How to prevent this..

• SRC Member

some Re-wiring taking place on the whole block

power will be cut from 8.30 - 5pm..

wat do u suggest i do?

some say buy battery operated pump..

but will it be able to last tt long?

8.30 - 5pm

as i am not sure wat time they will start to cut the power and wat time they will restore it..

if i turn the battery operated pump ON, will it tahan til 5pm

or til i come home??

pls advise??

Yes no problem at all. Mine have a power cut off same as yours from 8am to 5pm last year, once every two weeks for 2 times, but my fishes are all ok. At 1st I'm worried also, but after the 1st time, I'm more relieve, as compared to fresh water fishes (e.g. goldfish), they don't really come to the surface to breath for air. They just live normally. The battery operated pump can last for long hours, no worries, as they uses large battery. But when the power is back, make sure you check that all your powerheads are running, sometimes powerhead may have a hard time to kick start when they have been running for years and suddenly off. :lol:

• SRC Member

bro the incident happen to me yesterday and all my fishes are murdered..

:(

and i could not do anything til 9pm when i reach home to collect their dead shell..

f**K man..

oni the small damsels manage to survive as it noes how to come to the surface and breathe..

all my bigger fishes are all murdered..

damN

Did you place a battery operated air bubble pump? If you did, they are able to survive through it. I even have inverts/corals and they survive through as well. Just wondering, your 1st post for this thread was today or yesterday? Cas the date shows today.

• SRC Member

doesn't matter todae or yesterday la..

all dead liao..

lol.. think i wanna start frogfish now..

lol..

but i hope more suggestion could come in to save others who might face the same incident as me..

This is a never ending problem/debate... I personally explored the idea before and found that it is not as straight-forward... coz it is almost impossible to keep our chiller and MH running under a UPS system ;) Perhaps we need a small generator that runs on petrol :eyebrow:

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• SRC Member
bro the incident happen to me yesterday and all my fishes are murdered..

:(

and i could not do anything til 9pm when i reach home to collect their dead shell..

f**K man..

oni the small damsels manage to survive as it noes how to come to the surface and breathe..

all my bigger fishes are all murdered..

damN

Sorry to hear that :(

Regarding the power supply. Mayb can talk to the town council or the contractor-in-charge regarding this and ask them for a solution... <_< Normally they will think of solution to help.

• 2 weeks later...
  • SRC Member

Sorry to hear that :(

Regarding the power supply. Mayb can talk to the town council or the contractor-in-charge regarding this and ask them for a solution... <_< Normally they will think of solution to help.

hahahahaha.. bro

the very day tt the incident happened...

i've log a complaint to HDB aly..

til today.. no reply watsoeva was received..

how many weeks aly??

u still thnks tt HDB or town council actually care and gif a damn tt ur fishes death??

IMO, they dun..

probably, they will be laughing at me

been silly for complaining abt death of a few fishes..

anyway.. i think wat jervis say abt the petrol generator thing is too much la

lol..

althou its seldom activated.. BUT IMO..

1st - petrol expensive

2nd - how long can it last? 3hours?

3rd - petrol runs out whose going to top up for u when it runs dry??.

4th - generator is damn noisy when running and cause alot of vibrations.

5th - ur neighbours up down left right will complaint if ur fishes dun..

6th - who is going to kick start the generator when the Main. P.S stops???

• SRC Member
althou its seldom activated.. BUT IMO..

1st - petrol expensive

2nd - how long can it last? 3hours?

3rd - petrol runs out whose going to top up for u when it runs dry??.

4th - generator is damn noisy when running and cause alot of vibrations.

5th - ur neighbours up down left right will complaint if ur fishes dun..

6th - who is going to kick start the generator when the Main. P.S stops???

hmmmm.

if we are talking bout smaller scale generators here, not those huge ones u can see at pasar malams...

1. Petrol indeed is expensive. go buy the cheapest form of petrol available in petrol kiosk lor. 1 liter $1.20+-, capacity of each generator, or at least those i have used soo far, about 5 liters max capacity...

2. those buggers can last pretty long. tried running them from 7pm till 7am nxt day, e fuel could tahan for a day with plenty left overs...

3. petrol run out go petrol kiosk buy lor. bring container can le...

4. this one i cant help u. but if its not too huge it wun cause a ritchter 4 earthquake... its more of e noise and exhaust...

5. ask your maid if you have one, to come pull that cord lor. juz one clean jerk. haha. or u can go por you neighbours a bit, so if got power failure they can go over and do the dark deed for u.. ahaha