Angels and corals

Hi,

Would like to know which species of angels are 'mostly' reef safe with corals (sps and lps)? From what I read, angels have a high tendency to nip at corals, and for some it's their main source of food. But also, there are some which are 'quite' reef safe in that they nibble once in a while, or when there's a shortage of food. Am I right to state this?

I am thinking of keep an Angel, but do not wish to find myself at a state of loss...lol

Pls advice.

the flame i bought from ah beng is more busy with nipping on the algae than to disturb my corals

Humble tank :

Size: 4x2.5x2 ft - Display 

Equipment :

Return 1 : Ecotech marine L1

Return 2 : Ecotech marine M1

CR : Skimz CM122 - Caribsea extra course media with Grotech magnesium

Light : ATI 8x54W

Hi,

Would like to know which species of angels are 'mostly' reef safe with corals (sps and lps)? From what I read, angels have a high tendency to nip at corals, and for some it's their main source of food. But also, there are some which are 'quite' reef safe in that they nibble once in a while, or when there's a shortage of food. Am I right to state this?

I am thinking of keep an Angel, but do not wish to find myself at a state of loss...lol

Pls advice.

50/50

All angel are capable of nipping. even if they appear to be reef-safe for prolong period of time , there is still a tendency it will nip.

the safest angel to add to a reef tank is probably the argi angel but again IMHO it is still not entirely reef safe . :)

2x1.5x1.5 tank

Lighting: AI hydra 52HD

Skimmer: Deltec SC 1455

Reactor: Minimax; rowaphos

Skimz  ; NP biopellets

Wave Maker: MP 40 WQD

Return pump: Eheim 1262

Chiller: Arctica 1/10 hp

A righteous man cares for the needs of his animal, but the kindest acts of the wicked are cruel -- Proverbs 12:10

• SRC Member

50/50

All angel are capable of nipping. even if they appear to be reef-safe for prolong period of time , there is still a tendency it will nip.

the safest angel to add to a reef tank is probably the argi angel but again IMHO it is still not entirely reef safe . :)

Agreed with you. Angel is still angel.You don't know what going to happen next. God create a underwater garden, where you see angel among the coral reef, but you cant create the similar garden he has.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

One of my favourite fish only.

Give me one more chance....

• 4 weeks later...