problems with ich

notice than my fishes have ich now.

according to what i read, does it mean ich will come once the fishes are stressed?

and ich can come and go without causing serious harm?

the white spots appear in the morning and clear in the afternoon today.

but the fishes also appear to rub their bodies against the live rocks. so stress spots is just temporary? may it be due to new introduction of coral to the tank?

Oh that's probably ich... and they are harmful. Do not take them too lightly although it's true that they come and go... and some specimens are known to be somewhat immune to such attack after a while...

For me, if I have this problem... I will do the following:

1) Feed them well in a wide variety of good food. Boost their immune system and seaweed is generally good to help boost Tang's immune system. Also, you can consider feeding them more, but that is if you are confident enough that the extra feeding will not affect water quality.

2) Do partial water change, but slowly. Avoid large amount of water changed within a day as it will add additional stress to the infected fishes.

3) You might wanna consider running a UV Sterilizer, although may not be able to remove those ich from your fishes, at least it will reduce the possibility of another outbreak, which will usually happen 2 weeks later :o

4) Do not stress your fish further, try not to put your hands in the tank too frequent. Minimize interference.

5) Do not introduce any new fishes. As it is most likely the cause for such outbreak in the first place.

6) Check all your major parameters, namely Sg, ph, KH, NO3, NO2 and NH4 as all these can add major stress to the infected fishes if left to stray away from the acceptable range.

7) Of course, if you can catch the infected fish... you can consider treating them in a separate tank (water not linked to the main tank please)... and NO MEDICATION INSIDE YOUR MAIN TANK!!!

And no, I don't think corals will bring ich along...

All the best to your bro!

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica