anyone knows how to cure white spots?

• SRC Member

Brother....do a search....there is numerous forums on this problem in SRC.

Anyway, a few lazy ways would be:

1) Black out the tank for a few days (2-3 days depending on the amount of corals you have)

2) Feed the fish with Garlic soak shrimps

3) Dose those expensive "Kill Ich" solution! <_<

Honestly the above still will not solve the problem but it can at least built up the fish strength to fight the ich!

To be safe, before you add your new fish.....quarrantine them.....dip them in fresh water.

You can also try by isolating the new fish in a beta box in the main tank for a few days before releasing it into the tank....else the resident fishes will harass the poor tense fish.

Good luck and may the force be with you! ;)

i use anti-ich already bec no use any tips? thanks

Hi bro! Curing an ich? I believe the only way is to do a hypo treatment which I believe is going to be a very painful experience coz you need a lot of patience on the process which will take at least 1 & half mth inorder to complete the full process. You might wanna read this article before you start buying unnecessary ich medicine. Happy remedy & good luck yah!

Marine_Ich_Cryptocaryon_irritans___A_Discussion_of_this_Parasite_and_the_Treatment_Options_Available__Part_I_by_Steven_Pro___Reefkeeping_com.htm

• Moderators

Halo, not sure how old is your tank.

But itch do appear more commonly in newly established tank.

Once your tank has matured with proper system running. Est about 9 - 12months. The itch thing generally become lesser issue.

Putting in a new fish into a mature tank may also be a casue for itch outbreak. Just my 2 cents worth.

Tom