new 3ft

kevink

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member

lol sorry tried to resize more for the later pics then.. the bags?? i dont know im just using cheap rubber bags for them does it matter much??

those things inside the bags are kent marine nitrate sponge and seachem de nitrate in there. the phosphate sponge i use stocking to bag it up since it was too fine for the bags.

should i use stocking for all of them then?

• SRC Member

not sure if i understand that part :cry2: take out the bioball you probably mean the in the overflow got that part coral chip i presume the red bags right??

the checkin return pipe dont get it totally plz explain :D

thanks for the tips. should i leave out the bioballs completely then? or use them in the sump?

• SRC Member
not sure if i understand that part :cry2: take out the bioball you probably mean the in the overflow got that part coral chip i presume the red bags right??

the checkin return pipe dont get it totally plz explain :D

thanks for the tips. should i leave out the bioballs completely then? or use them in the sump?

When u off the return pump the sump tank might flood, cos from the pic i can see that the water in the sump is quite high.

Yes take out the bio-ball from the over flow and the coral chip, if not u will have NO3 problem in the future.

• SRC Member

got that will remove them tomorrow. tested the water level with powerin everything off the water will not flood out :D but will remove a bit of water just in case.

just a question though if i remove the boiball and the coral chips i will only have..... bio rings in the sump and the filter pads and those aqua clays, is that enough to do the job?? gonna remove the active carbon in a few days too after the water is clear up a bit. should i add more bio rings? any suggestions?? :thanks:

• SRC Member
got that will remove them tomorrow. tested the water level with powerin everything off the water will not flood out :D but will remove a bit of water just in case.

just a question though if i remove the boiball and the coral chips i will only have..... bio rings in the sump and the filter pads and those aqua clays, is that enough to do the job?? gonna remove the active carbon in a few days too after the water is clear up a bit. should i add more bio rings? any suggestions?? :thanks:

Emm i think take that out also it the same thing as the coral chip. U can actually use Live Rock instead of all this.

BTW what skimmer are u using??

• SRC Member

havent decided on the skimmer yet....... was looking at macro aqua.... cheap price makes me wonder if it works......

lol currently i have bout 30kg of live rock in the tank. dont think i can stick much live rock in the sump though

• SRC Member
havent decided on the skimmer yet....... was looking at macro aqua.... cheap price makes me wonder if it works......

lol currently i have bout 30kg of live rock in the tank. dont think i can stick much live rock in the sump though

U can go for the Reef Octopus it cheap and the performance is not bad. ;)

• SRC Member

i see hmmm i do have bout 10kg of live rock from my old tank but..... if i put them in now my nano tank is gonna be bare i dont think my fishes can handle it. was thinking adding macroalgae into main tank but i think my tang will just makan it all in a day. :(

• SRC Member

sump still need to remove the bio rings gonna do that tomorrow. measure some water today as well

KH 12 <--- reed builder works well

PH 8.3

Nitrate 50

Nitrite 0.8

ammnia ??? <----- think my ammonia test kit went bad it stay the same always even on my old tank ; ;

• SRC Member

Bro,

Maybe you should draft out a list of equipment you are going to put in the sump before you decide to go for a refugium in your sump. Looking at your sump design, I believe you will have very limited or no space left after you put in a skimmer, FR and return pump.