Reef Octopus Protein Skimmer

Assillian

dude, considering that you used to use AquaC and deltec, i dun think the reef octopus will be up to ur standard. :)

However, for the recirculating model, the skimmer body is very identical to deltec. Perhaps can do some DIY, change the pump or something for more powerful results.

300 Gallon Reef Paradise

6X2.5X2.5 FT Tank : 4x2x2 ft sump : 2x1x2 ft refugim

Skimmer: Deltec AP851

Calcium Reactor:

Lightings: Aqualight T5 Retrofit, 150 watt MH X2

Chiller: Hailea HC-500A model w/ Aquabee 2000

Ozonizer: Hailea HLO-300 Digital ozonizer

Wavemaker: Tunze 6080, Tunze 6060

Return Pumps: Aquabee 5000 x2

Other equipments: Aquabee 2000, Quietone 1200, 5L Co2 Cylinder w/ Dupla regulator

American Marine Wireless Thermometer

Reefing is a dedication, not a competition.

I think the normal 1 has to be placed in sump (which i assume u dun ahve considering u are building a nano).

The recirculating one sld be a better option for you, but it will definately cost more.

How about considering Deltec MCE model? I know its slightly expensive. . :D

300 Gallon Reef Paradise

Calcium Reactor:

Other equipments: Aquabee 2000, Quietone 1200, 5L Co2 Cylinder w/ Dupla regulator

i'm currently using the recirculating model....smallest one....n i would say the product is indeed value for money.....the only cencern is that the nw pump is a bit too weak...i believe that it would be a great product if u change the nw pump.....i only wonder which pump would fit the size.....coz i also wan to change the pump too...

i'm currently using the recirculating model....smallest one....n i would say the product is indeed value for money.....the only cencern is that the nw pump is a bit too weak...i believe that it would be a great product if u change the nw pump.....i only wonder which pump would fit the size.....coz i also wan to change the pump too...

OR is suitable for the Skimmer... But you will need to import the NW impeller from online shops... Cos those sold in Singapore do not have NW impeller...

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

I am using the Recirculating Model... The second medium model... I find the performance very decent and acceptable... I find that normally the smallest model for Reef octopus is not very good.. The 2nd model onwards is quite good and worth the price...

Member of:

OR is suitable for the Skimmer... But you will need to import the NW impeller from online shops... Cos those sold in Singapore do not have NW impeller...

I understand from another reefer that OR pump must be placed on the floor, which means it can't be position standing such as onto the RO recirculating model.

Perhaps its possible to consider other models such as eheim or aquabee. .

300 Gallon Reef Paradise

Calcium Reactor:

I understand from another reefer that OR pump must be placed on the floor, which means it can't be position standing such as onto the RO recirculating model.

Perhaps its possible to consider other models such as eheim or aquabee. .

I think as long as the hose size is compatible, should be able to replace the RO pump....

Member of: