1½ft tank Planning stage

limsteel

Intending to start up a 1½ft nano tank for my office. I will put more attention on the filteraton... I intended to outfit it with 3 Hangon filter... ASSUMING the 3 should fit nicely to the back of the tank.

1. HangOnBack filter attached with small PL light (using it as a Refugium, NO3 export)

2. Atman HangOnBack filter with surface skimming attachment. (Filled with Rowa, P removal)

3. Jebo or Jebao HangOnBack filter with Protein Skimmer function. (organic waste removal)

4. few small powerhead for circulation.

Anyone tried ITEM 3 before? (can't seems to find anything on jebo or jebao) any reviews?

SCAPE: Aragonite Sand, Rocks, later Mushrooms, Hammer, buttons, Star Polys,.

Lighting: 2 x 24W PL (1xwhite, 1xblue or 2x10000K)

LS: Clowns, gobies, shrimp (Blood & Cleaner)

Salt: RedSea or Corallife

Anyone got anymore suggestions?

i would suggest u do away with the hang on filter as they are highly ineffective .

if without a sump, get a canister and dump whatever u want inside . neater and more presentable.

get corallife salt

2x1.5x1.5 tank

Lighting: AI hydra 52HD

Skimmer: Deltec SC 1455

Reactor: Minimax; rowaphos

Skimz  ; NP biopellets

Wave Maker: MP 40 WQD

Return pump: Eheim 1262

Chiller: Arctica 1/10 hp

A righteous man cares for the needs of his animal, but the kindest acts of the wicked are cruel -- Proverbs 12:10

Fast reply! Thanks...

Many would say the cannister is a NO3 factory unless maintenance is performed frequently. Organic waste builtup within will post a NO3 threat to the tank. Mantenance is also a drag and office space limited.

As the tank is small, 3 low efficiency Hangons should be enough right? (ease of adding, removing & Cleaning of filter media)

• SRC Member

i'm running a small nano (1 footer) in office. N03 is not detectable and alage growth is 0. Don't even need to clean glass......;)

I'm using a small hang-on filter. 18w PL lights. Seio 320 for current. 1 demsel and zoos with mushroon...feeding is about 3 times a day....i have put in a small air-stone skimmer....but its really not for skimming, rather to keep the tank cool when there is no aircon (a air bubble skimmer keeps salt spray in control....;))

Personally, i think i was able to keep N03 low becuase of 2 critical component.....use of DI water for top up. change of salt water 2 times a week (2 cups each time, but siphoning out the dirts)

Fast reply! Thanks...

Many would say the cannister is a NO3 factory unless maintenance is performed frequently. Organic waste builtup within will post a NO3 threat to the tank. Mantenance is also a drag and office space limited.

As the tank is small, 3 low efficiency Hangons should be enough right? (ease of adding, removing & Cleaning of filter media)

for ease of removal and maintainence, the hang on will be a lot easier than canister. i am still old school as i use canister without sump and i do maintainence once a month. the amount of dirt in the canister is incridible of course !

just measure my NO3, 10ppm ... IMO is low and i will not try to bring it further down. i thnk a skimmer is better without one.

ur NO3 will largely depend on ur number of fishes. for less maintainese, keep a pair of nemo will be great !

as for lighting, 1 blue , 1 white is better for viewing pleasure as 2 x 10k will be too yellow.

Jebao HangOnBack filter with Protein Skimmer function: i have a friend using that. noisy and lotsa micro bubbles return back to man unit . in the end my friend just use it as a filter by switching off the air valve.

2x1.5x1.5 tank

Lighting: AI hydra 52HD

Skimmer: Deltec SC 1455

Reactor: Minimax; rowaphos

Skimz  ; NP biopellets

Wave Maker: MP 40 WQD

Return pump: Eheim 1262

Chiller: Arctica 1/10 hp

A righteous man cares for the needs of his animal, but the kindest acts of the wicked are cruel -- Proverbs 12:10

• SRC Member

good idea to put 3 hang-on filter with the various functions well thought out - worth a try. with your bioload low, this could work very well. Set it up and give it a try. To me, a skimmer is always important, for 1.5ft may if space permi, put a weipro 2011 for efficient skimming power or an external proper skimmer. the air stone type is in my opinion, a waste of time and resources (low efficieny, frequent change of wooden airstone etc)

Get it up and try.