distruption of power supply

Mine one have a power disruption of 9 hours. I did'nt do anything, and they all survive well. You have chiller right? if you have, then not to worry, cas the temp can last for quite some time. Because all of your heat generator will stop as well mah. :lol:

• Moderators

2 hours should be fine. I had experience a 3 hr+ shutdown for my 6ft tank with lots of stocks.

What I did was to ensure my MH is not turn on prior to the shutdown so that there is no chance of further warming of the water. Coz chiller may be chilling the tank mid way thru when the power disruption happen.

Run a battery operated like what dleecool mentioned if you want to feel safer.

Tom

2 hours should be fine. I had experience a 3 hr+ shutdown for my 6ft tank with lots of stocks.

What I did was to ensure my MH is not turn on prior to the shutdown so that there is no chance of further warming of the water. Coz chiller may be chilling the tank mid way thru when the power disruption happen.

Run a battery operated like what dleecool mentioned if you want to feel safer.

there is once my area has a power failure for 1 hrs.

what i do was to stir my water surface once in a while. sound a bit stupid lah ;)

2x1.5x1.5 tank

Lighting: AI hydra 52HD

Skimmer: Deltec SC 1455

Reactor: Minimax; rowaphos

Skimz  ; NP biopellets

Wave Maker: MP 40 WQD

Return pump: Eheim 1262

Chiller: Arctica 1/10 hp

A righteous man cares for the needs of his animal, but the kindest acts of the wicked are cruel -- Proverbs 12:10

• SRC Member
there is once my area has a power failure for 1 hrs.

what i do was to stir my water surface once in a while. sound a bit stupid lah 

nah... not stupid..... very wise.......this is especially critical for sps ... helps remove the slime from the body of the sps as well as oxygenating the water...

:sick: Hi reefers ,

my residential estate, will b having power distruption for 2 hrs this 7th of nov.and I am totally lost on whether my tank communities can survive for these period of time.Do need your opinion and safety measures to take to prevent casualities.Thanks

R u staying in jurong west??? I also got 1 too which going to last 2 hrs....

• SRC Member

Contact the contractor who is in charge of the power supply cut-off. Inform him of your predicament. The objective of this communication is for you to receive an alternative power supply from the contractor. It has been done before, you should be successful in applying for an alternative power supply.

Hope this helps! :)

nivlahog-yes Im staying at jurong west st 24..this 7th of nov...the power will ceased for 2 hrs..to all bros out there thanks for your suggestion and past experience.thanks again...better play safe put a battery pump. :nc:

Hey bro, I guess we are staying in the same area!!! who know same blk...haha mine is 271C, hw abt u??? maybe can meet for kopi when free... :)

• SRC Member

Dont wori. My plc sometime got power shut off for few hrs. But it will only last for 1hr as they did the work quite fast. All fishes survived. But if you are keeping FlameAngel, monitor tat fella. My friend's angel died after 30mins without power.

Good luck

maybe you people can get a UPS to power up your pump or some equipment at least.

Not chiller for sure because if you use the UPS to run the chiller, the battery of the UPS will run flat soon.

You can go to major UPS website like www.apc.com or www.mgeups.com

and they have online calculator to help you size the UPS needed for the running time of your equipment based on wattage of your equipment you want to run.

Typically the damage for a decent UPS will set you back by around $90-130 for the 2 above mentioned brand depending which model you get.

• 2 weeks later...