Iceman's first 2ft tank

icceman

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It seems that you have alot of fishes gone/missing based on the recent pictures.

They died?

2 fishes died over the CNY. The longhorn cowfish got stucked at the powerhead, she's still alive when I found her, no visible injuries, but died 1 day later after that (think it's shock and stress). The firefish decided to commit suicide and jumped out of the tank. He's already dried up like salted fish when I found him. The yellow nose goby was eaten by the diamond goby & the 2 spot goby died of hunger. The rest of the fishes are still looking great and eating like a pig, they're not in the pics because they are hiding under/behind the rocks. :P

Removed the green mushroom and torch corals to make space for the sun and hammer coral.

Live stocks in the tank:

2 x false clown

2 x green chromis

1 x purple firefish

1 x blue tang

1 x yellow tang

1 x Janss pipefish

1 x foxface

1 x solar fairy wrasse

1 x diamond goby

1 x yellow watchman goby

1 x yellow clown goby

1 x rainfort goby

1 x hector goby

3 x algae hermit

2 x electric blue hermit

1 x heart urchin

1 x sand starfish

1 x cleaner shrimp

2 x ###### shrimp

1 x piston shrimp

1 x camel shrimp

1 x reef lobster

1 x blue maxima clam

Corals:

Frogspawn

Toadstool leather

Finger Leather

Jewel

Hammer

Sun

Zoas

Red sponge

Orange sponge

Purple seafan

Xenia

Green buble

y do u say more fish will die soonz????

to:iceman..

y ur diamond eat ur yellow nose siaz?

ur diamond how big size???

The diamond goby is about 8cm, don't know why he ate the yellow nose goby leh. Found the yellow nose goby in the diamond goby's mouth (the whole body in his mouth with only the head outside) when I reach office in the morning. I quickly use a stick to poke the diamond goby. This made him spit out the yellow nose, but she's already half dead liao... :cry:

caused its way way over crowded.

Haa...I agreed it's overcrowed for a 2ft tank, but you should see the amount of effort that I put in to maintain it. :P The fishes that I bought 3mths ago are still with me and they're growing bigger. Most of the fishes that "up lorry" were due to "freak accidents" or starvation (only eats live pods and my tank not enough pods to feed them). So far, no fishes died of unknown reasons yet (heng heng) :whistle

• SRC Member

Haa...I agreed it's overcrowed for a 2ft tank, but you should see the amount of effort that I put in to maintain it. :P The fishes that I bought 3mths ago are still with me and they're growing bigger. Most of the fishes that "up lorry" were due to "freak accidents" or starvation (only eats live pods and my tank not enough pods to feed them). So far, no fishes died of unknown reasons yet (heng heng) :whistle

you have to understand though that maybe even if you keep up with the water changes and maintaining everything the fish still arent very comfortable. imagine living in a 4 bedroom house with 13 people, you wouldnt have much room to move around, you might get aggrivated or get stressed out or get stuck in a powerhead trying to find your own space. ;) this is what your fish are going through. stress is a very big factor in fish dieing.

oh and the tangs need AT LEAST a 5 ft tank because they swim so much. it like keeping a greyhound locked up in an apartment all day and never giving it exercise.

12g Nanocube 70w MH + 36w actinics in the stock hood! 2 years old

24g Nanocube 70w MH + 60w actinics in the stock hood! NEW!

you have to understand though that maybe even if you keep up with the water changes and maintaining everything the fish still arent very comfortable. imagine living in a 4 bedroom house with 13 people, you wouldnt have much room to move around, you might get aggrivated or get stressed out or get stuck in a powerhead trying to find your own space. ;) this is what your fish are going through. stress is a very big factor in fish dieing.

oh and the tangs need AT LEAST a 5 ft tank because they swim so much. it like keeping a greyhound locked up in an apartment all day and never giving it exercise.

i prefer you saying that 4 persons staying in a toilet's cubicle.. :evil:

• SRC Member

i prefer you saying that 4 persons staying in a toilet's cubicle.. :evil:

eeeww gross! :sick: yeah i guess it is like that! poor fishes. :pinch:

• SRC Member

Haa..thanks for the kind advise..I get what you all mean..don't have to "sing duet" :D

sing duet thats funny! not trying to insult you we're just thinking about the fish.

Nice photography and a very nice first tank :) Just be careful with your Camel Shrimp as it may consume your soft leather coral... do check it out here

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

Nice photography and a very nice first tank :) Just be careful with your Camel Shrimp as it may consume your soft leather coral... do check it out here

Thanks, I'll monitor the camel shrimp closely. Don't know when it'll go "crazy" and start to attack my corals. :blink:

Thanks, I'll monitor the camel shrimp closely. Don't know when it'll go "crazy" and start to attack my corals. :blink:

As long as it is well fed... it will have little incentive to consume your "yucky" looking Leather... do feed a bit more making sure it gets a pellet or two daily :)

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica