New Tank Setup - Any LFS Recommendations?

Hi guys,

I am wondering if anyone can help me.I am planning to set up a 4 ft marine reef tank after I move to my new house.

Did you guys set it up by yourself or get a LFS to do it for you. :)

I understand it is cheaper to setup by yourself but there many things you need to know,like the piping and the sump connection,which probably is hard to figure out from reading.

So I decided to pay for a package,just need some recommendations from those who have engaged a LFS:

1)Which are the LFS that I can call,that offer a package to setup a marine tank for you?(I only find Jireh & Aquatic Support in the Sponsor Section)

2)How much did you pay for your package?(E.g 4 ft package)

Thanks for your help

Andy

u can get Aqua marin , u can drop by and discuss with them for the package ....

Humble tank :

Size: 4x2.5x2 ft - Display 

Equipment :

Return 1 : Ecotech marine L1

Return 2 : Ecotech marine M1

CR : Skimz CM122 - Caribsea extra course media with Grotech magnesium

Light : ATI 8x54W

• SRC Member

Just be ready for some good damages...

It is better to list the equipment and tank configuration before heading down for the LFS, be it AM or Jireh.

I meant things like:

1. 4 ft tank with sump?

2. Calcium reactor?

3. Fluidize reactor?

4. Skimmer?

5. Lightings - what type, depending if keeping corals?

6. Chiller if keeping corals?

With that in mind, work out a budget for each item, different brand has different price.

Welcome.

Equipment:

30G Corner Tank with 10G Sump, 2 x 24W artinic T5, 1 x 24W 10K, 1x 24W 20K, 3" Grade 0 sand & Live rocks, Activated Carbon, Bio-home, 2 x Seio M620, Hailea 1/2HP Chiller, Redsea Pro Skimmer

Live Stock:

Turbo Snail x 1, Green Mandarin Dragonet X 2, Blue Tang X 2, True percular x 2, 1 x Algae Bleenie, Clarke clown x 2

Reef:

1 x 2" Blue maxima, Red/Brown/Purple Mushroom (Discosoma), Pink Ricordea yuma, A little colony Brown/Green common Zoanthus, Red/Pink/Green US Zoanthus, Eagle-eye Zoathus, 14 Branch Goniopora Pandoraensis, 1 Starburst Polyps, 3 + 2 Branch Frogspawn, 4 Blasto, palythoa, Cheato

RIPs (Since June 2005):

1. Sabae clown (KO by Clarke clown) 2. 1 branch melted frogspawn 4 branch 3. Golden maxima (Ripe the base off rock by me) 4. Algae Bleenie x 2 (Starvation) 5. Blue Maxima x 1, 2 x Maxima, 1 x frogspawn, rics (Overtemp...)

Old 30G Corner Tank.

Restarted 30G Corner Tank.

• SRC Member

I agree with what Nakazoru has mentioned. It's really better for you to at least have some idea of what you're lookin to achieve with the tank before you talk to an LFS about a package.

The least u can try and figure out for yourself is what you intend to keep. ie. Is it fishes that you're interested in, or corals perhaps? And if corals, would you ever consider venturing into SPS etc...

These are good questions to ask yourself first...take sometime to find the answers to these questions before u even step into an LFS for packages else i can almost 100% assure you that you're not going to get the right setup for u the first time around and end up spending more replacing items which you've bought initially (which is just a plain waste of money if you asked me)

As to how much ppl spend, it varies greatly from a couple of grand...to tens of thousands :P

Tank 66"x27"x28" - Return Pump Red Dragon 12m3 - Skimmer Deltec AP701 - Chiller Starmex - Wavemakers Wavysea - Lighting DE 6 x T5-HO

southpaw23's reef