Is Stainless Steel stand really not prone to rust?

A bit of general knowledge to share as well....

For Stainless steel, there are different grades:

the more common grades are the [304] grades,

better ones would be [630] grade; the best would be [316L] grade.

If you wanna check if your stainless steel product will rust anot, just use a Magnet to test. If it sticks, it implys that there are existence of [iron], which will rust.

Wood still the best. then again, apply a couple of layers of Nippon water proof paint over would be a wise choice to ensure long lasting beauty...

hehehe

A bit of general knowledge to share as well....

For Stainless steel, there are different grades:

the more common grades are the [304] grades,

better ones would be [630] grade; the best would be [316L] grade.

If you wanna check if your stainless steel product will rust anot, just use a Magnet to test. If it sticks, it implys that there are existence of [iron], which will rust.

Wood still the best. then again, apply a couple of layers of Nippon water proof paint over would be a wise choice to ensure long lasting beauty...

hehehe

Please advise if you know of any type of paint for sale in Singapore, to enable me to protect my stainless stand from rusting. I would like if possable to obtain some form of clear protective coating. I must have the low grade stainless, that is gathering a slight surface rust.

• SRC Member

buy the "metallite" paint from the handifix diy store.

Will seal your current rust and prevent rust...according to label...will prevent rust for 5 years or longer if you use it correctly.

I've used it on 2 stands and no rust yet on one stand that I painted about 2 years ago.

not cheap paint...but really good.