Setting Up Marine Tank

your tank should be able to tahan much more than that.

give and take, since you said the tank is 73L in capacity, it would weigh around 80kg with water inside it *taking into account 1L of water = 1kg and tank weighs around 5 to 7 kg).

add in another 10kg worth of sand. it hasn't even crack yet right? I've got friends who put up to twenty kg worth of Live rocks in their 2fts, and nothing happened. yet.

the long of the short of it is this. stock with LRs until you think its at an acceptable level, not what we think, then stop right there. an acceptable level to you may not be one to us, as you live with the fear of the tank exploding at night whilst you sleep, not us. (=

and PS. my 10kg in that post you quoted? I was refering to the Live Rocks. not sand. (=

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

your tank should be able to tahan much more than that.

give and take, since you said the tank is 73L in capacity, it would weigh around 80kg with water inside it *taking into account 1L of water = 1kg and tank weighs around 5 to 7 kg).

add in another 10kg worth of sand. it hasn't even crack yet right? I've got friends who put up to twenty kg worth of Live rocks in their 2fts, and nothing happened. yet.

the long of the short of it is this. stock with LRs until you think its at an acceptable level, not what we think, then stop right there. an acceptable level to you may not be one to us, as you live with the fear of the tank exploding at night whilst you sleep, not us. (=

and PS. my 10kg in that post you quoted? I was refering to the Live Rocks. not sand. (=

oh ok woah tats pretty scary :shock: ... in the middle of the night or whenever... :shock::look:

ok i tink i will go with my ideas n plans i hope keke but of course not too much .. muz restrict myself lol~ thks alot! ;)

your pH will naturally reach around 8. something when you have the water at SG 1.0124. or something like that. forgot the figure. damn headache. ...

oh gosh so i guess i shouldnt hav bought the ph test kit ? i onli hav no2 n this ph tester kit wat abt the others ? realli needed ? went thru the whole tester kit saw so mani but wondering which one is tat i truely need it though... :blink::unsure: