heh:

I've decided not to fix the pump anymore! I've given it a chance before and it'd let me down again :erm:

So I called Steve and within hours... a replacement pump is ready for my collection :bow: With the correct valve connectors installed... literally within hours :yeah:

I brought the Aquabee 7000 back... and my return is back in action in less than 5 minutes :)

:thanks: AM for their quick response :thanks:

post-34-1192627197.jpg

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

Good choice :D I am using one too :lol:

3.5ft X 2 ft X 2.5 ft

Deltec Protein Skimmer AP 600 - Eheim Compact 1000

Deltec - NF 509

Teco RA 640 Chiller - Aqua-Bee UP 2000i Aquarium Pump

Aqua-Bee UP 7000 Aquarium Pump - return

Skimz Fluidized Reactor- Aqua-Bee UP 2000 tee off to NF 509 and CR

DE Lightings 8 x 39watts

Turbelle stream Kit TS07

Good choice :D I am using one too :lol:

Yeah... came to realize... it's a very decent pump for that price range :)

What was the cause of the failure?

No idea bro... I replaced the fused... the impeller looks new to me (I changed it 4 months ago)... I really dunno :blink:

I've asked an experienced reefer to help me perform an autopsy on the pump... hopefully that can help shed some lights to the mystery :shock:

To ease my pain... I went shopping... again :lol::lol::lol: Bought 3 pieces of Pink Birdsnest (formed into a single colony) from AM Katong... some of their leftovers lah... but still looking good :D

post-34-1192706999.jpg

You have the nest... but where are the birds??

:whistle:lol::lol::lol:

Let the nest grows bigger... the birds shall flock in :lol::lol::lol:

Oh dear... my thread ended up in Page 2 <_<

I really need to keep up liao :unsure:

Let's start with my ever-reliable Easy Blade... comes with extra blade (5 blades pack)... at least I dun have to keep investing on a new piece :eyebrow:

For those of you guys wanting a sparkling clear glass... try this little guy out B)

Oh dear... my thread ended up in Page 2  <_<

I really need to keep up liao  :unsure:

Let's start with my ever-reliable Easy Blade... comes with extra blade (5 blades pack)... at least I dun have to keep investing on a new piece  :eyebrow:

For those of you guys wanting a sparkling clear glass... try this little guy out  B)

How come yours coming with spare blade? Mine only got one only and spare blade need to be purchased separately.

Anyway treat this blade with respect its razor thin and sharp, accidently cut my tumb and index finger due to careless handling.

RED SEA MAX - BLACK, JBJ ARCTICA DBA-075, HYDOR PRIME 30, VORTECH MP10

How come yours coming with spare blade? Mine only got one only and spare blade need to be purchased separately.

Anyway treat this blade with respect its razor thin and sharp, accidently cut my tumb and index finger due to careless handling.

Mine didn't come with the spare blades bro... I forgot to link the picture :lol:

Oh yes... those blades look extremely lethal :erm:

It's the time of the year!!! Lots of Annual Leave to clear this year :lol:

Will be away for 2 weeks next Monday onwards :erm: Well... this is my 4th major holidays since my tank is up... lots of preparation and coordination to put in place... will try to share all my experience with you guys within these 2 days :rolleyes:

I'm going Japan this year btw... :eyebrow:

I usually start preparing about a week before the holiday... the first thing I'll do is to take the opportunity to do major maintenance to all possible parts within the system... even valves like this :)

post-34-1193455566.jpg

Never underestimate the kinda gunk that gather inside rubber hoses... although it might not cause major clogging... but definitely reduce the efficiency of the system :erm:

post-34-1193455705.jpg

Good opportunity to clean all pumps too... but make sure you don't touch the impeller if you are to fly off tomorrow morning... you need to allow at least 2 days to source for a replacement if anything happens to the impeller... well you know how unpredicatable they can be sometimes :unsure:

post-34-1193455840.jpg

Make sure you clean your filter floss too... avoid using those really fine type to prevent clogging... if your holiday is to stretch a couple of weeks... you can opt not to have any filter floss... I will try to leave some gap for excess water to escape in case the filter floss clogged-up completely.

This is what happened to my filter floss compartment when I returned from a 2 week holiday from London last year... almost flooded :erm:

post-34-1193456086.jpg

Will go back office today and tomorrow to make sure things are properly in place... will share more later tonight :)

Meanwhile... appreciate if reefers can share their Tokyo experience with me... I can't find any LFS info and address on the net :( Any noteworthy attractions there (in terms of reefing) :bow:

Most of the fishes are in the sashimi and sushi restaurants :evil: Just enjoy your holiday :lol:

You can visit the Tsujiki fish market. Lots of live seafood for sale. Don't know how you going to bring them back.

Most probably will give Tsukiji Market a pass... will drop by Tokyo Sea Life Park :D

Make sure you clean your filter floss too... avoid using those really fine type to prevent clogging... if your holiday is to stretch a couple of weeks... you can opt not to have any filter floss... I will try to leave some gap for excess water to escape in case the filter floss clogged-up completely.

This is what happened to my filter floss compartment when I returned from a 2 week holiday from London last year... almost flooded :erm:

What I did this time round was simply add a sectioned pvc pipe to prevent flooding :)

post-34-1193539678.jpg

Took the opportunity to change 30% of total volume (2 x 15%, 3 days apart)... I have not been changing tank water for the past 2 months :blink:

The "fresher" water will help sustain the tank a bit longer if any disaster is to happen :erm:

post-34-1193540073.jpg

Talking about water... although I've got a Auto Freshwater Top-up in place... the freshwater available may not be sufficient to sustain 2 weeks of evaporation... I've prepared pre-filtered water in containers so that my caretaker (in this case my trusted designer) will just pour them 1 by 1 into the sump :)

post-34-1193540240.jpg