Pls help to id this...

shiok

• SRC Member

I am cycling my tank now... today is the 11th day since i added uncure LR in my tank...

There something grow on the rock but i am unsure wat is it and whether is it good or bad, can someone help to id it for me and if it's bad can pls tell me how to get rid of it? Thankyou in advance...

post-6-1067870950.jpg

Your pic is too big and blur.

dont see anything funny on your LR though

But if you tame me, we shall need each other.

To me, you will be unique in all the world.

To you, I shall be unique in all the world...

You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed.

-Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Keep our hobby sustainable, participate in fragging NOW

CHAETO Farmer FarmerDan.gif

Looks like a variety of sponges, typical of uncured Indo-Pacific LRs.

Its fine as long as it does not grow into plague proportions. If they turn white, odds are its dying and will pollute the water.

You can opt to scrub it off and do away with that possibilty, or you can keep them and let them add more 'life' into your tank.

• SRC Member
Looks like a variety of sponges, typical of uncured Indo-Pacific LRs.

Its fine as long as it does not grow into plague proportions. If they turn white, odds are its dying and will pollute the water.

You can opt to scrub it off and do away with that possibilty, or you can keep them and let them add more 'life' into your tank.

sorry i thought sponges is well in 3-d... :huh: at least those i saw in lfs looks 3-d...

my were juz patches of orange, yellow and green things on the rock :(

if it is a variety of sponges would you recommend to keep it? wat do i need to do to maintain it? :unsure:

Unless you have a fully functional and matured DSB, you can consider dosing commercially available products such as KENT's Phytoplex, or DT's Live Phytoplankton.

Some hobbyists are also culturing their own. You can buy from any of the aforementioned sources, or culture your own.

However, be advised that it should be used in moderation as overdosing will pollute your water and cause all sorts of problem.

Do a search in the forum or the Internet for more information.