Korean Chiller

nutx

• SRC Member

Hi,

Went to the shop selling this Korean Chiller in Boon Keng Rd, as mentioned in some earlier threads.

Confirmed that they are claiming their 200W chiller (1/6hp) can chill 4-5ft, Average operating hours is about 8-10hrs per day. maintaining temp at 25-26.

using Titanium Coil.

Temp reading is 1 decimal point, chiller turn on every 0.5 degree (fixed cannot change)

Their display tank, a 4x1.5x1.5 planted tank, using 2or 3 Fl light is running at 25.5.

The Boss claimed can give guarantee and money back if cannot chill at 25-26degree. (but he also mentioned for marine tank, the initial chilling will be slightly longer)

Sound a bit off the 'norm' ley...when we are looking at minimum 0.5hp or even 1+hp for a 4ft and above tank.

And some 0.5hp taiwan brand cannot bring the temp down below 27-28....

Hence, would like to check anyone using it, and how is the performance.

:thanks:

Their display tank, a 4x1.5x1.5 planted tank, using 2or 3 Fl light is running at 25.5.

This tank is around 254 ltr (if fill up to the rim)

A common marine tank of 4x2x2ft is 454 ltr

Difference is 200 ltr or 78% more in volume

Furthermore, you'll need more than 2/3 FL lights. This will increase temp further.

Don't think the chiller still cools :)

• SRC Member

Artica website has a chiller size calculator:http://www.jbjlighting.com/prod_chiller_size.asp

Not sure if you can use it for other brand. This brand distributor said its 1/10HP can cool my 3ft+2ft sump. I went to the caculator and add in the lights, pump wattage and the recommended one is 1/5HP (next up). I am thinking of getting the 1/5HP but is waiting till Aquarama exhibition to see if there is any special price...2 more weeks only... :D

• SRC Member

Hi crab,

I noticed abt the different in the 'Heating' agent.... ;)

but the boss like got 'ink'...telling me that for marine tank, bec of the higher 'water density' with the LR, etc, need to get the next higher capacity.

And a customer of theirs I meet claimed that he is using for his 6ft using the 1/6hp.!!!!:shock:

When I asked why so Different from the other brand abt the hp cooling capacity....he mentioned abt the the compressor design, coil, and internal cooling system of the chiller itself.....sound so pro to me who know nothing abt mechanical stuff...... :pinch:

btw, the price is not cheap, 1/6 is similar or higher than those 1/2hp price of other brand....

I'm considering this bec of low running cost....provided it can chill my tank!

:D

Hi crab,

I noticed abt the different in the 'Heating' agent.... ;)

but the boss like got 'ink'...telling me that for marine tank, bec of the higher 'water density' with the LR, etc, need to get the next higher capacity.

And a customer of theirs I meet claimed that he is using for his 6ft using the 1/6hp.!!!!:shock:

When I asked why so Different from the other brand abt the hp cooling capacity....he mentioned abt the the compressor design, coil, and internal cooling system of the chiller itself.....sound so pro to me who know nothing abt mechanical stuff...... :pinch:

btw, the price is not cheap, 1/6 is similar or higher than those 1/2hp price of other brand....

I'm considering this bec of low running cost....provided it can chill my tank!

:D

I hope you know ML at Hong Leong is giving a very VERY good deal on one of its Eido 1.1hp chillers. (=

urh sorry if I sound like I'm hijacking this thread. (=