The Big Day! 5x2.5x2.5

Tanggy

• Sponsor

Well the tank guys came to fix piping yesterday. but cannot finish cos need to complete some laminating on the cabinet before all piping can go in. :(

I also need to get a skimmer soon. Anybody got any lobang or know of anyone selling off their skimmer? (beckett or needlewheel for a 1000lt+)

what about a brand new deltec? let me know if u are interested....definately the cheapest price around.... :lol:

cheers

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Sponsor
I would be but also depend on the size required for my tank. bigger the size, bigger the $. ke ke :P

bigger the size, no problem in controlling ur neutrients...can feed like crazy also no problem.

that is why i opt for a BK300 ext for my 6footer

• 1 month later...
  • SRC Member

Hi bro. better be careful with that quiet one pump. its quite prone to breaking now. I have one in my store room. Used for 1 month and it is super duper loud.

I have read similiar reviews of this pump on the net too. Or maybe I am the few unlucky ones. :(

I like the innovativeness of cutting the cabinet floor board to allow the skimmer to sink in... brilliant :bow:

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• SRC Member

hi tanggy. just saw this tread and really impress with your tank set up.

currently i hv 4fts tank + sump fowlr with full height cabinet. i thought of upgrading to 6fts fowlr tank.

do you mind if i get some adivise&opinion from you?pls sms me@98453428 whenever ur free.

thx:

mag

• Sponsor
hi tanggy. just saw this tread and really impress with your tank set up.

currently i hv 4fts tank + sump fowlr with full height cabinet. i thought of upgrading to 6fts fowlr tank.

do you mind if i get some adivise&opinion from you?pls sms me@98453428 whenever ur free.

thx:

mag

bro Mag,

U get poisoned ya after surfing too much in SRC....

im also a 4ft upgraded to a 6ft....hehehe :lol:

• SRC Member

bro your tank looks AWESOME! Breathtaking totally lar! woah! hey post some pictures on SRC lar, easier for us to see man! very very nice!

eh wait sorry, those were past pictures. hahaha! where are ur current ones?

---------------------------------------------

The Deep Blue Sea in My HDB!

http://myfishyroomates.blogspot.com

• 2 weeks later...
hey tanggy...any updates on the tank? what's it lookin like now? :)

Yeah... show us some FTS :lol:

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• 2 weeks later...

Oh dear... well... it's unfortunate... but sometimes happen at the initial stage :cry2::cry2::cry2:

• SRC Member

The tank is still cycling 2weeks after a diaster. I had transfered 5 old fishes from my old tank and they doing well. A powder brown tang was added cos my wife liked the fish.

It develop white spot which I had anticipated but I didnt exspect the white spots to be that bad. Maybe the effect was worst in a new tank. :(

• SRC Member

I have a naso about 6 inches that got it and died after fighting it for 2weeks. It died within the rocks. The Blue Tang(5 inch and very harddy and 4 yrs old) also got it and died soon after also within the rocks.

As the dead fishes was not within reached, I was not able to get the bodies out and decided to left nature do its work. But it was a mistake probably because the tank is so new. I think the bio load from these 2 big fish overload the system and the tank had a crash. :( sob sob... my first in 5yrs of reefing... :( the remaining

• SRC Member

The water turned a little milky and I did a partial water change the next day but the remainding few fishes went over the next few days. My poor fish... Xin tong... they were from my old tank and a few years old. :(

Casualty due ti disea followed by crash :(

Naso Tang - 6inch

Regal /Blue Tang - 5inch

Yellow Tang - 4 Inch

Sailfin Tang - 4 Inch

Mated Gold Maroon pair - 2.5 & 1.5 inch

Power Brown Tang 3 inch - the trigger of this disaster. :angry:

:(

poor thing .....

Humble tank :

Size: 4x2.5x2 ft - Display 

Equipment :

Return 1 : Ecotech marine L1

Return 2 : Ecotech marine M1

CR : Skimz CM122 - Caribsea extra course media with Grotech magnesium

Light : ATI 8x54W

Sorry to hear that.... Are you going to add one of those addictive/bacteria that speed up the recycling of tank? Might help to build up the bacteria faster since the water is very nutritious now... :eyebrow:

3.5ft X 2 ft X 2.5 ft

Deltec Protein Skimmer AP 600 - Eheim Compact 1000

Deltec - NF 509

Teco RA 640 Chiller - Aqua-Bee UP 2000i Aquarium Pump

Aqua-Bee UP 7000 Aquarium Pump - return

Skimz Fluidized Reactor- Aqua-Bee UP 2000 tee off to NF 509 and CR

DE Lightings 8 x 39watts

Turbelle stream Kit TS07