angel collection fulfill

bigbird

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member

Thx a lot. Hope they will live in peace, without going crazy and fight one day. A beautiful Queen angel in the Caribbean sea for all of you :thanks:

post-8-1159266397.jpg

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

One of my favourite fish only.

Give me one more chance....

this is indeed very nice collection of BIG angel, all look healthy and nice ....

so what is going to be ur next angel ??

2x1.5x1.5 tank

Lighting: AI hydra 52HD

Skimmer: Deltec SC 1455

Reactor: Minimax; rowaphos

Skimz  ; NP biopellets

Wave Maker: MP 40 WQD

Return pump: Eheim 1262

Chiller: Arctica 1/10 hp

A righteous man cares for the needs of his animal, but the kindest acts of the wicked are cruel -- Proverbs 12:10

• SRC Member
this is indeed very nice collection of BIG angel, all look healthy and nice ....

so what is going to be ur next angel ??

No more already? Next thing is tunze wave box.

Scribble angel ?ust rest first, $$$ :cry::cry::cry:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Big Bird, you are one guy all Angel lovers would aspire to. :bow: As for luck, I think you are just too modest. Surely you must have done something? Care to share? Was there fighting or aggression in the beginning? How long did it take for the bigger Angels to accept a new smaller Angel? Any change in the rockscape when you introduce a new Angel?

• SRC Member
Big Bird, you are one guy all Angel lovers would aspire to. :bow: As for luck, I think you are just too modest. Surely you must have done something? Care to share? Was there fighting or aggression in the beginning? How long did it take for the bigger Angels to accept a new smaller Angel? Any change in the rockscape when you introduce a new Angel?

Hi Bali Brain, thx :thanks: for seeing me so up :P . As my angel show no aggression towards one another perhaps of the space of my tank and my rock scrapping. What i alway do,

1, New fish, will be aclimatise for 2 days follow by 8 days of quarantine in a tub

with hypo treatment.

2, Train the angel to accept food from lettuce to pellets and the best hand feed.

As this method allow the fish to be confident of itself and no stress.

3, Fresh water dip for 5 min 3-4 times aday.

4, Place the fish in a plactic tank with holes to allow other to associate and this is

able to reduce aggression. Just put it this way, if you intro a new fish just

bought from a lfs, the species is already stress in the bag during the journey

home, then you release into the tank. The fish did not even have a chance

to be stable and immediately attack by others, this causes the fish lotsa stress

and injure, this is parasite are given chances to attack them.

5, Release it if you are confident about other fishes behaviour towards it. It may

take a week to 2 week.

6, Lastly, importantly, try as best to provide angel with food contain sprilina, as

mine, i alway mixed pellets (ocean nutrition formular 2) or frozen food with

Tropic marin Litovit( vitamin), Immuvit( sprilina powder) and garlic, and

alternate days with luttuce and nori seaweed.

Pic of fishes in the plastic tank

post-8-1159347680.jpg

Hey, the plastic box thing is exactly what I am doing! But I don't think I have the guts to do the hypo treatment and the freshwater dip. Wouldn't that give the fish more stress? And 2 days to acclimate? How do you do that? I normally take half a day, slowly mixing the tank water into the plastic bag (unless it's for shrimps in which case I'll take 3/4 day as they are very sensitive).

You know, all that fuss about Wayne Shang and his ability to have so many Angels in his tank. Here you are, with as many Angels, and more than that, 2 same species for 3 types of Angels in the same tank. Is that an achievement or what! :ooh:

• SRC Member
Hey, the plastic box thing is exactly what I am doing! But I don't think I have the guts to do the hypo treatment and the freshwater dip. Wouldn't that give the fish more stress? And 2 days to acclimate? How do you do that? I normally take half a day, slowly mixing the tank water into the plastic bag (unless it's for shrimps in which case I'll take 3/4 day as they are very sensitive).

You know, all that fuss about Wayne Shang and his ability to have so many Angels in his tank. Here you are, with as many Angels, and more than that, 2 same species for 3 types of Angels in the same tank. Is that an achievement or what! :ooh:

Sorry my acclimate is let the fish in the water with out medication and normal SG, not drip for 2 days :) achievement :erm: no i dont think so, you will never know what its going to happen next, just do my very best for them. :D

• SRC Member
Hey big bird, understand that fowlr tank's main issue is nitrate, how did you deal with that. from your equipment list don't see a denitrator, are you using a DSB / Plenum in your sump? Am asking because may want to start a 6 feet fowlr. Thanks

No i did not use any denitrator at all, my NO3 is high, i just change my water 25% a week thats all.

• SRC Member
woww :shock:

that 1 hell of an angel tank...congrates... :bow:

can tell how long hve u kept te angels...and any did u add any additives for the fishes ? all yr fishes look so healthy

and lastly u hv MH lightings..is that neccessary for the fishes ? TIA

The longest in my tank is the chrysurus, 2 yrs old. I got a pair, i sold one to a friend of mine, For theose show size like queen, chrysurus and king are only a month the rest is longer. As for additives, only balancing of PH, KH, daily dose of iodine and trace element, but as their diet play a part.

post-8-1159583077.jpg

• SRC Member
cool video bro...

