pair clown massing sand bed

• SRC Member

hey bro/sis,

Need advise :look: why my pair of true percular clown keep massing my sand bed ??? :( (mating or wat???)

Bought from reefer here about 3 weeks old. (sleep well eat well leh)

kept it in my office a 1ft tank with hangon filter, just 2 of them with some small lr n 1" sand bed........... please help :bow:

:thanks:

• SRC Member

hey my clowns bite the hammer coral. and then lose appetite don't wanna eat. someone tell me the clown going to spawn. i think its more like going up the lorry

---------------------------------------------

The Deep Blue Sea in My HDB!

http://myfishyroomates.blogspot.com

• SRC Member
my tomato use to have this problem too.. they are just letting other fish or each other to know that thats their own terrioty.

no leh :blink: dun think so coz only two of them here leh :kiss:

most of the time the female will shake her body agains the sand bed then follow by the male leh.......... something like she 3 times n he 1 time :eyeblur:

any advise pls........ :bow:

• 4 weeks later...

My clowns have been doing that every since about 1 week plus after introduction into the tank...Now already 4 months le...they are still doing the same thing together...haha...I think they are just paired up most probably...they keep using their tail and wager to push the sand aside until got a hole then like their territory...no other fish also will like that one...cos they are the first fishes i got...As long as they are feeding fine and healthy, then shouldn't be a problem...

• SRC Member

I think they are just arranging their home the way they like it. My maroon clown pair also pushes rocks away when I put the rocks in a place that the clowns don't like. I've seen my 2.5inch clown push a rock off a ledge, and the rock is about 1kg!