PingPong's First (AquaMedic Percula 90)

pingpong

• SRC Member

Hi all,

Guess it is time for me to post something to share/document the progress of my very fist marine tank.

It started on 20 Nov 06, when I took delivery of this fine tank:

70499658.jpg

Progress for this tank is kinda of slow as I'm still learning/reading up. Also fully occupied with work and family commitments.

After chionging to the LFS for a couple of times, i finally managed to get the source of life:

Crystal Pro DI

70791434.jpg

This kinda started my frustration and caused more delay to the progress of the tank......

• Replies 623
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• SRC Member

why frustration?

ai... cause the default 3/4" garden hose adaptor of the Crystal Pro does not fit the tap from my house. I stay in HDB, no garden, so doesn't have garden hose.. :lol::lol:

eh.. no DI water no tank... so gotta look hunt for adaptor... and it took me 2 trips to Home Fix to get the darn adaptor:

70791435.jpg

got DI water also need good salt, and i got this :lol::lol: :

70792438.jpg

......to be continued..........

wah, jervis didn't clean the tank for you. :lol:

Hehe... :look::look::look:

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• SRC Member
why frustration?

ai... cause the default 3/4" garden hose adaptor of the Crystal Pro does not fit the tap from my house. I stay in HDB, no garden, so doesn't have garden hose.. :lol::lol:

eh.. no DI water no tank... so gotta look hunt for adaptor... and it took me 2 trips to Home Fix to get the darn adaptor:

70791435.jpg

got DI water also need good salt, and i got this :lol::lol: :

70792438.jpg

......to be continued..........

i use this

post-34-1164555672.jpg

Current tank

Past tank

Progress for this tank is kinda of slow as I'm still learning/reading up. Also fully occupied with work and family commitments.

Don't rush bro... just progress slowly... or else... you will be put in a position... "you choose, tank or me?" :lol::lol::lol:

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• SRC Member

Don't rush bro... just progress slowly... or else... you will be put in a position... "you choose, tank or me?" :lol::lol::lol:

ya, dun wan to rush too.. but at least need to clear up the mess in SK, before wifey and babies shift back...else sure kenna.... :nuke::nuke:

• SRC Member

.....progress is slow but at least things are moving.. esp when I'm staying with parents in Hougang (HG) and the tank is in my own place in SengKang (SK)... so i only have time to go SK when i settle and fulfil role as Son, Husband and Father... :lol::lol:

tried to fill the tank with DI water, and at the rate of the output of the Crystal Pro, I estimate that it would take like 2-3 days to fill up the P90....

half-way into filling the tank, found that my poor AquaBee 1000 is too weak to give the P90 any flow... :(:(

and Tunze Nano Stream (Santa if you heard me please give this to me as my X'mas present! :thanks: ) is out of stock @ AM, so no choice got to settle with the Seio 1100 for the time being (got it brand new at good price too):

70791437.jpg

... to be continued..............

PP don't be easy... I wanna see Percula 90 filled with sand and water!!!! :lol::lol::lol:

• SRC Member

Daily update:

ok i have finally dumped in like 20kg of Grade 1 sand into the P90... and will add in the following good stuff when i get the salinity right:

70500292.jpg

in the meanwhile me also busy visiting libraries (from Woodlands to Bukit Merah) to borrow books.......now i have on my hand:

1. The Conscientious Marine Aquarist by Robert Fenner

2. The New Marine Aquarium: Step-by-step Setup & stocking Guide by Michael Paletta

3. Ultimate Marine Aquariums by Michael Paletta

so many books...keke.. my mama will be proud of me...... :paiseh:

• SRC Member

:peace::peace:

i was wandering why there are $10 Hydrometer and $100 Refractometer.....both measures the specific gravity or salinity mah... :blink: ...

but now i understand why ppl pay so much for the Refractometer, here is my new toy : :wub:

70999074.jpg

70999075.jpg

70999073.jpg

a very elegant piece of measurement equipment i must say, easy to use too.. :bow::bow: to the inventor...

Need to use distilled water to calibrate the refractometer, but hey it is spot on out of the box, no calibration needed...measurement of my tank water is about 1.022.... and guess what is the measurement of my Hydrometer 70999116.jpg

:cry2::cry2: 1.018-1.019 wor.........

ok.. salinity is about there liao... can add the live sand... :evil:

one final view of my CLEAR tank:

70999076.jpg

part of my 20kg Grade 1 sand:

70999114.jpg

and with the Live Sand, sand storm wor....

70999148.jpg

k folks that's all for tonight...

sorry i can't help but share with you all my favorite piece of equipment:

70499665.jpg

I'm glad you invested in that refractometer... I got a piece too... nice :)

Wah that pink glove... really cannot take it... I must go your place... abduct your pinkie tonight... I know you are not at your home now :lol::lol::lol: