seamonkee

• SRC Member

I need some advice from PC hardware experts... I have a:

CPU: Intel 940 Pentium Dual Core 3.2GHz

Motherboard: Asus P5LD2 Deluxe LGA775 I945P

Casing: CoolerMaster Centurion 534

My CPU temperature reading is at 57 degree Celsius

And my motherboard temperature reading is at 47 degree Celsius

Recently, my PC keep hanging and I suspect its the heat (A bit hot when I open up the CPU casing...

Is the above reading too hot?

Thanks

• SRC Member

Recently, my PC keep hanging and I suspect its the heat (A bit hot when I open up the CPU casing...

Thanks

Its definetly hot.did you install fans to blow out the heat in the cpu?if yes,do try to install one or two more.if this continues,the heat is going to shorten your processor and motherboard's lifespan.

• SRC Member

at 57degrees for the CPU, its very hot. mine is around 40-43 degrees, with the internal of the casing around 33 degress. if possible change to a FULL COPPER heatsink, draws out heat super well, and ensure there is adequate airflow in and out of the tank. meaning if your casing has 2 fans blowing into the case, you better haf 2 fans blowing out. i cant remember how de cooler master look like already, haven stepped into my old hangout (sim lim sq) for like voer half a year already.. no money to sustain my both hobbies.. hahaa.. check thru the system, is there a good exchange of air? most likely it could be the heat exhange within the casing.

anyway my cpu used to operate around 55 degrees, it still works fine, but its lifespan will jus shorten quite a bit... if you are really keen on lowering the cpu temp to sub 20s, use a liquic cooler. those kind dat uses refridgerant. costs around 400 over. dun hafta worry bout heat, but more of CONDENSATION tt will cause short circuit.. haha....

anyway if the system is overheating, the MB will emit a beeping sound b4 shutting down. do you hear that? if not, the problem might not be hardware as you think. could be software...

• Moderators

Thanks

Hi,

Another thing u need to note is the placing of your PC. Allow enough air flow bloth front & back. I always noticed that people always placed there PC in a corner where there is proper no ventilation to save space.

At 57 deg C, it is definitely running at a high temp. This could be a reason why ur system "hang" but may not be 100%. It could also be your HDD as the high air temp in your casing will lead to HDD "overheating".

Tom

did u remember to apply heatsink compound between your cpu n heatsink?

For AMD chip 40-50+ degrees is normal and system will still be stable... i dunno about P4s.

and if your bios isnt warning u about overheating its possible that u may have disabled the alert function in your bios.

• SRC Member
did u remember to apply heatsink compound between your cpu n heatsink?

For AMD chip 40-50+ degrees is normal and system will still be stable... i dunno about P4s.

and if your bios isnt warning u about overheating its possible that u may have disabled the alert function in your bios.

I suspect that could be the case.... I used the heatsink coumpound when I built the PC but somehow it just don't seem to "cover enough" of the area...

Where can I get more of the compound paste? Is it sold separately?

Thks

Will add some more fans too...