SOHO reef

yvoneysl

• Replies 613
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member

No la…just joking :lol:

Keep the LR in total darkness with good circulation, swish and dunk the rocks twice a week, with constant water changes for 6-8weeks

The purpose is to let the bacteria consume as much as organic material stored in/on the LR

Anything that need photosynthesis will die off… for my case, bryopsis (hair algae)

My priority now is to elimilate the hair algae :evil: kekeee

Don't worry, bacteria don’t need light to survive ... coralline algae can be re-seed back later in the main tank later

As I mention before, because of the anemone, mine is just 'semi cook' only…better than nothing :ph34r:

• SRC Member

I did the cooking for my rocks too. For almost 2 months although I intended it to be 6 weeks...But due to delay in replacement of tank, no choice. I must say that after cooking the problem of algae on the rocks is greatly reduced.

• SRC Member

jervismun

I introduce about 10 snails but they only kill 90% of the algaes...

I need to got rid the root of it :evil:

pingpong

Quick show yr mega LR... hammy say very very heavy :ph34r:

KennethK

No choice lar... she refuse to move... got to cook her together :(

• SRC Member
jervismun

I introduce about 10 snails but they only kill 90% of the algaes...

I need to got rid the root of it :evil:

pingpong

Quick show yr mega LR... hammy say very very heavy :ph34r:

KennethK

No choice lar... she refuse to move... got to cook her together :(

U want to try covering yr tank and only one area of yr cookng tank open to light. Have the light source there and something for the anemone to attach on. It may leave its original rock and move over to that area with light.

• SRC Member
I did the cooking for my rocks too. For almost 2 months although I intended it to be 6 weeks...But due to delay in replacement of tank, no choice. I must say that after cooking the problem of algae on the rocks is greatly reduced.

That's why yr LR look soooo nice... free of algeas :wub:

No la…just joking :lol:

Hey yours is not cooking then... there is really a process called LR COOKING :lol::lol::lol:

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• SRC Member
Hey yours is not cooking then... there is really a process called LR COOKING   

:blink: can share yr cooking process u know of :lol:

Here mine;

Keep LR in total darkness

Once a week removed all LR, Scrubbed, swished,dunked,blasted follow by Water change with 100% new SW.

Repeated this for 6-8 weeks until the detritus did not come anymore

• SRC Member
why reefing so shiong one :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

my mother always tell me "rest is sweet followed work well done" so yar lar, this is the bonding process where you put your heart, sweat, soul, blood into the aquarium and you become part of it. hahahahahhaha!

hey use tangs to eat algae. i think its very much more fun that way. SF tang will eat green hairy algae, bristletooths to eat microalgae. natural balance!

---------------------------------------------

The Deep Blue Sea in My HDB!

http://myfishyroomates.blogspot.com

• SRC Member

my mother always tell me "rest is sweet followed work well done" so yar lar, this is the bonding process where you put your heart, sweat, soul, blood into the aquarium and you become part of it. hahahahahhaha!

hey use tangs to eat algae. i think its very much more fun that way. SF tang will eat green hairy algae, bristletooths to eat microalgae. natural balance!

Wait til u have bryopsis. Wat tang oso no use.

• SRC Member

what is bryopsis? use army tang?

googling it, it reminds me of turtleweed? maybe can use turtle lor. your tank big enuff! hahahahahha

---------------------------------------------

The Deep Blue Sea in My HDB!

http://myfishyroomates.blogspot.com