Chiller rest period.

mansiz

• SRC Member

Sorry to piggy-back on your thread. I'd like to know if I can switch off the chiller when the tank temp is cool enough.

I set it to 28c but thermometer in the tank shows 26.6c. I just install the chiller today. It's a Resun 450 & my tank is 2ft.

Member of:

n34281892381_7606.jpg

You do not have to switch it off. If the real temp is 26.6 DegreeC, then just let it be 26.6 DegreeC, it won't do any harm. Not to worry too much, because the temp won't further decrease. My thermometer also shown 26++ while my chiller is 27 DegreeC. :lol: Btw can help me to see whether how long your chiller is resting? I really need to do this survey as my chiller seems to work rather frequent. Bro ming69, what powerhead are you using for pumping water into your chiller? I'm wondering if mine is too low.

• SRC Member

Resun 450, 2ft tank with IOS. Pump 1800L.

I'm not sure how often the chiller kicks in. Didn't hear it very often. My guess is that either the water is cool enough so it doesn't have to do much coolling, or can't hear it b'cos of noisy kids around the house.

Member of:

n34281892381_7606.jpg