Aquavista99's new SPS reef

aquavista99

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I edited the last picture because it is hard to place a face with an underwater picture....but this is a better picture of me.

Nice looking... landscape :lol: Love the skimmate... more more more :evil::evil::evil:

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• SRC Member

I was told that my new skimmer will be shipped today or tomorrow, so I should get it within a week. It's is a large Euro-Reef skimmer with three pumps. I will keep the pictures coming. I recently posted some reef pictures from a snorkel and dive trip from Hawaii.....posted in the Scuba/dive forum....you should check them out...here is a preview ...

10060012.jpg

10070012.jpg

oh man... i simply love the school of yellow tangs!!

Best Regards,

Morpheous

==========================================================================================

My Ocean Pets:

Emperor Angel, PowderBlue Tang, Regal Angel, Teardrop Butterfly, Singapore Angel and Nemos

==========================================================================================

(Only when you guard your lips, you guard your soul....)

• SRC Member
look a the number of big yellow tangs!

are we allowed to take anything from the sea?

maybe... like a SPS frag?

They export the yellow tangs worldwide, but the coral and live rock are off limits. You can purchase snails, inverts and macro algae from Hawaii via Indo-Pacific Reef Farms, which is located in Kona, Hawaii.

• SRC Member

I filled the CO2 tank this evening. Here are a few new pictures of the reef. Still no skimmer but I am told the skimmer will ship soon.

coralupdatenov06288.jpg

coralupdatenov06290.jpg

Here is a picture of some free stuff I won last night at my local reef club meeting in the United States

coralupdatenov06289.jpg

Now do we have some local meeting where we can win stuff like that? :lol::lol::lol: Would like to try the Crab Gourmet :blink:

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

Nope.. mine's a Hydor... can't wait to see some serious gunk :lol: Any link to your skimmer's specs?

• SRC Member
Nope.. mine's a Hydor... can't wait to see some serious gunk  :lol:  Any link to your skimmer's specs?

I will post pics of the skimmer in operation soon. Here is a link to my skimmer's specs:

http://www.euro-reef.com/rc500specs.shtml

Model RC500 Technical Specifications

**This model can be used in sump or externally**

Rated for aquarium systems of +/- 500 gallons with a medium bioload

Footprint/ sump space required for skimmer: 17" x 24"

Height: 30"

Reaction chamber diameter: 12"

Reaction chamber volume: 8.38 gallons

Inlet sizes: 1"

Outlet size: 1.5"

Pumps (included): (3) SPE5 Euro-Reef modified EHEIM 1262 pumps

Pump power consumption: 120 watts (3X40w) @ 115/120 VAC 60hz

Air intake: 2400 lph

The Mangroves are growing well... and most importantly... I can see some serious GUNK!!! :lol: Please zoom into the cup please :bow:

• SRC Member
The Mangroves are growing well... and most importantly... I can see some serious GUNK!!!  :lol:  Please zoom into the cup please  :bow:

Skimmer has been up and running for less than two days. Here is the close-up you requested :)

coralupdatenov06324.jpg

Another close up of my mangroves and cheato

coralupdatenov06326.jpg