Anybody can experience of their hermit crab?

• SRC Member
Hi..i'm planning to get some hermit crab like blue-legged and left handed hermit crab...i read that they are peaceful tank inhabitants...anybody have exceptional experience with these creatures?...can they be kept with cleaner shrimp??

got a blue hermit... quite peaceful and not picky at food..... wanna give up both blue hermit and boxer... if you are interested you may get them from me for $5/-? they are ok with cleaner shrimps.

...what are u missing from your life?... dun wait till your last breathe before telling them that you care

I have a hermit carb that i bought from ML sometime back...

It's a peaceful little creature always on the move in search for food.

It didn't cause any harm to my coral so i guess it's safe.

But i'm not too sure abt the larger one.

They might attck the snail for their shell for growth but mine didn't because my turbo snail is much bigger than the little bugger... :P

i've quite a number of hermit crabs of several species and they are all ok with my skunk cleaner and blood shrimps. The reason that the hermit crabs will kill snails is when there's no larger shells for them to change to. So make sure you've some empty shells for it. They are lovely scavengers but can be a nuisance to topple your corals. Make sure you secure your corals well :).