:thanks::thanks:

Wow, that's a lot of fishes in the video! Bioload must be very heavy. What's the tank size and what's the number of fishes? What's the size of your skimmer?

I have a 5 by 2.5 by 2.5 and I have 18 fishes, including 4 larger ones ie Yellow Tang, Blueface, Emperor and Asfur. The rest are relatively small. I am rather hesitant about adding another Queen. What do you think?

• SRC Member
Wow, that's a lot of fishes in the video! Bioload must be very heavy. What's the tank size and what's the number of fishes? What's the size of your skimmer?

I have a 5 by 2.5 by 2.5 and I have 18 fishes, including 4 larger ones ie Yellow Tang, Blueface, Emperor and Asfur. The rest are relatively small. I am rather hesitant about adding another Queen. What do you think?

bio load alright video show partial of the tank size, only 5 big fish the rest is 6 inches and 3 inches. tank is 7 x 3 x 2.5, as skimmer i use ASM G5 and just add in a Deltec sulfur reactor, hope it works.

I finally took the plunge!

I bought the Queen (a real beauty about 4 inches) despite the fact that I already have an Emperor (about 5"), a Blue face (about 7") and an Asfur (about 4.5") (in order of purchase). I also have a Yellow Tang (about 4"), which should be renamed Yellow Terror, as it is extremely territorial annd aggressive, being the longest resident, more than 3 years.

I was rather apprehensive about the aggression in introducing a smaller Angel to the tank, and was resigned to a few flying scales, at the very least.

Well, surprise, surprise! The Queen took to swimming with the rest of the fishes right from the start, with very little aggression from the other fishes. This really debunks the myth that Angels will always be aggressive against other Angels and conspecifics.

My experience so far:

1. The Emperor and the Yellow Tang harrassed and attacked a new Copperband relentlessly and eventually killed it - all from different families, different colours.

2. When first introduced, the bigger Blueface swam around lazily and was not much bothered about the Emperor, only showing its irritability when they come close to each other. The smaller Emperor, though a more aggressive fish, avoided the bigger fish.

3. When the Asfur was introduced, the Yellow Tang kept harassing it and chasing it into a corner - again different family, different colours. Yet no Angel to Angel aggression shown by the other Angels. other than the occassional chasing as they would with any other fish.

4. And finally, the Queen which was also mainly ignored, other than the occassional chasing. Only the Asfur showed a flared fin aggressiveness but no real damage. The Yellow Tang did not show the same beligerence as it did with the Asfur.

So how do you figure??? Nothing is as expected! :ooh:

• SRC Member

congrat on ur new queen fish bro. is it feedin already bro. IMO fishes is like human too. when a gangster meet a gangster, they wil fight. when a nerdy meet a nerdy, they wil make frenz. so same go wit fishes too. u jus need luck as not to get a gangster fish... hehehe....

• SRC Member
I finally took the plunge!

I bought the Queen (a real beauty about 4 inches) despite the fact that I already have an Emperor (about 5"), a Blue face (about 7") and an Asfur (about 4.5") (in order of purchase). I also have a Yellow Tang (about 4"), which should be renamed Yellow Terror, as it is extremely territorial annd aggressive, being the longest resident, more than 3 years.

I was rather apprehensive about the aggression in introducing a smaller Angel to the tank, and was resigned to a few flying scales, at the very least.

Well, surprise, surprise! The Queen took to swimming with the rest of the fishes right from the start, with very little aggression from the other fishes. This really debunks the myth that Angels will always be aggressive against other Angels and conspecifics.

My experience so far:

1. The Emperor and the Yellow Tang harrassed and attacked a new Copperband relentlessly and eventually killed it - all from different families, different colours.

2. When first introduced, the bigger Blueface swam around lazily and was not much bothered about the Emperor, only showing its irritability when they come close to each other. The smaller Emperor, though a more aggressive fish, avoided the bigger fish.

3. When the Asfur was introduced, the Yellow Tang kept harassing it and chasing it into a corner - again different family, different colours. Yet no Angel to Angel aggression shown by the other Angels. other than the occassional chasing as they would with any other fish.

4. And finally, the Queen which was also mainly ignored, other than the occassional chasing. Only the Asfur showed a flared fin aggressiveness but no real damage. The Yellow Tang did not show the same beligerence as it did with the Asfur.

So how do you figure??? Nothing is as expected! :ooh:

Was reading your post about your experience concerning aggression of fishes towards each other. I added a blue lip angelfish to my tank which has a yellow tang yesterday and now my angelfish is half dead. The yellow tang kept attacking it and I didn't realise how bad it was until I got home from work just now. Can see the body of the angelfish is all bruised and there are open sores at some places. I've isolated the angelfish in a plastic basket now but not sure whether it will survive. Heart pain man.

Do you guys have any suggestion as to how to "nurse" the angelfish back to health?